Mississippi or Ohio River Cruises

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:18 PM.
kentucky
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Looking for a 2-3 night cruise on the Ohio or Mississippi for my 94 year-old Dad. He will have a companion. Prefer on-board stateroom. Does anyone do affordable custom cruises?
Germany
12,610 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
rascalcat,

There are only two companies offering overnight cruises on the Mississippi and Ohio river system:

- American Queen Steamboat Company: American Queen (paddlewheel steamboat)

- American Cruise Lines: Queen of the Mississippi (paddlewheel boat, no steam)

The American Queen had a 3 nighter last year out of Cincinnati. But for 2013 the shortest I can find is 6 days.

And to answer your question about "affordable custom cruises"... that depends on how you define "affordable" . I´d say they are all not a bargain.

You might check the Belle of Cincinnati (out of Newport Kentucky, BBRiverboats). They did offer "overnight" cruises in the past but then you stay in a hotel for the night as they don´t have any cabins.

steamboats