Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old December 6th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by loco88, Prettygirl, Chelleum, OhioLEO & Vandycruiser!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. This week: Cruise Critic Insulated Sports bag-- we hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Dawn Disappointed with the Dawn by loco88
Hello fellow cruisers! I will try and cover everything discussed in other reviews and just about the boat in general and give a very reliable and honest review. I traveled with a group of 26 people all over the age of 18 (we were 28 but two had last minute emergencies and had to cancel). We booked the Norwegian Dawn leaving from Tampa and going to Roatan, Honduras, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Since we cruised on NCL before we were aware that Norwegian offers a beverage package. That is unlimited drinks on board, which for our group saved us thousands of dollars. It is hard to find information on this so here is how it works...You must be a group of 20 or more people in a minimum of 8 rooms. There are 2 packages to choose from, regular or premium. Everyone in the party has to take the package and the same package. Anyone under 21 needs to take the soda package. We took the regular package which included call liquor (Stoli, Bacardi, etc) and most frozen drinks. The cost was $322 for the week. Now on with the rest of the review. Continue reading... Disappointed with the Dawn

Sea Princess Sea Princess Repositioning and Circumnavigation of Aus by Prettygirl
We booked back to back cruises, first the repositioning cruise from San Francisco and the follow-on circumnavigation of Australia and New Zealand. We had the same cabin for both cruises but the second 33 days were very different from the first 27 days. Embarkation in San Francisco was held up 3 hours because the ship had been in a 10 day rehab and was still off loading trash. The port in San Francisco is in dire need of updating if they want to increase cruise ship traffic. There is no place to wait inside the terminal, you have to stand outside on the sidewalk. No fun if it is raining. You must tip the local porters to take your bags to the ship. Australian passengers were having a real hard time with this because they don't tip. Cabin - We had a balcony cabin across from the aft elevators, starboard, Baja Deck. We were a little worried about traffic noise from the elevators but it really was not much of a problem. We could smell garlic and onions and a noxious fume mainly at night. After a couple weeks of this we mentioned the noxious fume was causing headaches to our room steward. He said he would tell his supervisor and it seemed to go away for the most part. The only other issue we had was the air conditioning went out but was repaired within 2 hours. Continue reading... Sea Princess Repositioning and Circumnavigation of Aus

Carnival Ecstasy Great birthday cruise!!!! by Chelleum
Travel- We travelled from NY to Orlando one night before the cruise. We rented a car from Budget, and drove to Cocoa Beach. We stayed at Days INN, it was the cheapest hotel in that area. The hotel was nothing to brag about. It was clean and they did serve breakfast in the morning. Embarkation- The day of embarkment was my birthday. We got up early had breakfast at the hotel. Then we drove out to pick up some last minute items. We returned our rental car back to budget at 11am, which wasn't to far from the hotel. We was shuttle from Budget to the ship terminal. It was a very smooth check in, we was on the ship in about 15 mins no wait at all. We was on the ship around 12 noon. ship- My first impression of the ship was it's an average looking older ship. Nothing exciting but it was very clean and the staff was very friendly and hard working. I have read many reviews on this ship and I have read that it had a stink sewage smell. I did smell it towards the last night of the cruise. It was also coming through our air vent. We called housekeeping to complain and of course the smell was not present when they came to check. They did tell the room steward to refresh our room, but since it was coming from the air vent we had to turn it off and on because the smell would come and go. Continue reading... Great birthday cruise!!!!

Celebrity Summit 10 year anniversary first time cruisers... by OhioLEO
Ok here I go....This was out first cruise so please bear with me. We flew into San Juan the day before we sailed to spend some time exploring (OSJ)Old San Juan. Once we arrived we found a taxi to our hotel. Once we checked in and dropped off our luggage we went to OSJ to explore. Exploring El Morro, a 400 year old fort was amazing!!! Took so many amazing pictures. After exploring OSJ we took a taxi back to our hotel. We changed and checked out Club Brava & Ultra Lounge. DW & I had an amazing time till abou 3am when her feet gave out lol. Next morning we took a taxi to the port to board the Summit.Dropped off the two large bags and carried on the small ones. Since we were early and also Concierge class we breezed through the check in process in less then 30 minutes. We explored the ship for a little till we were advised that our room was ready. We then went to our room and changed into swim suits to go enjoy the pools and hot tubs for a couple hours. Continue reading... 10 year anniversary first time cruisers...

Ryndam Thanksgiving on Ryndam 2012 by Vandycruiser
My 85 year old mother was willing to join us for a cruise so we selected the Ryndam for the size of the ship and the notion that the staff would be friendly to elders. We all had a great time. We were on the 6th floor at the bow of the ship right next to a staff door. The bad news was that the pneumatic door opener was broken and when someone went through the door it made a loud "Bang". The good news is that when I complained it was promptly fixed and the next day we got a call from Christine the front desk manager as well as a lovely plate of chocolates! Our first stop was Key West and second was Roatan. We'd booked a private tour with Dixon tours. The cost was great - $25/p. The driver was good. But...alas it rained. So, we did not get out much. Still it's a beautiful island. We have disembarked previously at Mahogany bay and love that spot for the nearby beach as well as the uncrowded shops. Continue reading... Thanksgiving on Ryndam 2012

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; December 6th, 2012 at 03:41 PM.