Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old February 6th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the week by acpitbull2, BODICERIPPER, bill46033, DannO61 & GeckoMom!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Miracle Carnival Miracle delivered the FUN!! by acpitbull2
Day 1: Sailaway - I have the best friends ever! They drove my DH and me from the Jersey Shore to the pier on Thursday. We lucked out and hit zero traffic and "sailed" through the Lincoln Tunnel. We checked in quickly and were on the ship by 12:30. I've heard many people say they didn't like the Miracle's decor, but I thought it was great! Very colorful with lots of purples and blues. It is a fun, fictional character theme with a very functional layout. We found our way around the ship quickly and easily. Of course lunch on the Lido Deck is the first order of business. Instead of wandering through the always crowded buffet, we opted for burgers by the pool before venturing down to the atrium to purchase an unlimited soda card for $60. By then our stateroom was ready. We arrived at room 5110 with a beautiful, spacious extended balcony. It was a sizable room with plenty of closet and storage space. Our wonderful travel agent, Marianne of Travel Emporium sent us a beautiful bottle of wine, which was waiting for us in the cabin. We loved our stateroom, however there were a few minor issues (which really were very minor). Continue reading... Carnival Miracle delivered the FUN!!

Celebrity Constellation Had a fabulous time by BODICERIPPER
I realise that I've written one LONG review, but I've attempted to address some of the topics that I wanted to know more about prior to taking my first cruise. Hope it's helpful to some folks. This was my first cruise ever and it was a great way to start! I've traveled on ferries and smaller boats/ships overnight, but never a real cruise ship. I'd read some negative reviews prior to my cruise, so I was a tad apprehensive. However I didn't think that the Turner Classic Movie Channel would risk its reputation by offering this rather pricey cruise, attended by many famous people, on anything less than a stellar cruise ship, and it seems that I was right! My experience with Celebrity and the Constellation put any worries that I might have had to rest! (This cruise centered around the showing and appreciation of classic movies. TCM TV hosts Robert Osborne and Ben Mankiewicz were on board, as were celebrities such as Mickey Rooney, Debbie Reynolds, Arlene Dahl, Sally Ann Howes, Norman Lloyd, Rich Little, and Alex Trebek.) Continue reading... Had a fabulous time

Ruby Princess Excellent cruise on the Ruby Princess by bill46033
Seasoned cruisers, we brought two other couples with us for a warm getaway to the Caribbean. The Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship and we all thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. Here are some highlights: Embarkation: I dropped the other couple off at Port Everglades before I returned our rental car, so they could board and enjoy the ship. At 1:00 there was quite a line waiting to check in; it took them about 45 minutes before reaching the ship. I returned the Thrifty rental car and took their free shuttle to the ship, arriving at about 2:15. There was no line at all, and we were onboard within about 5 minutes. Sailaway: Reading the various boards about this ship, I knew about the "secret" door at the front of the Lido deck leading to the deck just above the bridge, where we watched sailaway with about 20 other passengers. People on the deck above kept asking us "How did you get there?" It was uncrowded and very easy to go from one side of the ship to the other as we sailed out of the port. Continue reading... Excellent cruise on the Ruby Princess

Norwegian Epic Had a wonderful cruise on the Epic by DannO61
We are a couple in our early 50's who cruised on the Epic, Jan. 12 -- Jan. 19th. This was our second cruise and we were in a mini suite, cabin 12265. I believe there were around 4300 other cruisers. We flew in to Ft. Lauderdale the night before on Southwest airlines and stayed at the Hyatt Place FL which has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I originally wanted to use SAS Transportation to take us to the port of Miami the next morning but I didn't make my reservations in time and they were all booked up. The hotel also has transportation but it was more expensive, although the door to door service and the fact that we weren't packed in like sardines was probably worth the extra cost. Continue reading... Had a wonderful cruise on the Epic

Disney Fantasy Disney Fantasy is Wonderful! Some Pros and Some Cons by GeckoMom
We just came back from a wonderful Disney cruise on the Fantasy. This was our second time on this ship. The Disney Fantasy is absolutely beautiful and so very clean. Our family is new to cruising -- this being only our 3rd cruise. We cruised on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas 2 years ago. We have 2 primary-school-aged children who loved the ship. The character appearances were fantastic. The photographers would take our pictures with our camera, as well as their own. If you take the time to get professional photos taken with and without the Disney characters, the photo package with the the CD and photos is really a good deal -- not cheap but professional photography never is. Embarking and Disembarking was a breeze. We did offsite parking with Cruise Parking at Port Canaveral. We really liked them but you do have to wait for the van to pick you up afterwards. Continue reading... Disney Fantasy is Wonderful! Some Pros and Some Cons

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; February 7th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.