Freedom Corner Aft Cabin 1700 ~ HELP ~

Ok I keep seeing lots of posts about aft cabins... and now I am second guessing myself...

I booked FOS aft 1700 while we were on the Allure and I did this cabin on the advice of the future sales agent... she had just worked on the Freedom and seemed to be very knowledgable of its layout...

Usually we love corner aft cabins... have had 2 others... 1 on VOTS and 1 on Carnival Legend... We love the extra walking, we love being just below the pool area and the food areas, and it makes it easy for DS to locate the room when he leaves and returns from Adventure Ocean activities/arcade.

The big plus about this cabin is the sq feet size she said... its about the size of a jr suite or a little larger BUT the little negative is that there is a pole in the middle of the room... she assured me that it was not a big deal... but now after reading posts from others about aft cabins in Freedom class ships I am worried that we are wasting $4k on our vacation. It is just three of us, me, DH and DS - 10 yr old

Plus, is the balcony view good or is it all beam? I cannot seem to find really good pics of this balcony online so I am hoping someone here on CC has first hand info or some good pics to share.

PLEASE ease my mind or convince me I need to change to a different room .... THANKS!!!

You will LOVE 1700. It's huge compared to a regular D1, and the pole is not at all a distraction. The major inconvenience is that it is in the way when you want to watch tv from bed. The really nice thing about it is when the sofa bed is out, there is still a lot of space to move around. Definitely keep it. The only real downside is that you won't be satisfied with a regular D1 anymore. :)

I have stayed in this room and it is nothing short of phenomenal. It is larger than most D1's, but the balcony is absolutely huge. Do a google search on Freedom or Liberty of the seas corner aft and click the image button and you will be amazed.

OMG! You're gonna love it! We had 1400 on FOS almost a year ago and it is all kinds of awesome - you don't even notice the pole after five minutes. The cabin and balcony are huuuuuge.

1400_ahh.jpg

We had cabin 1400 on the Freedom June of last year. That would be my video I posted on Youtube (and my son on the couch in the cabin..LOL)

We were very happy with the cabin. It's had tons of space. For the 3 of us, we never even ran into each other.

Enjoy...:p

I would LOVE to be in that cabin some day! :eek:

LOL! You were one of the first people to reply in my thread a year ago when I was freaking out about getting 1400 on FOS. Ah, good times :) You'll be in that cabin soon and I'll be one of the first to post in your freak out thread!

I have had that cabin three or four times on various ships.

It is the ONLY cabin we consider for three people in the balcony cabin category.

The cabin really IS spacious, and the pole is no problem.

Example:

Cabin1400-Davidandthepole_zps8e1339ab.jpg

Cabin1400-Davidthepole_zps052991fb.jpg

DSC02935_zpsc30e884d.jpg

The balcony is great. Practically another cabin's worth of space:

6Cabin1400balconylookingdown_zps6d548c6e.jpg

1Cabin1400balconyloungers2_zpsfde38616.jpg

2Cabin1400balconytwochairsandtable_zpsc9a3337d.jpg

What category are the aft cabins? I'm just starting to look at FOS and we're looking to take our 2 young adult kids. I know it will be crowded, but we'll be 4 in one cabin. Do any of the aft cabins hold 4? DH and I just had a week in an aft suite on the Westerdam with the balcony that wraps around the back corner. To die for!!! But I think our kids will enjoy the activities on the FOS more than the sedate HAL ships. We loved the aft and would love to book another cabin back there, but I'm getting confused on RI categories and trying to find a balcony with either 2 pullmans or a convertable sofa and a pullman. Any advice?

Sorry, just realized I posted this on the wrong thread. I meant to post it on the "horrid aft" thread, but feel free to comment :) I'll post it on that thread too

THANK YOU ALL!!! I think we will definitely keep it!! Looks good!! Happy sailing to all of you in 2013 and beyond!!

You're making the right decision - have a wonderful cruise! There's just something about watching the wake that many find very relaxing. And don't worry about any noise from the WJ above...you won't hear a peep. You'll also be serviced by one of the better cabin stewards on the ship since you're near the aft suites. Our guy on FOS was Winston and he was just awesome in every regard.

Can't wait to read your review :D

What category are the aft cabins? I'm just starting to look at FOS and we're looking to take our 2 young adult kids. I know it will be crowded, but we'll be 4 in one cabin. Do any of the aft cabins hold 4? DH and I just had a week in an aft suite on the Westerdam with the balcony that wraps around the back corner. To die for!!! But I think our kids will enjoy the activities on the FOS more than the sedate HAL ships. We loved the aft and would love to book another cabin back there, but I'm getting confused on RI categories and trying to find a balcony with either 2 pullmans or a convertable sofa and a pullman. Any advice?

Sorry, just realized I posted this on the wrong thread. I meant to post it on the "horrid aft" thread, but feel free to comment :) I'll post it on that thread too

It really depends on the ship - We have had 1700 and 1400 - the cabins in the discussion here with the pole - awesome cabins - the size of a junior suite - those cabins are D1. They are on the Freedom, Independence and Liberty. All of the aft cabins on all the ships have big balconies, but those are the only two that really seem to be a bigger cabin.

A RC rep could help you if you call them. Look on the deck charts - it tells you which cabins have pullmans - also watch your pricing - sometimes two cabins, e.g. a balcony and an inside for example could be the same price as four people in one balcony cabin (or not much difference) and you get two bathrooms. People will tell you not to do four in one cabin, it is tight, we did it when our kids were in college, but it is doable - we laugh about it now!

Good luck - enjoy your cruise.

It really depends on the ship - We have had 1700 and 1400 - the cabins in the discussion here with the pole - awesome cabins - the size of a junior suite - those cabins are D1. They are on the Freedom, Independence and Liberty.

Also on the 5 Voyager class ships as they as the Freedom class is basically a stretch version of the Voyager class. Room number on the Voyager class are 1388 & 1688. In the pictures above it appears the Freedom class may also have an additional column on the balcony which does not exist on the Voyager class. If so it is probably due to the extension of the WJ on the Freedom class.

We have the corner aft in a few weeks on Ind, with 4 of us in the room. Our kids are 12 and 9 though- I can't imagine four adults sharing that, even with the extra space...don't you think you'll want an additional bathroom? I'd book a corner aft and then an interior for the kids! Probably won't be much more expensive.

I have had that cabin three or four times on various ships.

It is the ONLY cabin we consider for three people in the balcony cabin category.

The cabin really IS spacious, and the pole is no problem.

Example:

Cabin1400-Davidandthepole_zps8e1339ab.jpg

We had 1400 on the Liberty, and the first thing I did was use disinfecting wipes on the pole! :D

Archived