Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks for support & suggestions

There was a lengthy voicemail from our TA when I came home from work outlining what had caused the cancellation (charter) and the conditions for rebooking to receive an OBC. 3/12/13 is the last date to make plans.

I will be emailing captains club and Mr. Bayley and plead for an extension of this ridiculously short time frame considering that we will unlikely be able to cruise again until after 4/14, considering our Adriatic cruise this October as well as other travel plans/work considerations. One of the gripes that is shared by members of our roll call is that this notice came 10 days too late to take advantage of the 1-2-3!

I do like the idea of booking and transferring if all else fails. One would think that it would be less of a hassle for Celebrity and its TAs to just extend the rebooking deadline- say 75 days which compares to when final payment is expected for this length of cruise....

President #7-Yangtze River-5/14
Celebrity Millennium-Hong Kong to Shanghai-4/14
Celebrity Silhouette-Adriatic-10/13
Celebrity Constellation-Key West & Cozumel-1/13
Celebrity Silhouette-Italy, Greece & Turkey-6/12
Celebrity Equinox-Central America-12/11
Celebrity Eclipse-Baltics-6/10
Norwegian Pearl-Alaska-8/08
William Clay Ford-Great Lakes-8/86

Last edited by TMLAalum; February 28th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Old February 28th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Did anybody noticed the headline and sub-headlines of Celebrity's announcement today?
''CELEBRITY'S WORLD TOUR 2014-15 ''
'' 7 STUNNING CONTINENTS''

'' 1 1 BREATHTAKING SHIPS''

With all the discussions around potential disposal or re-deployment of CENTURY, the '' she's off the fleet by spring 2014'' option is now off the table.
The itineraries schedule runs into late spring 2015.
11 ships include Century.
So, the ''extensive massive refurb drydock yard visit in Freeport in ~~ 1 year'' option just took on a lot of credibility.....
IMO
Past waves & great memories: Island Princess ( x2), Dawn Princess, Regal Princess, Coral princess, X Summit ( 2 ), X Mercury ( x2 ) , X Century ( X 3 ), X Infinity, X Millenium ( x 3 ). NCL Star.HAL's Oosterdam, RCCL Mariner of the Seas. X Constellation .X Solstice
next up:: will NOT be on Celebrity !
Claude G.

Old February 28th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebrity_fan View Post
Millennium is chartered for the Transpacific cruise...
Just my opinion....but; which organisation in its right state of mind and financial health would charter a ship of Millie's size for 3 weeks embarking in Japan and disembarking in Seward, Alaska ?? That is the TransPacific repo routing after all. The continuing voyage, Seward-Vancouver is merely her initial Alaska season 7 days sailing...( and yes...there would be a fair amount of ''B2B'' guests continuing on that one.....)
I find it hard to wrap my mind around such a ''possibility''....
I suggest this is quite improbable.

IMO....
Past waves & great memories: Island Princess ( x2), Dawn Princess, Regal Princess, Coral princess, X Summit ( 2 ), X Mercury ( x2 ) , X Century ( X 3 ), X Infinity, X Millenium ( x 3 ). NCL Star.HAL's Oosterdam, RCCL Mariner of the Seas. X Constellation .X Solstice
Claude G.

Old February 28th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-legs View Post
Did anybody noticed the headline and sub-headlines of Celebrity's announcement today?
''CELEBRITY'S WORLD TOUR 2014-15 ''
'' 7 STUNNING CONTINENTS''

'' 1 1 BREATHTAKING SHIPS''

With all the discussions around potential disposal or re-deployment of CENTURY, the '' she's off the fleet by spring 2014'' option is now off the table.
The itineraries schedule runs into late spring 2015.
11 ships include Century.
So, the ''extensive massive refurb drydock yard visit in Freeport in ~~ 1 year'' option just took on a lot of credibility.....
IMO
Hi Claude,

How are you ? I hope all is well.

