Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Cunard Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cunard Line
Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Cunard Cruise Deals.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile QE Fjords cruise in August. Elizabethan Ball

Dear All,

My husband Steve and I are cruising with Cunard for the first time and have noticed one formal evening called the Elizabethan Ball. On other cruises we have had a "Tropical" theme or "Black and White" theme with many passengers dressing to the theme. Is the Elizabethan ball a fancy dress event with period dress?

I have splashed out on a couple of evening dresses but I am not so sure that I want to pack such a costume or to see my husband in tights!!!!

Thanks for any advice you can give....also the other formal nights are called the Cunard Ball and the London Ball. Are these just names for a formal evening with standard formal dress code?

Cheers,

Sarah

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgirlie1 View Post
Dear All,

My husband Steve and I are cruising with Cunard for the first time and have noticed one formal evening called the Elizabethan Ball. On other cruises we have had a "Tropical" theme or "Black and White" theme with many passengers dressing to the theme. Is the Elizabethan ball a fancy dress event with period dress?

I have splashed out on a couple of evening dresses but I am not so sure that I want to pack such a costume or to see my husband in tights!!!!

Thanks for any advice you can give....also the other formal nights are called the Cunard Ball and the London Ball. Are these just names for a formal evening with standard formal dress code?

Cheers,

Sarah
Yes, exactly.

Some people pack costumes for the themed balls (and they look amazing) but most don't. You'll be with the majority in just your formal gear.
Queen Mary 2 - Singapore to Brisbane - Sailed on February 9th 2013
Queen Elizabeth - New York to Sydney - Sailed on January 10th 2014

Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thank you!

Dear Whitemarsh,

Thank you very much for your very speedy reply, I shall rest easy tonight knowing my usual formal glad rags will suffice.

Goodnight!

Sarah