Is it safe to walk from Coral World (near Coki beach) to Sapphire beach?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:03 AM.
Virginia
74 Posts
Joined May 2008
We were contemplating visiting Coral World during our stop in St. Thomas but also wanted to check out Sapphire beach. They don't look that far and I'm always up for a walk- is it safe? Thanks!
Wichita, Kansas
215 Posts
Joined May 2009
We've been to Magen's bay on our first cruise, went to Coki on our second cruise. I've read alot of great reviews about Sapphire. Can someone tell me how far Sapphire is from Magen's? Is it possible to see both in one day? Hubby wants to go back to Magen's, I want to go see a different beach.
Thanks, Debbie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
North Pole & Playa Del Carmen
10,015 Posts
Joined May 2008
Anything is doable, how long in port? They are quite a ways from one another. We stayed at Sapphire last January and drove one day to Magens as well as several other beaches because there was only 1 ship in. You can definitely hit both but the time traveling would be such a waste. And we think Magens is over-rated and would recommend either Coki and Sapphire or just one of these.

But to answer your question yes, if you have at least 8 hrs in port you could spend a couple hours at each. Here's a map showing why it is not recommended.
http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com..._road_map.html
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Blue, Blue Water !