Included Wine and Spirits

tabber

Does anyone know where we would be able to view a full list of included wine and spirits available on the PG? I found the reserve list on the PG website, but not what is included at no additional charge. Or does what's available change too often to print? Thank you.

Yeah, but not as a deal breaker. Just asking if the regular wine list is posted somewhere. We are already looking forward to having a toast with the rest of our travelers and would like to read up on some of the available wines, if possible. Some people like to do that kind of thing, me included. I found food menus posted on the PG website and on the CC board, but only a reserve wine list.

At home I drink nice single malt Scotch and single pot Irish Whiskey I know up front my brands are not carried so I usually drink stuff I never drink at home. This means martinis!

I found the wines were actually pretty good on board.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the brands of alcohol or wines that were included. We don't usually drink spirits straight or on ice, but rather mixed into cocktails...so I never paid attention to what brands the bartenders were using.

As for wines, they typically offer you their featured white or red of the day at dinner rather than presenting you with a wine list to choose from (in fact, I don't recall ever seeing a wine list onboard - perhaps because it varies?); but you can ask for a different type of wine if you prefer. The wine stewards in the dining room will be happy to help you find something you'll like.

For example, I'm not a fan of chardonnays or other oaked whites; I generally prefer Rieslings. They do have a nice Riesling -- I believe it was from the Mosel region -- as well as a good New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. And for desert, they have a lovely moscato. I don't think they have a selection of each style of wine/grape varietal that you can choose from, but they do seem to procure each type of wine from the region that is best known for it.

Hope this feedback helps; sorry I can't be more specific re. brands...

This emdee's DD. I heard from my mom and grey goose, absolut, stol vodka is onboard and included. If you refer to her website miriamdcunha.smugmug.com and check out tere moana pics we have their liqour list onboard. The tere moana list is a shorter list of pg liquor list.

The wines are subjective but onboard the pg the staff will try to find you something you will like. In the past yhe bottle would even follow us restaurant to restaurant.

Ps while Emdee doesn't mind about the selections, I do since enjoy my cocktails and wine while on vacation.

If some don't go because of the alcohol offered that just leaves more room for people that don't make a big deal out of it :D

As far as the wine I found Elmo to be very accomodating and will go out of his way to try and find something you like even if it means opening up a few extra bottles for the table to sample.

Beer selection is actually very good.

We agree,been on SB numerous times.The wine,liquor,etc was fine with us.Numerous issues people though wine was below par.We do not know enough about wine but like enough to get through.

We have booked the 11 day in Aug,Our 40th wedding anniversary.Thank you for all of your knowledge.if in the future you can give us an onboard credit we would really appreciate it.Also any side trips worth taking.What is the Bora Bora beach day? should we bother with a side trip that day.We both love the beach and would be happy to spend the day relaxing.:)

Capri73- This is Emdee's DD. In Bora Bora I have personally gone the land and sea, helicopter, aquasafari, intro dives and visited Bloody Mary during the times I went with my parents. I loved the helicopter and land and sea excusion the best.

The helicopter gave beautiful views of the whole island, however they require a min. of 4 people.

The land and sea- I loved the views from the top and enjoyed the snorkel too.

The Bora bora beach day- is not a beach day like Motu Mahana. It does not have food or facilities but has rum punch, soda and chips. It is a beautiful beach with a wonderful view and one of my favourite places to visit.

I suggest you take a tour with either PG or outside vendor and on the other day visit the bora bora motu.

So far in PG I have found wines that appealed to me and the bartenders are the best in the world- Efren, Elmo, Randy, Ray, Ernesto, Johnathan. Each of them have their strengths and will try to make you anything you want.

Thank you,so sad that liquor has taken place in this but it has.Not crucial but definitly enjoyable.

Thanks for all advice.If anyone knows about referalls would be greatly appreciated.Seaboun did a $250.00 which could be used for anything.Do you know if the laundry package is worth the price?I normally use the self on SB&SS.I have to imagine all clothes worn during the hot day need to be washed.:)

Why the referral program was dismantled was because of the abuse of the program. Keep in mind why is was done in the first place.

"Ambassador Referral was a program which encouraged guests who have sailed on Paul Gauguin Cruises to invite family and friends to travel with Paul Gauguin Cruises"

That's straight from PG Cruises. I think we all know what thay mean by that quote. I understand why they discontinued the program in it's prior form.

Enough said

We hardly drink much. However, when away, on a tropical island, might want a Pina Colada or such. Would i be able to get this while on the PG cruise? thanks,

Yes - it's open bar aboard the ship and on Motu Mahana. Only select high-end brands cost extra; but apart from those, everything is included. They have lists of featured cocktails in La Palette and on Motu Mahana, but you can also just tell the bartenders what kind of drinks you like and they'll make something for you. Jonathan did a yummy cocktail for me that he called Nuts & Berries, and Elmo always made excellent (and very colorful) frozen cocktails.

We agree,been on SB numerous times.The wine,liquor,etc was fine with us.Numerous issues people though wine was below par.We do not know enough about wine but like enough to get through.

We have booked the 11 day in Aug,Our 40th wedding anniversary.Thank you for all of your knowledge.if in the future you can give us an onboard credit we would really appreciate it.Also any side trips worth taking.What is the Bora Bora beach day? should we bother with a side trip that day.We both love the beach and would be happy to spend the day relaxing.:)

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the onboard credits, and I heard the referral program is currently being restructured - perhaps others can address that?

As for the Bora Bora beach day - the ship will have two different tenders running while you're at Bora Bora. One goes to the main island, where you can embark on excursions or go shopping. The other tender goes to the PG's private beach on a motu. As Emdee's daughter explained, the beach doesn't have all the amenities offered on Motu Mahana (there are no restrooms or lounge chairs, and very limited drinks/snacks), but it's a gorgeous, white-sand beach with some good snorkeling. We did a land-based excursion in the morning (Bora Bora by Le Truck), grabbed a quick lunch on the ship, then headed over to the motu for a few hours between lunch and dinner. I don't think you need to plan a whole day of it (and considering the lack of facilities, you may not want to) - but it's nice to visit for a few hours.

Archived