Flying In from Hawaii

trk_koa

DH and I live in Kona and are thinking of taking advantage of a Hawaii resident promo from PG. No air is included and our best option is the flight on Hawaiian Airlines that arrives very late on Saturday. I called PG to ask few questions and the rep told me that the ship would wait for passengers on that flight.

Is that for real?

Mahalo,

Nancy

We suggest you double-check about transportation from the airport to the ship after your Hawaiian HNL-PPT flight. We were able to purchase a transfer package from PG that included being met at the airport and driven to the ship even though it was late at night. It gave us great peace of mind. No need to worry about finding a taxi at that time.

Our flight happened to be late - plus we were the only ship passengers being picked up from the Hawaiian flight. The PG was in constant contact with the driver who picked us up and we were driven right to the gangway when we arrived at the dock. The gangway was literally pulled up behind us when we boarded, and the reception staff (AND hot man AND butler) were there to greet us even though it was almost midnight. Very well done and absolutely worth the transfer charge.

I called to book the transfer last week and was told there was no transfer for that late flight. Seems PG has agents with different answers on their phone line. I will certainly call and ask again. The gal I talked to even double checked!! So much for that. joyous

It looks like there are transfers available if you use Tahiti Nui Airlines from LAX but not for the Hawaiin Airline from Honolulu. The cost of the transfer from PG is likely much more than the cab, so that's the reasoning. If I get any other information I will post it. joyous

I had the travel agent check again about them waiting for the Hawaiian flight. At first, the rep said no. But she double checked and they are definite that the ship will wait for that flight for our sailing on May 4.

It might be that the trip we are booking has been specifically marketed to Hawaii residents. We are booked and paid for including the airport to pier transfer.

Nancy

I have spent another morning quizzing the agents at PG and after an afternoon of waiting for an answer, I got one. Friend is booked for a transfer, but only because of the number of people coming from HI for this particular cruise. At least that is what I was told. Transfers are not always available, but this time they are. Pays to read CruiseCritic and stay the course. Thanks for all the info. joyous

I had the travel agent check again about them waiting for the Hawaiian flight. At first, the rep said no. But she double checked and they are definite that the ship will wait for that flight for our sailing on May 4.

It might be that the trip we are booking has been specifically marketed to Hawaii residents. We are booked and paid for including the airport to pier transfer.

Nancy

Nancy

Don't worry Nancy..I am also on the May 4th sailing and I will tell them you're coming!!:)

Steve

Archived