Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old January 24th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by scottamiller, ibfern, 88notes, tawcat & jvgoecke!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Vision of the Seas Wonderful Vision! by scottamiller
To start, a little background on me and and my journey in planning this cruise. I'm 40 years old and this was my 33rd cruise. Prior to this sailing I have logged 238 days at sea on cruise lines that run the gamut from Carnival to Regent Seven Seas and everything in between. This was my 6th RCCL sailing, but I qualify for their Diamond level in the Crown and Anchor Society due to my Elite Captains Club status with sister line Celebrity Cruises. I originally booked this cruise to sail as a solo traveler back-to-back with the 12/3/12 11 night cruise. I was really looking forward to this as the only island that would repeat in the 21 days would be Antigua, which is one of my favorites. I liked both itineraries immensely and really appreciated the fact that neither sailing stopped in St. Thomas. I specifically chose the Vision for a variety of reasons, one of which was that as a solo traveler I wanted to enjoy a more traditional cruise with a variety of table mates at dinner. The Visions lack of alternative dining seemed to lend itself more naturally to that goal. I also wanted to travel on at least one vessel in this class of ship that was virtually in her original floor plan and decor. The only major furnishings change to the ship since her launch in 1998 were in the windjammer, atrium and the solarium along with stateroom balconies. Continue reading... Wonderful Vision!

Star Princess San Francisco to Buenos Aires: a dream must do cruise by ibfern
Star Princess San Francisco to Buenos Aires 12/05/12 We were able to get on the ship fairly early, we arrived at 11:15 and made it onto the ship by noon. Muster was early, at 3:20, and we had daylight as we sailed away under the Golden Gate Bridge! This ship was filled with some nice folks and good energy, I expected the cruise would be fantastic. Embarkation was easy and quick. We found our friends in line before we got on the ship. We had a strange lunch, the dining room was open but there were only 2 choices on the menu--fish and beef. We asked for extra veggies and a salad, which was not on the menu. The staff was very nice and friendly. Our captain was Edward Perrin, JJ Ullrich was our Cruise director, and Rui Pereira was the Maitre 'd. We met Rui the day we embarked and he was generous with our cruise critic group helping us plan several luncheons for this and the next cruise. He also helped us get an assigned table with our friends Gloria and Lew. Continue reading... San Francisco to Buenos Aires: a dream must do cruise

Riviera Riviera 2012-2013 Island Holiday Cruise by 88notes
We got pretty lucky in getting this cruise as we had original booked a shorter Eastern Caribbean Cruise (10 days) and we were offered this cruise due to overbooking on the other. Not only did we get 4 extra days but the cruise occurred during the holiday season which made taking off work much less impactful. Of course, I still had lots of work to catch up to when I got back, but not as much as if I had taken a shorter cruise in January. This is our third time on Oceania. The previous two cruises were on the Marina. On our second cruise we noted an improvement in the food over the first and in this third cruise we noticed additional improvements, most particularly a little more adventurousness in Oceania's approach to spicing and more consistency in having high quality food in all venues: specialty restaurants, main dining room and the Terrace (buffet.) Continue reading... Riviera 2012-2013 Island Holiday Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette A Silhouette Vacation by tawcat
We recently sailed the Celebrity Silhouette from January 6 - 13, 2013. This review will be sort of mixed, I'll address the hotel and restaurant we ate at in Ft Lauderdale as well. We arrived Ft Lauderdale the evening before sailing. Our group consisted of three couples in all. Two couples from Arkansas and one couple from Ohio. We stayed at the Hampton Inn, North Cruise Port, Ft Lauderdale. The staff at the Hampton were fantastic, Diane, Sarah, and Alejandra were absolutely wonderful. The shuttle staff was equally as great. The Hampton provided free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port. Yes I know that service seems to be expected. They went the extra mile. That evening when deciding where to eat we were told the shuttle would take us to the restaurant and pick us back up between runs to the airport, no charge! Service with smile and very prompt. Continue reading... A Silhouette Vacation

Norwegian Epic NCL Epic - January 2013 by jvgoecke
Just returned from a week long Caribbean cruise aboard the NCL EPIC. As a 153,000 ton Mega-ship, this is one huge vessel. My husband and I have both cruised several times and were a little uncertain of getting on a ship with 4,200 other passengers but also excited about the amount of entertainment and restaurant options. With our 5 --year-old son and Paul's parents in-tow, we headed to Miami. Embarkation -- We arrived around noon with hopes of hoping on the ship quickly. Our luggage was handled very quickly and easily. Checking-in was also a quick, painless process. After being sent upstairs to the "holding area", you were assigned a group card. They called the groups quite quickly even though we were a bit irritated at being Group 9 which seemed like it would be quite a wait. Within 15 minutes we were on board. Without key cards in hand, we were in our rooms within minutes. Continue reading... NCL Epic - January 2013

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; January 24th, 2013 at 04:48 PM.