Anniversary

Capri73

Hi Capri,

The basic anniversary celebration is free. It is usually held on the first or second day at Bora Bora at sunset so there is the setting sun in the background. A special verse is read and then the couples are each wrapped in a Tahaitian wedding blanket and pictures are taken with heis in the hair against bora bora and sunset. This is a common anniversary celebration and you can get your name on the list by giving in your details at reception. Its really very well done and there a beautiful anniversary cake and sparkling wine.

There are two other celebrations for cost - one I believe is $250 and the other is $500. My DD gave us the $500 one for our 30th anniversary and it was well done. It was supposed to be at Motu Mahana and the Gauguins had prepared the area with shells and flowers . However due to heavy rain it was moved to the bridge. I think we were allowed to invite 8 guests and we invited our cousins and friends who were on the cruise with us. The Captain renewed our vows. The cruise director read from Kahlil Gibran. The Gauguinnes sang for us. The Guest Relations manager was also present.We both wore heis on our heads. Champagne ( Veuve) and Chocolate strawberries were served ( DD's choice). I opposed her when she wanted to do it but it was very nicely done and a wonderful memory. I think we also got a bottle of Roderer in the Cabin and a box of Chocolates and congratulatory letters. The event meant more to us as we had our friends and family with us and also we knew both the Cruise Director Michael Shapiro and the Captain - Captain Zupan. Also we knew both the gauguinnes and the International hostess ( Hina) well. If all parties were strangers to us I think it would have had less meaning. The venue was the Tahaa lagoon which gleams a beautiful blue from the bridge and we also bought the unlimited photo and anniversary photo packages so we got some lovely photos out of the event. All day every member of the crew wished us for our anniversary. It was very heartwarming.

It was very nicely done in a classy way and I would recommend the whole shooting match to anyone. Something to remember forever. IN fact I am not amiss to celebrating this way for my next big one 35 in 2016.

Last month our visit to the bridge was also at Tahaa so it all brought back fond memories of the previous event. Michael was still the Cruise Director but the Captain was new to us though a very nice person in his own right.

I suggest you ask PG cruises exactly what the anniversary celebration now includes as these things are a moving target and what we had 18 months ago may or may not be included now.

It's up to you, but we found the group ceremony to be very affirming! It was nice that it was free, but it was such fun to celebrate with folks just starting out their marriage (including a couple in their 60's) and those who had been married for many years (including 2 gentlemen together for years longer their "marriage" would has been "allowed" !) It was wonderful to be part of the group with all those different folks celebrating their love.

Our October experience was just as Emdee explains for the group. Champagne, cake, at La Pallete on day 1 BB at about 5 PM (sunset) Les Guaguines sing, and read a beautiful poem, you have photos with the the blanket and and flowers, and then you can purchase the photo (about $20 or digital version about $40)

Lots of couples then went ashore to Bloody Marys for an anniversary dinner.

Given the large amount of anniversaries and honeymoons onboard, if you want something a little more intimate, Emdees ceremony would be very nice.

Archived