Hi there! Why haven't you registered yet?? You are missing out on our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY! Register Now!
Taking E. Med cruise on Magica from Rome in End of March.
1) My cruise starts at 7PM. What is the safe time to depart from Rome. I will be taking a train which will take 1:30 hours to get there. My hotel is 8 minute walking distance from the Terminal.
2) Is water drinkable on this ship?
3) Do they allow alcohol? Carnival officially allowed a bottle of wine per person.
4) Do people buy alcohol on the excursion ports?
5) Are there self serve washing machines on the ship?
5) Are there any shuttle service from Train station to Civitvecchia port itself?
First of all remember your cruise leaves from Civitavecchia, not Rome. The distance between the two cities is considerable and takes about an hour or more either by car or train.
1) Your ship SAILS at 7 pm. Boarding will begin probably around 2 or 3 so I'd plan on leaving Rome around 12 or 1 pm.
2) The tap water on the ship is drinkable.
3) Officially you can't bring on board alcohol or any drinks including water. One bottle well packed in your checked luggage will probably go through okay.
4) Certainly people buy it and drink it ashore. But everything you bring back on board will go through the xray machine and they can confiscate prohibited items.
5) No self service laundries on Costa ships. The laundry service is however quite good and in line with hotel laundry prices.
6) Best to take a taxi from the Civitavecchia train station directly to the ship. Should cost around €15. If you're really travelling light you can walk it to the port entrance where there are free shuttle buses going to the ship. Hauling heavy luggage down and up through the underpass at the train station is a real pain though.
11/2014 - Costa neoRomantica - Ancient Mediterranean (11) (Italy/Greece/Turkey/Malta)
2/2015 - MSC Orchestra - Emirates/Oman (7)
6/2014 - MSC Magnifica - Norwegian Fiords/North Cape (11) Germany/Norway/Holland)
3/2014 - MSC Sinfonia - Capetown-Civitavecchia (19) (S. Africa/Namibia/Senegal/Canary Is./Morocco/Corsica/Italy)
9/2013 - Costa Pacifica - Aegean Costa Club Cruise (13) (Italy/Greece/Turkey)
2/2013 - Costa Magica - East Med (12) (Italy/Greece/Israel/Turkey)
9/2012 - Costa Luminosa - Magic Europa (10) (Denmark/Germany/UK/France/Spain/Portugal/Italy) B2B:
9/2012 - Costa Luminosa - Verde Lime (5) (Italy/Spain/France)
6/2012 - MSC Magnifica - North Cape-Svalbard (15) (Germany/Denmark/Norway)
1/2012 - MSC Fantasia - West Med/Atlantic (11) (Italy/Spain/Madeira/Canary Is./Morocco)
10/2011 - Costa Atlantica - East Med (10) (Italy/Egypt/Cyprus/Turkey/Greece)
9/2011 - Costa Atlantica - Central Med & Black Sea (13) (Italy/Greece/Turkey/Ukraine/Romania)
5/2011 - MSC Melody - West Med/Atlantic (11) (Italy/Spain/Portugal/Morocco/France)
4/2011 - MSC Melody - East Med (11) (Italy/Greece/Cyprus/Lebanon)
2/2011 - Costa Romantica - Indian Ocean (14) (Mauritius/Seychelles/Madagascar/Reunion)
10/2010 - Costa Mediterranea - East-Central Med (11) (Greece/Cyprus/Egypt/Malta/Libya)
6/2010 - MSC Poesia - North Europe (14) (Germany/Norway/Iceland/Faroe & Shetland Is.)
3/2010 - Costa Marina - Atlantic Islands (14) (Spain/Morocco/Canary Is./Madeira/France)
1/2010 - MSC Splendida - East Med (11) (Italy/Greece/Israel/Egypt/Tunisia)
8/2009 - Costa Serena - East Med (7) (Greece/Turkey/Croatia/Italy)
4/2009 - Costa Concordia - East Med (11) (Greece/Turkey/Cyprus/Egypt/Italy)
1/2009 - Oberoi Philae - Nile River Cruise Luxor-Aswan (7)
12/2007 - Costa Europa - Savona-Dubai Repositioning (18) (Egypt/Suez/Jordan/Yemen/Oman)
5/2007 - MSC Opera - Norwegian Fiords (7) (Germany/Norway/Denmark)
6/1994 - MSC Monterey - East Med (12) (Egypt/Israel/Turkey/Greece/Italy)
We had a nice relaxing cruise. Food was adequate. Buffet lines were not to bad.
We were living close to Termini station. We rolled our luggage to the station and bought first class ticket for Civitvachia. About an hour ride from Rome. From the station it was about 10 minute walk to the port and than their shuttle picked us up. Cost of the taxi was about 140 Euro. Ours was 15 euro. With all the food we were about to consume, needed to walk a bit. The train at Termini Station departs from platform 24,25, or 26.
Thanks for your help. Things looked kind of confusing but it all worked out.