Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
- Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Princess Cruise Deals
- Write a Princess Cruise Review
- Find Your Princess Roll Call
See posts about:
Caribbean Princess
Diamond Princess
Island Princess
Royal Princess
Sun Princess

Coral Princess
Emerald Princess
Ocean Princess
Ruby Princess
Star Princess

Crown Princess
Golden Princess
Pacific Princess
Sapphire Princess

Dawn Princess
Grand Princess
Regal Princess
Sea Princess

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Island Princess CD?

Hi, does anyone know who the current CD is on the Island? Also would be interested in who port lecturer is. We've gotten our letter from Captain, M'D, excursion manager, but nothing from CD. Thanks!

Old February 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5326jan View Post
Hi, does anyone know who the current CD is on the Island? Also would be interested in who port lecturer is. We've gotten our letter from Captain, M'D, excursion manager, but nothing from CD. Thanks!

Richard Joseph is the main one, don't know if he is on vacation.

Check in your personalizer, it should show all the e-mails related to your cruise. (right side)

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32

Old February 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo Cruiser View Post
Richard Joseph is the main one, don't know if he is on vacation.

Check in your personalizer, it should show all the e-mails related to your cruise. (right side)
Richard was on for our 01/09 cruise. Don't know for how much longer, but he mentioned that after spending six of the last nine years on the Island that he would be going to another ship. We enjoyed him as a CD and appreciated his strong support of CC
01/14 - Sapphire Princess - 4 Day Coastal w/Catalina, 06/13 - Emerald Princess - Baltic, 01/13 - Island Princess - Panama Canal, 09/12 - Coral Princess - Pacific Coastal, 09/12 - Golden Princess - Inside Passage (B2B Glacier Bay & Tracy Arm), 09/11 - Sapphire Princess - California Coastal, 04/11 - Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera, 08/10 - Coral Princess - Voyage of the Glaciers, 03/10 - Star Princess - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires (The Shortened Post Earthquake Cruise), 02/10 - Star Princess - Buenos Aires to Valparaiso around Cape Horn (the Chilean Earthquake Cruise), 10/09 - Golden Princess - Hawaii, 11/07 - Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera, 02/07 - Grand Princess - Western Caribbean from Galveston, 04/06 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal RT from FLL, 10/04 - Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer from San Juan, 05/02 - Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas (3 Night)

Old February 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IECalCruiser View Post
Richard was on for our 01/09 cruise. Don't know for how much longer, but he mentioned that after spending six of the last nine years on the Island that he would be going to another ship. We enjoyed him as a CD and appreciated his strong support of CC
I don't much care about cruise directors, but I really like Richard Joseph. I'm interested in knowing where he'll be headed to next. I'm going on the Island in the fall and was hoping he'd be there.

Old February 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KruzPrincess View Post
I don't much care about cruise directors, but I really like Richard Joseph. I'm interested in knowing where he'll be headed to next. I'm going on the Island in the fall and was hoping he'd be there.

He always seems to come back.

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 14th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

When is your cruise? The e-mail with information about the CD and entertainment is usually sent out 14 days before the cruise.

Star Princess (Hawaii) - 3/14 ... Photos ... Patters
Coral Princess (Panama Canal) - 4/12 ... Photos ... Patters
Golden Princess (Alaska) - 6/11 ... Photos ... Patters
Golden Princess (Hawaii) - 1/11 ... Photos ... Patters
Mariner of the Seas (Mexico) - 12/09 ... Photos ... Compasses
Sapphire Princess (Mexico) - 2/09 ... Photos
Star Princess (Alaska) - 5/08 ... Photos
Dawn Princess (Caribbean) -4/05 ... Photos
Rhapsody of the Seas (Mexico) -1/01
Carnival Holiday (Mexico) - 1/99
RCCL Song of America (Mexico) - 3/97
Carnival Imagination (Caribbean) - 4/96
Celebrity Meridian (Caribbean) 3/94
NCL Southward (Mexico) - 7/93
Carnival Jubilee (Mexico) - 2/91 ... Photos ... Capers

Old February 14th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
He always seems to come back.
Thanks for the info. I hope he's there! On the personalizer, I see the emails from the others mentioned above, but not the CD. We've also had welcome letters from two different captains. Manfuso is the most recent, but we originally got a letter from Karl Austin. They may have some major changes of crew coming.

Old February 14th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperdo View Post
When is your cruise? The e-mail with information about the CD and entertainment is usually sent out 14 days before the cruise.
Hi, we must have posted at the same time. I leave March 8, three weeks from tomorrow. I guess I'm just too impatient! Thanks, I'll relax now!

Old February 14th, 2013, 02:40 PM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5326jan View Post
Thanks for the info. I hope he's there! On the personalizer, I see the emails from the others mentioned above, but not the CD. We've also had welcome letters from two different captains. Manfuso is the most recent, but we originally got a letter from Karl Austin. They may have some major changes of crew coming.
Did you join your roll call?
Surely someone has received the e mail.

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32

Old February 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Did you join your roll call?
Surely someone has received the e mail.
Yes, we have a great roll call with 55 members. No one has received it, but Jasperdo informs me that I may need to wait another week for the email. Thanks!

Old February 14th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

We depart on the Island on Feb. 26. We received our email exactly 2 weeks before departure, but it was a very generic email from "the cruise director" with no name attached. Listed specifics re shows and named entertainers who will be on board, but the CD remained anonymous.

Old February 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck13 View Post
We depart on the Island on Feb. 26. We received our email exactly 2 weeks before departure, but it was a very generic email from "the cruise director" with no name attached. Listed specifics re shows and named entertainers who will be on board, but the CD remained anonymous.
That's very interesting! Did you get a letter from the Captain? Who is it? We got two names, as I mentioned above, but Manfuso is on the website. Have you gotten any information about a port lecturer? Thank you for the post!

Last edited by 5326jan; February 14th, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

Old February 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Email #2 was from Captain Manfuso. No other captain has been mentioned. Email #5 lists the port lecturer as Emile Baladi.

Even more interesting is that when I went back to my cruise personalizer to check on the above, email # 5 now contains the name & bio for the CD - Neil Rose. That's not a name I've heard before.

Old February 14th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck13 View Post
Email #2 was from Captain Manfuso. No other captain has been mentioned. Email #5 lists the port lecturer as Emile Baladi.

Even more interesting is that when I went back to my cruise personalizer to check on the above, email # 5 now contains the name & bio for the CD - Neil Rose. That's not a name I've heard before.
I found him by googling. He's been on a few of the Princess ships and people seem to think he's friendly and has attended M&Gs. Not enough info to find him on as a regular anywhere. It looks like he may have been assistant entertainment Director on QM2 for a while in 2008. From CC thread: " A.E.D. Neil Rose was on loan from Princess and was very professional handling the string quartet . concert and Caribbean night."

I also found some positive feedback on Emile Baladi. Thank you!