Yup - that definitely caught my attention as well. Being that you've brought it up... I totally agree that the drydock scenario remains alive & well - more now than ever. I remain confident that Century will remain with Celebrity, at least through the 2014/2015 season and....

.... If the long rumored drydock becomes reality ? She should be around a heck of a lot longer ! <keeping fingers crossed>

Old March 1st, 2013, 12:24 AM
5,000+ Club

Location: On a Cruise or at home in the NC mountains wishing I was on a cruise

Quote:
Just my opinion....but; which organisation in its right state of mind and financial health would charter a ship of Millie's size for 3 weeks embarking in Japan and disembarking in Seward, Alaska ?? That is the TransPacific repo routing after all. The continuing voyage, Seward-Vancouver is merely her initial Alaska season 7 days sailing...( and yes...there would be a fair amount of ''B2B'' guests continuing on that one.....)
I find it hard to wrap my mind around such a ''possibility''....
I suggest this is quite improbable.

IMO....
This is what I got from my TA:
Please be advised that the April 26, 2014 sailing of Celebrity Millennium has been chartered. As a result of this charter all guests who are currently booked on this sailing will need to be moved/cancelled. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailing.
Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Millennium 4/26/14 17-Night Transpacific Cruise (BAO/YVR):
Re-book on any Celebrity sailing, in like accommodations, at prevailing rates.
Receive $300 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $500 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Celebrity sailing

You have until March 12th to change the sailing to receive this offer or they will cancel the booking and refund your money.
My guess is that whoever chartered the ship made Celebrity very happy as I am sure they are making a LOT more money off of it in spite of the OBC they are giving those who were bumped (and not everyone will take it so they are out nothing with those folks).

If you want to go with some other theory (maybe they decided not to take it to Vancouver for Alaska sailings), that could start a whole new round of speculation.

Click here to e-mail me

Reflection - 10/06/14 Eastern Med/Istanbul .. Website .. Deck Plans .. B2B.. 10/17/14 WB TA .. Website .. Deck Plans

Century (last 2 cruises under the Celebrity name) - 03/22/15 Singapore-Dubai .. Website
B2B .. 04/05/15 Dubai-Rome .. Website ... Post-Cruise Transfers
We have cancelled these cruises but websites will stay up for a short time

Quest - 03/21/15 Singapore-Dubai .. B2B .. 04/06/15 Dubai-Istanbul .. List/Gallery

Oceania Insignia - 07/24/15 Montreal-Southampton ... Website

Brilliance OTS - 10/18/15 Canada/NE .. B2B .. 10/25/15 Boston-Tampa
.. Website

Millennium - 03/13/16 Singapore-Sydney ... Website ... B2B ... 03/29/16 Sydney-Honolulu ... Website ... B2B ... 04/15/16 Honolulu-Vancouver ... Website

Quest- 08/11/16 Amsterdam-Fjords/North Cape .. B2B.. 08/26/16 Amsterdam-Southampton .. B2B.. 09/09/16 WB TA ..

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:15 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLAalum View Post
None of those destinations are of interest to me. Right now, I'm feeling quite "dissed"....
Agreed! Never really understood why young people today feel the slight of being "dissed" so much but, having had a reservation on this cruise since April last year and still not received anything from Celebrity about the cancellation, I now fully understand how oftened they feel. I am feeling well and truly "dissed". Celebrity's timing of the cancellation appears cynically calculated.

Sue

2014 [November] Eclipse - Broadway and Beaches Transatlantic
2015 [April] Millennium - Transpacific Shanghai to Vancouver
2016 [January] - Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean
Past
2013 [November] Constellation - Westbound Transatlantic, [December] Constellation - Western Caribbean B2B
2012 [December] Eclipse - Southern Caribbean
2011 [February] Quest - Southeast Asia, [December] Infinity - Canal & South America
2010 [November] Constellation - Transatlantic
2009 [April] Azamara Quest - Singapore to Athens, [November] Infinity - Panama Canal
2008 [August] Norwegian Sun - Alaska
2007 [November] Millennium - Transatlantic
2006 [June] Constellation - Baltic

Last edited by Project_gal; March 1st, 2013 at 01:16 AM.

