Live - Jewel of the Seas March 2-7 2013, Fun in the Sun?

By the end of our Radiance Hawaii cruise back in September I swore I was not going to do another live blog. Fast forward about 5 months and for the life of me I can't remember why I didn't want to do another one. :o

So here we go, leaving the chill and wet of Seattle to the heat and sun of Florida and Mexico. We have been watching the weather and loving the sight of 80 plus degrees down there, almost double our temps in the pacific northwest.

But then a fun thing started to happen, the temperatures began to converge. The closer we get to the cruise the lower the temps are getting in Florida and the higher they are getting here in Seattle. They look to be doing a complete reversal this weekend as it will be 60 here in Seattle on Friday and 59 in Tampa for sail away on Saturday :eek:

Oh well, a cruise is a cruise is a cruise. And as long as I am on a cruise I am a happy camper. So tomorrow after work we will be heading to the airport and will begin to wing our way to Tampa and paradise. :D

Bill

yqumejap.jpg

This picture is small but that is what they look like when uploaded through Tapatalk. I will be using that app at times to upload pictures. Once a day I will try to get online with the netbook for a daily wrap up.

As you can see the bags are just about packed. We had planned to pack light as we were heading to hot weather and no need for too heavy of clothing. :rolleyes:

Oh well, now we are packing for both types of weather. :p

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

We will be on the Jewel in a couple of months and can't wait. Thanks for doing a LIVE review! We have an aft balcony for the first time in 15 years. Sorry about the weather. It has been beautiful here for weeks and I hope the weather clears up for you. Have a safe trip and wonderful cruise!

We will be right the with you, sitting at the airport now waiting for our flight to Tampa!

Lucky you. I still have another day of slaving in the salt mine before catching our red eye tonight. :(

May have started this blog a little early as I still need to work for the day (well, most of the day :p).

u5emesad.jpg

This is where I will be keeping my nose to the grindstone.

Our luggage is looking lonely. Another three hours and we are off to the airport and they will get the chance to gather for a while with their luggage brethren. :D

huqugu8y.jpg

By the end of our Radiance Hawaii cruise back in September I swore I was not going to do another live blog. Fast forward about 5 months and for the life of me I can't remember why I didn't want to do another one. :o

So here we go, leaving the chill and wet of Seattle to the heat and sun of Florida and Mexico. We have been watching the weather and loving the sight of 80 plus degrees down there, almost double our temps in the pacific northwest.

But then a fun thing started to happen, the temperatures began to converge. The closer we get to the cruise the lower the temps are getting in Florida and the higher they are getting here in Seattle. They look to be doing a complete reversal this weekend as it will be 60 here in Seattle on Friday and 59 in Tampa for sail away on Saturday :eek:

Oh well, a cruise is a cruise is a cruise. And as long as I am on a cruise I am a happy camper. So tomorrow after work we will be heading to the airport and will begin to wing our way to Tampa and paradise. :D

Bill

Enjoy - great ship!

Subscribing! Heading out on the Jewel first of May. It can't come soon enough!

Hello there fellow ship mate!:) DH and I will be with you on 5/2! So looking forward to just getting away to Cozumel, it's one of my favorite places.

Suzanne

Just a heads up its cool in Florida right now. It's 55 right now in Tampa. It's 59 in south Florida where I am

It will be just like here at home on a good day. :p

Archived