Port of Miami cruise parking.com

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Florida Departures

Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:39 PM.
#1
usa
101 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Has anyone booked online for parking with them and parked in their lot? Can you tell me about your experiences with them. Good -Bad , would you use them again for cruise parking. We are driving down from central florida and are looking for a place to park for the 8 day we are on the Carnival Breeze.
Thanks for any input.
Bob & Raquel
#2
Central Florida
300 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
I have parked there several times with no issues but, there are others that say thier car was broken into with $3000 in damage. It is a no frills parking lot and that is what you get.
Here is the process.
You book the lot online and pay with paypal. You then print out the paper reciept. I dropeed my wife at the port and drove back to the lot. When I arrived I showed the lady there my paper and she pointed to a open spot against the back fence and asked me if that would work for me. I parked, grabbed my backpack and walked one block to Biscayne and waved down a cab which took me to the port for $7.00. From the time I dropped off my wife until I was back at the port probably took all of 15 minutes.
After the cruise we both got in line for the cabs, waited about 5 minutes and was dropped off at our car...cost $10. Our car was dusty from being outside for a week. We were on the road by 8:30 am.
Yes its a bad neighborhood, yes there is homeless people on the outside of the gate,there is a reason for this as The Homelss Colition feeds them on certain days on that street.
It would only be fair to say park at your own risk. Im a true beliver that your car is no more safer there than at Disney (ask the people that got their car broken into by the on duty sheriff a few months ago), a shopping mall, even parked in your driveway.
Its all what you are comfortable with. I will be parking there in April again. I have insurance and I can afford my deductible if my car was broken into.
On a side note... I have a 2012 red ford edge with fancy wheels



#3
usa
101 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by floridabum
I have parked there several times with no issues but, there are others that say thier car was broken into with $3000 in damage. It is a no frills parking lot and that is what you get.
Here is the process.
You book the lot online and pay with paypal. You then print out the paper reciept. I dropeed my wife at the port and drove back to the lot. When I arrived I showed the lady there my paper and she pointed to a open spot against the back fence and asked me if that would work for me. I parked, grabbed my backpack and walked one block to Biscayne and waved down a cab which took me to the port for $7.00. From the time I dropped off my wife until I was back at the port probably took all of 15 minutes.
After the cruise we both got in line for the cabs, waited about 5 minutes and was dropped off at our car...cost $10. Our car was dusty from being outside for a week. We were on the road by 8:30 am.
Yes its a bad neighborhood, yes there is homeless people on the outside of the gate,there is a reason for this as The Homelss Colition feeds them on certain days on that street.
It would only be fair to say park at your own risk. Im a true beliver that your car is no more safer there than at Disney (ask the people that got their car broken into by the on duty sheriff a few months ago), a shopping mall, even parked in your driveway.
Its all what you are comfortable with. I will be parking there in April again. I have insurance and I can afford my deductible if my car was broken into.
On a side note... I have a 2012 red ford edge with fancy wheels



Sounds good to me as I have a 2011 ford edge. I will make my online resevation for sept.
Thanks for the help Bob
#4
florida
764 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by bobnfl
Sounds good to me as I have a 2011 ford edge. I will make my online resevation for sept.
Thanks for the help Bob
We have used that lot also. It was $31 total for a week, cash, no reservation. There was a shuttle for $3 round trip per person, but I had already dropped everyone off, so just $3 for me. A better bet though is the garage @ 1415 NE 2nd Ave, $8/day, book ahead, if fills up. Don't know about their shuttle, some have said it is slow. call 800-435-3195 or email the owner direct [email protected], or you can book through Global, but Global took my credit card and gave me a reservation, but the garage was full when I arrived, so book direct with the owner.
#5
Florida
538 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Originally posted by neptuno
We have used that lot also. It was $31 total for a week, cash, no reservation. There was a shuttle for $3 round trip per person, but I had already dropped everyone off, so just $3 for me. A better bet though is the garage @ 1415 NE 2nd Ave, $8/day, book ahead, if fills up. Don't know about their shuttle, some have said it is slow. call 800-435-3195 or email the owner direct [email protected], or you can book through Global, but Global took my credit card and gave me a reservation, but the garage was full when I arrived, so book direct with the owner.
Thanks for the mention of the parking garage at 1415 N.E. 2nd Ave. I called and made a reservation on the phone--they will send confirmation via email. After speaking with the gentleman on the phone, I realized that we used this garage a couple of years ago. We were very pleased with the prompt service--and it is very close to the port and, best of all, it is covered (garage).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Charles and Mary Lou
#6
NC
37 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by nojoke
Thanks for the mention of the parking garage at 1415 N.E. 2nd Ave. I called and made a reservation on the phone--they will send confirmation via email. After speaking with the gentleman on the phone, I realized that we used this garage a couple of years ago. We were very pleased with the prompt service--and it is very close to the port and, best of all, it is covered (garage).
how far away is the parking garage from the port? We are sailing April 21st and we are like everyone else trying to figure out the cheapest way to park. I've heard about the hotels that will let you park your cars there but most of them are expensive for a 1 night stay. Plus we are driving from NC down and had planned to make it to around Daytona Beach and stay Saturday night and finish the drive Sunday morning. So any ideas would be appreciated as we are trying to keep the cost down since there are 3 of us. Thanks!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Mardi Gras - Sept 90
Royal Carribean Majesty of the Seas - Mar 05
Carnival Imagination - Mar 08
Royal Carribean Enchant of the Seas - Aug 09
Royal Carribean Enchant of the Seas - Oct 09
Royal Carribean Enchant of the Seas - Nov 09
Royal Carribean Grandeur of the Seas - Oct 10
Carnival Legend - July 12
Carnival Glory - April 13
Carnival Glory - Sept 14

#7
florida
764 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by slisa522
how far away is the parking garage from the port? We are sailing April 21st and we are like everyone else trying to figure out the cheapest way to park. I've heard about the hotels that will let you park your cars there but most of them are expensive for a 1 night stay. Plus we are driving from NC down and had planned to make it to around Daytona Beach and stay Saturday night and finish the drive Sunday morning. So any ideas would be appreciated as we are trying to keep the cost down since there are 3 of us. Thanks!!
The garage is only about a mile, $8/day, free shuttle. The least expensive is an open lot @ 150 NE 7th St, about a half mile. The shuttle there is $3 round trip. Drop off your family at the ship and go back to park, they only charge $31 for a week. It looks rough, but we had no problem, but if you have a fancy show car, use the garage, 800-435-3195.