Breakaway Aft Facing Penthouse (S6) question

topanga49er

Hi. New to NCL. Thinking of Breakaway for 12 day southern Caribbean in Jan 14. Website says that Aft Facing Penthouse sizes range from 377 to 430 sf. Does anyone know which of the AFP is the 430 sf one? Does that mean smaller balcony? Please advise, thank you!:)

We have also booked an S6 aft penthouse suite on NCL Getaway, the 'sister ship' to NCL Breakaway. I too have been studying the deck plans and reading the literature on these cabins. It would appear that deck 12 has slightly deeper balconies (based on construction pictures of Breakaway) but I have no idea about cabin sizes. We booked deck 12 (cabin 12904) as we will be taking our son, who will be 9 at the time. Deck 12 is on the same deck as the kids club entrance. We looked on cruise deck plans website.

Just need to wait until Breakaway sails later this year to find out more.

• 2 months later...
We have also booked an S6 aft penthouse suite on NCL Getaway, the 'sister ship' to NCL Breakaway. I too have been studying the deck plans and reading the literature on these cabins. It would appear that deck 12 has slightly deeper balconies (based on construction pictures of Breakaway) but I have no idea about cabin sizes. We booked deck 12 (cabin 12904) as we will be taking our son, who will be 9 at the time. Deck 12 is on the same deck as the kids club entrance. We looked on cruise deck plans website.

Just need to wait until Breakaway sails later this year to find out more.

We booked the same room on the Breakaway, sailing on 5/19/13. Will let you know. We are traveling with a 4 year old and 1 year old.

Thanks

We booked the same room on the Breakaway, sailing on 5/19/13. Will let you know. We are traveling with a 4 year old and 1 year old.

Thanks

My husband and I will be in 13904 in the aft penthouse above you on the same date 5/19/2013.

Thanks

hi.. we booked the same room 12904 for sept. 22nd 2013 sailing !!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of upgrading from a deck 14 balcony to an aft-facing for an extra $540. I have 2 cabins, total $1100 upgrade. I was aft-facing in a wrap on the Carnival Victory throughout the Caribbean and loved it. I would be happy in my BC 14th deck balcony but those afts look gorgeous, and there is availability in the HC cabin next door for my parents. Ugh, decisions!

If you can swing it, i'd go for the 2 aft facing cabins. That HC cabin is huge and if you can remove the balcony divider, you will have a huge balcony right on the aft.

Be careful of the deck though. I think 14 is right below the garden cafe.

• 2 weeks later...

So how many of the S6 guest are going to have breakfast, lunch or dinner on the balcony. I'm thinking I want to try all. The more pictures I see the happier I get about the S6 suites and the huge balconies.....Every Enjoy:D:D:D:D

norwegianbreakaway-165-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

norwegianbreakaway-170-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

norwegianbreakaway-162-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/04/29/norwegianbreakaway-168-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

Click on the last link above also has image of bedroom, sorry pictures are so big still learning how to post...LOL

http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/cruises/2013/04/29/first-look-at-the-norwegian-breakaway/2120345/

Edited by brianb50
Add text

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. New to NCL. Thinking of Breakaway for 12 day southern Caribbean in Jan 14. Website says that Aft Facing Penthouse sizes range from 377 to 430 sf. Does anyone know which of the AFP is the 430 sf one? Does that mean smaller balcony? Please advise, thank you!:)

I'm looking at the Breakaway website and it's saying that the AFT facing Penthouses are 655-824sq. But I also notice the pictures they have scrolling looks NOTHING like the video. :)

Just got off the phone with my PCC and moved to deck 9. Apparently the deck 9 aft PH suite is the 800 some odd sq ft one. He said next biggest one is deck 13. 10,11,and 12 are 505 sq ft.

Deck 9 will have traffic from the Waterfront on Deck 8 close by and be right over the roof of the walkway of deck 8.

Edited by ibcnusoon