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:21 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Any reason given for the cancellation....
Ship has been charters. Other rumours abound on the Roll Call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob278 View Post
Just rebook any other cruise for now, but be sure you keep the original booking number. That will hold the OBC they offered. Then, when you find what you want, change that same booking number to the actual cruise you want.
Does not work for those of us from the UK where deposits are non-refundable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroslyn View Post
Go up the chain... And ultimately if you don't get satisfation write a letter to Blayley......
The time scales offered are far too short to allow time to go up the chain. I think that Mr Bayley has received quite a few emails on the subject already!

Sue

PS Apologies, I realise that we have hi-jacked this thread but feelings are rather high at the moment.

Past
2013 [November] Constellation - Westbound Transatlantic, [December] Constellation - Western Caribbean B2B
2011 [February] Quest - Southeast Asia, [December] Infinity - Canal & South America
2009 [April] Azamara Quest - Singapore to Athens, [November] Infinity - Panama Canal

Last edited by Project_gal; March 1st, 2013 at 01:27 AM.

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Andy View Post
Hi Claude,

How are you ? I hope all is well.

Yup - that definitely caught my attention as well. Being that you've brought it up... I totally agree that the drydock scenario remains alive & well - more now than ever. I remain confident that Century will remain with Celebrity, at least through the 2014/2015 season and....

.... If the long rumored drydock becomes reality ? She should be around a heck of a lot longer ! <keeping fingers crossed>
Hi, Andy,
I'm fine, thanks for asking.
At his stage, Celebrity was facing two...and only two options, given that CENTURY is long past her last visit in a shipyard for preventive maintenance (never mind ''refurb'', refresh, etc...) 1/ prep her up for sale off the fleet ( as the previous possibility of a transfer to CDF was pulled off the table when RCL decided to take Horizon away from Pullmantour to CDF ) or
2/ Keep her around for a 4-5 years life span with nothing short of a total
refurbishment, remodernisation, simili-solsticization,upgrade, etc.etc.....

Obviously #2 appears to be the winner, thus the 40 ++ days time window
having her at GBSY in Freeport.

I suggest we'll enjoy her around for a good while yet.

The Alaska 2014 deployment will be revealing in more ways than one.....I suggest some surprises are in store as to which ship covers what sailing...it's not necessarily 100% guarantee that Millie will do the NB/SB and Century will do the 7 day RT Vancouver...we may see replacements and new deployments in previously unsuspected markets....It'll be fun to watch for it.

Cheers
Claude
Claude G.

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob278 View Post
This is what I got from my TA:
Please be advised that the April 26, 2014 sailing of Celebrity Millennium has been chartered. As a result of this charter all guests who are currently booked on this sailing will need to be moved/cancelled. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailing.
Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Millennium 4/26/14 17-Night Transpacific Cruise (BAO/YVR):
Re-book on any Celebrity sailing, in like accommodations, at prevailing rates.
Receive $300 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $500 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Celebrity sailing

You have until March 12th to change the sailing to receive this offer or they will cancel the booking and refund your money.
My guess is that whoever chartered the ship made Celebrity very happy as I am sure they are making a LOT more money off of it in spite of the OBC they are giving those who were bumped (and not everyone will take it so they are out nothing with those folks).

If you want to go with some other theory (maybe they decided not to take it to Vancouver for Alaska sailings), that could start a whole new round of speculation.
Hi,Bob
Thanks for the info. It is surprising that they describe the TransPacific as
BAO-YVR ....And yes, whoever charterd the whole thing must have made Celebrity very happy....
Your closing paragraph opinions might be closer to the truth than we all think. I've been ''wondering'' about that possibility myself. The Asia/Aussie/NewZealand market has been good, and everybody else is homeporting a ship in Asia year round ( the latest one;Diamond Princess).
Is Celebrity toying around with ''expansion'' ? They do have 11 ships now after all....and Europe will see less ships in 2014, for sure...
IMO
Cheers
Claude
Claude G.

