Allowed bottle of wine

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:51 PM.
Cape Cod MA
10 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I'm getting ready to set sail in February and starting to do my prep work. I wanted to bring the one allowed bottle of wine and was hoping that someone might be able to help me with some logistics. I've never done it before and didn't want to do it wrong and not be able to take the bottle.
We will be taking the transfer from the airport to the port and I just wanted to make sure that we would have access to our luggage so that I can transfer the bottle from checked to carry on. Or do I need to purchase the bottle in the airport. (that could get pricey I know!) Does anyone have experience with this?
Thank you!!!!
Connecticut
20,941 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by girlonfire30
I'm getting ready to set sail in February and starting to do my prep work. I wanted to bring the one allowed bottle of wine and was hoping that someone might be able to help me with some logistics. I've never done it before and didn't want to do it wrong and not be able to take the bottle.
We will be taking the transfer from the airport to the port and I just wanted to make sure that we would have access to our luggage so that I can transfer the bottle from checked to carry on. Or do I need to purchase the bottle in the airport. (that could get pricey I know!) Does anyone have experience with this?
Thank you!!!!
I will try and help. Each adult can carry on (note carry on) one 750ML bottle of wine. It cannot be is your checked bag. What port are you sailing out of? In Miami there are places near the port you can buy wine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Celebration (1 sailing) 07/96 (Western Carib.)
Carnival Imagination (2 sailings) 07/98 (Western Carib.) 04/09 (Bahamas)
Carnival Destiny (2 sailings) 08/99 (West. Carib.) 08/03 (Southern Carib.)
Carnival Triumph (1 sailing)07/00 (Eastern Carib.)
Carnival Pride (4 sailings) 07/01 (Western Carib.) 07/05 (Mex. Riviera) 04/12 (Eastern Carib.)12/16 NYE cruise Eastern Carib
RCCL Majesty of the Seas (1 sailing)04/02 (Bahamas)
Carnival Spirit (2 sailings) 07/04 (Alaska) 07/08 (Alaska)
Carnival Valor (1 sailing) 08/05 (Eastern Carib.)
Carnival Ecstasy (1 sailing) 04/06 (Cozumel, Progresso) Platinum Cruise
Carnival Liberty (4 sailings) 07/06 (Med cruise) 02/07 (Panama Canal) 07/08 (Exotic Eastern Carib.)
02/07 (Panama Canal) 02/11 (Exotic Eastern Carib.)
Carnival Inspiration (1 sailing) 8/07 (Western Carib.)
MSC Orchestra (1 sailing) 2/09 (Eastern Carib.)
Carnival Splendor (3 sailings) 08/09 (Mexican Riviera) 08/13 (Eastern out of NYC) Milestone Cruise 08/14 (Eastern out of NYC)

Carnival Dream (1 sailing) 8/10 (Western Carib.)
Carnival Magic (2 sailings) 02/12 (Western Carib.) 02/15 (western Carib.)
Carnival Victory (1 sailing) 08/12 (Southern Carib.)
Carnival Legend (1 sailing) 02/13 (Western Carib.)
Carnival Breeze (3 sailings) 04/13 (8 day Eastern Carib.) 12/14 6 day Western NYE cruise 04/15 6 day western Carib. Diamond Cruise
RCCL Oasis of the Seas (1 sailing) 03/14 (Western Carib.)
Carnival Sunshine (2 sailings) 08/15 (8 day Southern Caribbean) 02/16 (8 day exotic eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Vista (2 sailings) 07/16 (8 day western Med cruise) 04/17 (8 day exotic eastern Caribbean)

Upcoming Cruises:

Carnival Pride 07/17 4th floor Vista suite... (7 day eastern Caribbean)
Carnival Breeze 11/18 (13 day Journey cruise Eastern Carib)
Carnival Horizon 7/18 (eastern out of NYC)
Canada
361 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Whatever you do, carry it on, and make sure it is within your limits. They don't care where you bring it from aslong as it matches the guidelines. I am not sure if the transfer from the airport allows you to access your luggage.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Radiance of the Seas ~ 24/12/10 - 29/12/10
Carnival Dream ~ 31/12/11 - 07/1/12
Crown Princess ~ 21/12/13 - 28/12/13

458 Posts
Joined May 2012
Unless some new service has appeared to which I am unaware, you will need to retrieve your luggage after your flight lands and bring it to the transfer. You will have access to your luggage at this time. I doubt you will have access to your luggage on the transfer. If the vehicle is a bus the luggage will be stowed under the coach. If the vehicle is some type of van the luggage will most likely be piled up in the back.