Video - Grand Suite 1286 Tour on Liberty of the Seas

Thanks for the video! Awesome! Now I'm thinking of upgrading to GS on Liberty for our 4 day next January.

Questions:

Was there noise from having a connecting room?

Did you get priority seating on pool deck?

How was concierge lounge?

Thanks again!

Rick

Thanks for the video! Awesome! Now I'm thinking of upgrading to GS on Liberty for our 4 day next January.

Questions:

Was there noise from having a connecting room?

Did you get priority seating on pool deck?

How was concierge lounge?

Thanks again!

Rick

I heard nothing from the next room.

The area is above the bar not next to the pool. Each ship is different it seems.

The concierge lounge was nice, however... The Diamond lounge was better, had a view of the ocean, same food and beverages and was bigger.

Very nice video, well done.

Personally, I was surprised how small the cabin was. I thought the GS would be much larger. I'm not sure why. And that balcony - any aft cabin has a bigger balcony, which surprised me too. IMO, not worth the extra money - not even close.

Don't get me wrong -it is a very nice cabin - very nice balcony, but for the money, I can't see myself moving away from aft, and paying x2-x3 the amount.

It's an excellent video, and well titled. I'm sure it will help many people as they research their cruises.

Cheers!

Excellent video

Last year we had a GS on the Liberty for the first time. Since I was concerned about the large tub instead of a shower, I called C&A desk to see if the tub had grab bars and they said "No"

I called Special Needs Dept. twice and they said "No"

Of course when we boarded, we were happy to see the grab bars. Your video shows the grab bars---!!!

Personally, I was surprised how small the cabin was. I thought the GS would be much larger. I'm not sure why. And that balcony - any aft cabin has a bigger balcony, which surprised me too. IMO, not worth the extra money - not even close.

Don't get me wrong -it is a very nice cabin - very nice balcony, but for the money, I can't see myself moving away from aft, and paying x2-x3 the amount.

It's an excellent video, and well titled. I'm sure it will help many people as they research their cruises.

Cheers!

Actually I was surprised how small the room looks on video. It felt real large when we were in it. I believe it's twice the size of a regular balcony room. We did not pay twice as much. So I think it's a good value considering the extras a suite gives you. :D

Excellent video

Last year we had a GS on the Liberty for the first time. Since I was concerned about the large tub instead of a shower, I called C&A desk to see if the tub had grab bars and they said "No"

I called Special Needs Dept. twice and they said "No"

Of course when we boarded, we were happy to see the grab bars. Your video shows the grab bars---!!!

I needed those grab bars to get up out of that tub! :D

It amazes me sometimes how much the RCI staff doesn't know. Ask a question to 3 people and you get 3 different answers. I talked to the Captain on this trip at the suite guest party and he hasn't been on any Voyager Class or Oasis Class ships so he knew very little about the fleet outside of the Freedom Class ships. That was weird that I was answering his questions. :D

Cheers!

I agree that GSs are small- probably just a little bigger than the JS, but it's the lowst level suite that comes with ALL the suite perks, and I think that's what most people are really paying for. Concierge service, concierge lounge, breakfast in specialty restaurant, expanded room service, priority disembarkation (so you don't feel like steerage sitting on top of your carry-ons in some lounge waiting for your "color" to be called), etc.

I'll admit that the smallest suites on most NCL ships do put the GS to shame, but the perks still make it more than worth it to me! It's a classic case of, "to each his own", I think. :) If you're really married to the aft vantage point (clearly, I'm not), it makes sense that the GS is not for you.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Dickie,

I'll be in that exact suite on the 3/30 departure!!! Was wondering how big the balcony was. Room also looks a little smaller than I thought but much bigger than standard.

We found the room very comfortable. It does seem bigger in person than it does in a video. :D

Dickie,

I saw the pool towels and was wondering if you had to pick them up on deck or were they already in the suite? Our last GS was on Navigator and we had to get the pool towels ourselves. They didn't swipe our sea pass but we still had to pick them up. Before that cruise, they were always in the suite.

Dickie,

I saw the pool towels and was wondering if you had to pick them up on deck or were they already in the suite? Our last GS was on Navigator and we had to get the pool towels ourselves. They didn't swipe our sea pass but we still had to pick them up. Before that cruise, they were always in the suite.

We never had to deal with pool towels on Liberty. They were in the suite when we arrived. They were replenished in our suite. Some days we had 2. Some days they left 3 or 4. :D

Thank you for sharing! How lovely and welcoming it looks....and I bet you're just thrilled to be back in beautiful Spring-like Manitoba!;)

You're most welcome! Manitoba has been a monster this winter. I cannot wait for our next vacations. We've got a couple in the works. :D

Archived