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:42 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Hi,Bob
BAO-YVR ....
The 2014 TP was due to end in Vancouver. The 2013 crusie ends in Seward.

Sue

Past

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

There are Reflection and Eclipse cruises that you can book for April 2014 out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale as I am looking to book a cruise around that time and getting a bit frustrated as I want to know the Europe schedule to compare and yep when it comes out, we'll be on a cruise!

SAILED!

Azamara Quest - Azamara Club Cruises - Honeymoon cruise to the Greek Islands and Turkey - June 2014
7 nights (Balcony)
REVIEW! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2063572

Norwegian Jade - NCL - Eastern Med from Rome - March 2013 - 10 nights (Balcony) REVIEW! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...hlight=kikki21

Norwegian Epic - NCL - Hurricane Earl West/East
Caribbean special from Miami - August 2010 - 7 nights (Balcony)

Splendour of the Seas - RCCL - Eastern Med from Venice - October 2009 - 7 nights (Outside)

Celebrity Galaxy - Celebrity - Eastern Med from Rome - October 2008 - 10 nights (Concierge Class Balcony)

Majesty of the Seas - RCCL - Bahamas from Miami - Nov 2007 - 4 nights (Outside)

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi,Bob
BAO-YVR ....And yes, whoever charterd the whole thing must have made Celebrity very happy....
I'm sure they're thrilled. This year's TransPacific is only less than 60 days away and doesn't look to be selling so well. They're slashing prices as the date approaches and there are still plenty of cabins available. We're booked on this sailing and have had our price drop multiple times.

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Here's hoping that the Caribbean itineraries include summer sailings.

Now that Royal Caribbean is offering the Classic and Premium drink package, if Celebrity doesn't cruise the Caribbean in the summer of 2014, I guess we'll be checking out the Oasis or Allure of the Seas next summer.

Caribbean sailings are announced on my birthday, though, so maybe it's a sign!

Old March 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

I highly doubt that we will see any Caribbean sailings in summer. They tried it 2010 and it was a little disaster-financialwise. Cabins were a real bargain during this period.

Even with all promotions which are going on, average fares in Europe, Alaska, Bermuda and New England are much higher compared to the Caribbean in summer.

However, it would be nice to see at least a M-Class Ship doing the Caribbean.

At least, they could start the Caribbean Season earlier than by end of November/December.

Last edited by SoBe2010; March 1st, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk99 View Post
I receieved a copy of the projected opening dates for bookings for 2014-2015. Hopefully it will be helpful in planning your next Celebrity Cruise.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celeb...ment_flyer.pdf
You seem to have an insider link. Any idea if/when there will be specials (123 etc) for 2014?
Carole

Old March 1st, 2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleLee View Post
You seem to have an insider link. Any idea if/when there will be specials (123 etc) for 2014?
Carole
Hi Carole Lee,

Yes - There is a Captains Club deployment offer, and I've posted it on this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1798880

I hope this helps !

Old March 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keels81 View Post
Here's hoping that the Caribbean itineraries include summer sailings.

Now that Royal Caribbean is offering the Classic and Premium drink package, if Celebrity doesn't cruise the Caribbean in the summer of 2014, I guess we'll be checking out the Oasis or Allure of the Seas next summer.

Caribbean sailings are announced on my birthday, though, so maybe it's a sign!
Hi Keels,

I'd love to see it as much as anyone, but I do not believe this will be the year. While I strongly feel that Summer Caribbean can work (especially if Celebrity were creative with the itineraraies), I believe the bigger issue is that Oasis & Allure homeport in Ft Lauderdale. Thats a lot of cabins to fill, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a corportate decision for Celebrity NOT to compete with them.

