Poll: Which river will you cruise on in 2013?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:21 PM.
Poll: What river cruise will you take in 2013?
Poll Results
What river cruise will you take in 2013?

Danube
33.64%

Mekong
6.54%

Rhine
26.17%

Nile
0%

Italy's Po
4.67%

America's Mississippi
3.74%

Seine
9.35%

Russia's rivers
7.48%

Duoro
5.61%

Rhone
5.61%

Yangtze
3.74%

Moselle
7.48%

Elbe
0.93%

Other (please comment below)
1.87%

Multiple Choice Poll.

Voters: 107.  You may not vote on this poll.

New Jersey
3,516 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Are you planning to take a river cruise next year? If so, please vote for the river you've chosen (and feel free, below, to tell us which river line you've chosen).

Thanks.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown
Editor in Chief
Cruise Critic
2,437 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
We are sailing with Road Scholar on the Gironde in France in June of 2013. Vantage offered a similar trip last year but not again. Viking will offer it in 2014. Our trip has time in the Dordonge area also. This is river cruise number 16. Pat
New Jersey
3,516 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Hi, Pat, this is one I want to try!!! I hope you'll write a nice and jucy review.....

Carolyn

Originally posted by pacmom
We are sailing with Road Scholar on the Gironde in France in June of 2013. Vantage offered a similar trip last year but not again. Viking will offer it in 2014. Our trip has time in the Dordonge area also. This is river cruise number 16. Pat
Ontario, Canada
2,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
We are doing the Danube - twice - next year.

We travel with Viking in April. We start in Bucharest then board the boat for a 7 night cruise up to Budapest. The package includes 2 nights in Budapest, but we are adding an extra day on our own. This will be our 1st cruise with Viking, but our 6th river cruise overall.

Then in September, we go back to Budapest, and cruise up to Nuremberg with Scenic. River cruise #7 - 2nd time with Scenic. We are not continuing on to Prague with the tour, as we wish to spend a couple of extra days in Nuremberg before flying home via London (to visit our daughter....) We have sailed Budapest to Nuremberg before with AMA, and didn't think we would be repeating rivers so soon - but life happened, and this was a good choice for us.

Fran
Ontario, Canada
2,709 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by editor@cruisecritic
Hi, Pat, this is one I want to try!!! I hope you'll write a nice and jucy review.....

Carolyn
I second Carolyn's request for a review... was looking at the new Viking itinerary. Although it may have to wait a bit of time... already have a deposit on the Rhone for 2014!!

Fran
FL
14,124 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
Skipping the river for 2013 but planning a wine cruise with AMA on the Seine in 2014.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
142 cruises since 1964, 14 on the river.

Our river cruising history:

Avalon Luminary B2B- Christmas Markets, 2009
Avalon Affinity - Christmas Markets 2010
Avalon Panorama - Danube New Years Cruise, 2011
AmaDante -Vineyards of the Rhine and Moselle 2012
AmaCerto - Budapest to Nuremburg, 2013
AmaBella - Tulip Time, 2014
AmaDagio - Provence, 2014
AmaReina - Holiday on the Rhine 2014
SS Catherine - Provence 2015
AmaSerena Christmas on the Rhine, 2015
Scenic Diamond, Bordeaux, April 2016
AmaVida, Douro, August. 2016
AmaSonata, Romantic Danube - Oct. 2016

Looking forward to:
Joie de Vivre, Paris and Normany - April 2017
Le Lyral, The Adriatic, September 2017
Amadeus Silver II - Magic of Advent, December 2017
Oceania Marina, South Pacific, March 2018
AmaKristina, Christmas Markets, December 2018

San Tan Valley, AZ
572 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Traveling on my ninth and tenth GCT river cruises next year. The Seine in July and the Rhine/Moselle in September.
California
150 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
The Rhine and Moselle with Uniworld on the River Queen in Sept.

Prior cruises were the Danube and the Rhone.
cb
Mackay Australia
786 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
No cruise for us in 2013 but we are planning a cruise on the Rhone for our 40th Anniversay in 2014. No cruise company selected as yet.
central PA
110 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Loved our American Queen cruise this year and looking forward to planning another. A friendly option for those who need to use mobility devices.
Okeechobee, Florida
5,760 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
I chose "other" because we're sailing an American river next year, just not the Mississippi.

Sailed on a back to back voyage on American Queen this past August; enjoyed it so much we signed up for another in 2013. We sailed on the Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio and Mississippi rivers from Chattanooga to Memphis, then from Memphis to Louisville. Fabulous.

We're going to be doing a portion of the Ohio River, Cincinnati to Pittsburgh, in early August. I was raised in a town on the Ohio just outside Pittsburgh and used to watch the steamboats go by. I vowed to sail on one someday, and this will be my third voyage! Imagine, all the romance and scenery of a European river cruise without leaving the USA, and on a true steam powered paddle wheeler!

We also want to do St. Paul to St. Louis in 2014, and the southern Mississippi out of New Orleans around the holidays the next year, seeing the antebellum mansions decorated for Christmas and the holiday bonfires along the levees.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
...Don (& Betsy) Horner
Send a Message to Don
New Orleans, LA
421 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
American Queen - Mississippi River. Leaving Sunday!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked
Crystal Symphony - Jan 20 - Feb 16 2014 B2B Tahiti to New Zealand to Australia

Memories
American Queen - 2012 - Lower Mississippi
Crystal Symphony - 2011 - Alaska
Crystal Symphony - 2009 - Panama Canal
Crystal Serenity - 2007 - Caribbean
Regent Mariner - 2006 - Caribbean
Crystal Symphony - 2005 Caribbean
Dobbs Ferry, NY
206 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
We will be on Uniworld's new Queen Isabela June 27, 2013. We have never been on a river cruise and we are quite excited
nemo, texas
1,242 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Doing Gate 1 on the Shashkov, St. Petersburg to Moscow, in May.
2 years ago did Grand Circle, Vienna to Amsterdam.
New Jersey
3,516 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Curious, Rogerdawhip, with almost 10 GCT river cruises yet, what's still on your bucket list for the future?

Carolyn

Originally posted by rogerdawhip
Traveling on my ninth and tenth GCT river cruises next year. The Seine in July and the Rhine/Moselle in September.
Northridge, CA
109 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by DebbieMH
American Queen - Mississippi River. Leaving Sunday!
Please, please post a review. Hubby turned up his nose at the idea, but maybe we can convince him.

cb