Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > River Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

River Cruising Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls

Old January 1st, 2013, 12:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question Paris/Normandy question

We are going to book a Viking river cruise to Paris/Normandy. What months are the best to book to have good weather ?

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am sure others will have been at other times, but I went on the first cruise of the season with Uniworld, and though chilly, it was gorgeous! Virtually no rain this year, and I continued to Provence after northern France.

Be careful if you want Giverny on the first cruise as it opens on April 1 (this year), so I just doubled back from Paris on a day trip independently. We were taken to Versailles as the option instead. I believe this only occurs on the first cruise of the season.

I loved my Uniworld France experience, though the cabin on the Seine section was compact and not decorated to my taste, this food was the best I've ever had on a River Cruise

Old January 1st, 2013, 08:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Why not join us for their Christmas cruise, . Weather may be iffy, but looking forward to the beauty of France at Christmas time.

Old January 1st, 2013, 03:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

We did the Seine with Uniworld in September (think we flew out on the 20th) and the weather was perfect. We needed a light sweater in the mornings - and it warmed up during the day.

Loved this cruise - and loved the experience with Uniworld.

Fran

Old January 7th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

I've been in the Paris/Normandy area in both May and November and never seen the sun. Paris is very chilly but always impressive. The Seine is a very atmospheric river.

Old January 7th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

We did this cruise with VRC in mid April 2010 after a week in Paris. Temps were in the 60's except at Normandy - low 50's. A few flowers were just starting to bloom at Giverny. I could imagine how beautiful it must be in full bloom.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were on this cruise October 2012. Weather ran from drizzle to rain to sunny, chilly to warmer where you didn't need a jacket, and we even encountered a thunderstorm with hail in Rouen! If you travel during the shoulder seasons (spring/fall) pack for layering, take small collapsible umbrellas, and be prepared for anything. That said, we had a great cruise!
Viking Freya 12/13 (Heart of Germany), Sapphire Princess 4/13 (Coastal), Ruby Princess 12/12 (CRB), Viking Pride (Paris/Normandy) 10/12, Star Princess 12/11 (S. America), Caribbean Princess 5/11 (CRB), Sapphire Princess 2/11 (MEX), Emerald Princess 12/10 (CRB), Viking Sky 11/10 (Danube), Golden Princes 5/10 (Coastal), Vision of the Seas 2/09 (CRB), Crown Princess 12/08 (CRB) ,Crown Princess 8/08 (Scandinavia and Russia), Golden Princess 3/08 (MEX), Island Princess 12/07 (PAN CANAL), Emerald Princess 5/07(MED) , Grand Princess 2/07 (W. CRB), Viking Surkov 8/06 (RUSSIA), Sapphire Princess 3/06 (MEX), Golden Princess 12/05 (S. CRB), Viking Century Star 5/05 (CHINA), Sea Voyager 12/04 (PAN CANAL), Splendour of the Seas 10/04 (MED), Golden Princess 3/04 (E. CRB), Polaris 5/03 (GALAPAGOS), Sovereign of the Seas 3/03 (BAHAMAS), Norwegian Sun 12/02 (W. CRB), Legend of the Seas 5/02 (ALASKA), Norway 12/01 (E. CRB), Miriam 5/01 (EGYPT), Sunbird 3/00 (S. CRB), Song of America 3/98(MEX)