IMO, Celebrity can offer a Summer Caribbean product from South Florida, that would not compete directly with Oasis & Allure. Why not think outside the box, and have 1 ship sailing several different itineraries, varying from 4-10 nights. Berthing shouldnt be an issue, as the port is relatively quiet. Why not throw in a few 7 day Bermuda sailings from Port Everglades ? I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat !

On another note, I feel that 3 ships in Alaska is one too many. If Celebrity feels that Europe will perform well ? I respect their decision, but I'm not at all confident on the likelihood of sending 6 ships to Europe, *and* it being highly successful. Perhaps it will work - time will tell. Nothing says it has to be a Solstice Class ship sailing the Caribbean. Deploy the S-Class where they make the most $$$. Wouldn't it be great if Century were "Solsticized" and made her debut for a Summer 2014 Caribbean season ? I think that would be exciting news.

I truly do not wish to hear about 2010 any longer. While I agree it was not a success, there were reasons why. IMO, Celebrity did not market it aggresively enough, and many folks weren't aware of a Summer Caribbean product until a few months before the sailings began. By that point, most had already made their vacation plans, and that's why you had fairly low pricing. You also have a larger number of cruisers now, and this Summer's pricing is extremely high.... so there's evidence it can be successful. With that said, if Miami doesnt want competition for Oasis & Allure, then nothing else matters.

Let's hope Celebrity is giving it some consideration, but I'd keep your expectations low.

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:40 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRELT5 View Post
Thanks...I appreciate that.

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2morecruises View Post
Just in case anyone is interested:

Celebrity's 2014-2015 Deployment Opening Schedule:

Bermuda, Canada & New England - MARCH 7th
Alaska - MARCH 12th
Northern Europe - MARCH 21st
Europe - MARCH 27th
South America & Panama Canal - APRIL 3rd
Caribbean - APRIL 11th
Asia, Australia & Hawaii -APRIL 17th

Grapevine is saying that some new & interesting ports are on the agenda.

2MC

Hope the new & interesting ports include some in the Carib...same old itins can get boring!!!

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Host Andy View Post
Hi Keels,

I'd love to see it as much as anyone, but I do not believe this will be the year. While I strongly feel that Summer Caribbean can work (especially if Celebrity were creative with the itineraraies), I believe the bigger issue is that Oasis & Allure homeport in Ft Lauderdale. Thats a lot of cabins to fill, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a corportate decision for Celebrity NOT to compete with them.

IMO, Celebrity can offer a Summer Caribbean product from South Florida, that would not compete directly with Oasis & Allure. Why not think outside the box, and have 1 ship sailing several different itineraries, varying from 4-10 nights. Berthing shouldnt be an issue, as the port is relatively quiet. Why not throw in a few 7 day Bermuda sailings from Port Everglades ? I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat !

On another note, I feel that 3 ships in Alaska is one too many. If Celebrity feels that Europe will perform well ? I respect their decision, but I'm not at all confident on the likelihood of sending 6 ships to Europe, *and* it being highly successful. Perhaps it will work - time will tell. Nothing says it has to be a Solstice Class ship sailing the Caribbean. Deploy the S-Class where they make the most $$$. Wouldn't it be great if Century were "Solsticized" and made her debut for a Summer 2014 Caribbean season ? I think that would be exciting news.

I truly do not wish to hear about 2010 any longer. While I agree it was not a success, there were reasons why. IMO, Celebrity did not market it aggresively enough, and many folks weren't aware of a Summer Caribbean product until a few months before the sailings began. By that point, most had already made their vacation plans, and that's why you had fairly low pricing. You also have a larger number of cruisers now, and this Summer's pricing is extremely high.... so there's evidence it can be successful. With that said, if Miami doesnt want competition for Oasis & Allure, then nothing else matters.

Let's hope Celebrity is giving it some consideration, but I'd keep your expectations low.
Well, I'm also hoping that a summer Caribbean itinerary would originate from either Texas or New Orleans, so ... definitely wishful thinking and low expectations!