Liquor on the Magica

nellie21

Costa policy is that no wine or beer is allowed to be taken on board - this is where they make their money remember! I suppose you could try taking it on, the worst that could happen is that they will hold it until your departure. I found the wine package good value.

We are thinking of a Costa Baltic cruise for 2006. I was reading on their website they allow no alcohol to be brought on board.

Jo42 are Costa's wine packages listed somewhere and/or can you give me a few details from your experience?

Thanks, Diana

If you go on to their website :

www.costacruises.co.uk

or

www.costacruise.com

If you then register your name, DOB etc you can then log on to the area where you can pre book wine, soft drinks and other items and also excursions. You will be able to add or delete items right up until about a week before travel. You will then be sent an email confirming your choices which will then be charged to your on board account - you pay at the end of your cruise. The wine package included 5 bottles of wine, 1 sparkling, and 10 bottles of mineral water. We used them each night at dinner but you could use them anywhere on board.

The wine package (vouchers) were delivered to the resturaunt on the first night, my champagne was delivered just before sail away, on ice and accompanied by the card with my choice of words etc - very nice!!

Jo42, I registered but it looks as though in order to see the wine package I need a booking number. We haven't booked the cruise yet.

Do you know if there is a way to see the wine package information without a booking number?

Thanks for all your help.

Info from the UK site - prices are in sterling. We had the special collection and all wines were nice.

Package details

Wine package "Classic Selection" £65.40

5 bottles of the most famous Italian wines of your choosing from the following list + 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 10 bottles of mineral water for free and a discount of at least 10% on the purchase price of the wine:

1 Soave Classico doc 'Masi'

1 Vernaccia San Giminiano doc 'Rocca delle Macie'

1 Dolcetto d'Alba doc 'Beni di Batasiolo'

1 Cabernet Sauvignon doc Borgo Tesis 'Fantinel'

1 Rosso di Franciacorta doc 'Ricci Cubastro'

10 bottles of mineral water

1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc 'Conti Bernardi'

Package details

Wine package "Special Selection" £71.40

5 bottles of superior quality Italian wine of your choosing from the following list + 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 10 bottles of mineral water for free and a discount of at least 10% on the purchase price of the wine.

1 Pinot Grigio doc Collio 'Fantinel'

1 Gavi di Gavi doc 'La Scolca'

1 Cabernet Sauvignon Morago 'Pasqua'

1 Chianti Classico doc 'Rocca delle Macie'

1 Possesioni Rosso Serego Alighieri 'Masi'

10 bottles of mineral water

1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc 'Conti Bernardi'

MINERAL WATER Package

13 bottles mineral water at 20 % off.

£14.3501234 £26.90Boys & Girls Card

20 alcohol free drinks form the followign selection: Soft drinks, Virgin Delights, Fresh squeezed citrus fruits, Iced Tea, Milk shakes, Assorted Syrups.

• 6 months later...

You can use your water (& wine) vouchers at any bar, so can get water from the bar & take it to your cabin. If you don't finish your wine at your meal you can either get the waiters to store it for you til the next meal, or take oit to your cabin

b

Well... we took some of our own booze on board... just don't use the original bottle(s).

If you want to bring vodka or gin, use some regular water bottles and fill them up... if you want to bring Crown Royal, whiskey or dark rum, Snapple Ice Tea bottles work just fine... nobody will check if you really have water in your water bottle...

Just a little hint... depending on how much you are used to drink, that might be a good alternative. ;-)

Andy

Well... we took some of our own booze on board... just don't use the original bottle(s).

If you want to bring vodka or gin, use some regular water bottles and fill them up... if you want to bring Crown Royal, whiskey or dark rum, Snapple Ice Tea bottles work just fine... nobody will check if you really have water in your water bottle...

Just a little hint... depending on how much you are used to drink, that might be a good alternative. ;-)

Andy

Did they check your bag/look inside?

On Royal, had booze in the bag, water bottles and a 1/2 case of wine.

Thought I'd need to declare what I was bringing on, at each checkpoint we went through nothing, then sent each bag and box of WINE through a scanner

and next thing I knew I was on the ship with all of it............into my cabin with our steward helping us, sees the wine, he went and got a corkscrew and wine glasses for,us.

Policy says no, and they can take it and hold it, but if you're smart about it, I think they don't really care.

Nice tip andy, big thing is the wash which is what I had problems with.

Only coke products through the soda card!!!!! And each soda didn't have alot, maybe a drink or 2 worth.

I had two Snaple bottles, which I refilled with Crown Royal in my carry on luggage. The backpack went through the normal scanner and they even looked inside of it... no complaints. My wife had the "clear" liquor in her bag... Aquafina bottles filled with Grey Goose... no complaints there either...

;-) I can't complain...

Andy

Archived