Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

View Poll Results: Royal Princess: What new features are you most excited about?
Sea Walk 95 47.98%
TV Studio 17 8.59%
Bellini's, an Italian-themed bar 40 20.20%
Princess Live! entertainment venue 29 14.65%
New casual eateries in Horizon Buffet, such as a taqueria, rotisserie & Japanese hibachi grill 108 54.55%
Pastry Shop 50 25.25%
Adult-Only Retreat Pool 76 38.38%
Couples massage villas 4 2.02%
Other (explain below). 27 13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Editor

Default Royal Princess -- What Excites You?

What new-to-Princess features onboard the new Royal Princess most excite you? Please vote in our poll (multi-choice answers are okay) and feel free to share your thoughts below.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown
Editor in Chief
Cruise Critic

Last edited by editor@cruisecritic; March 24th, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy This has already been done

Sorry, but a thread "Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?" was started last January by dmwnc1959. Dave has put a tremendous amount of effort into what has become the go to thread for info on Royal Princess and for all of us to express our thoughts on what we are looking forward to and what excites us.

In my opinion, it is a bit disrespectful for the editorial staff at Cruise Critic to detract from Dave's effort by starting a thread that asks essentially the same question. Sorry, but I'll continue to share my thoughts on what excites or doesn't excite me on Dave's thread.

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by editor@cruisecritic View Post
What new-to-Princess features onboard the new Royal Princess most excite you? Please vote in our poll (multi-choice answers are okay) and feel free to share your thoughts below.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown
Editor in Chief
Cruise Critic
The larger Piazza!

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Editor

Hi, Bill. No disrespect intended. None whatsoever. Could you provide the link to Dave's thread here in this one so those of us who hadn't yet seen it can also check it out?

Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by billco View Post
Sorry, but a thread "Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?" was started last January by dmwnc1959. Dave has put a tremendous amount of effort into what has become the go to thread for info on Royal Princess and for all of us to express our thoughts on what we are looking forward to and what excites us.

In my opinion, it is a bit disrespectful for the editorial staff at Cruise Critic to detract from Dave's effort by starting a thread that asks essentially the same question. Sorry, but I'll continue to share my thoughts on what excites or doesn't excite me on Dave's thread.

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:55 PM
10,000+ Club

Everything in the expanded Piazza particularly Alfredo's Pizzeria & the Gelateria.

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi, Bill. No disrespect intended. None whatsoever. Could you provide the link to Dave's thread here in this one so those of us who hadn't yet seen it can also check it out?

Carolyn
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1766069
I suggest you check with Dave about incorporating the poll into his thread.

Last edited by billco; March 24th, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Old March 24th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs down

Quote:

Quote:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1766069
I suggest you check with Dave about incorporating the poll into his thread.
Personally I thought it was disrespectful of you to say this has been done. I hadn't seen a poll at all on Royal Princess and was glad to see one. I read a lot of what Dave did, but I didn't see a poll in there. Some people like to see statistics.

Hawaiian Islands roundtrip out of San Francisco

Transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami

Old March 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love.II.Cruise View Post
Personally I thought it was disrespectful of you to say this has been done. I hadn't seen a poll at all on Royal Princess and was glad to see one. I read a lot of what Dave did, but I didn't see a poll in there. Some people like to see statistics.
Perhaps disrespectful wasn't the right word, but I think the forum could have been checked before starting a new poll. In my time on CC, I have never seen a work the quality and magnitude of what Dave has done.

As far as previous polls, there has been at least one poll on the Royal Princess.

Royal Princess design: badly solsticized
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...light=solstice

The results were:
Poll Results: Wrap-around promenade, front observation, aft pool, skywalkers, bow access are gone.

I do NOT like this. 178 80.91%
I like this. 42 19.09%
Voters: 220. This poll is closed

Last edited by billco; March 24th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Perhaps disrespectful wasn't the right word, but I think the forum could have been checked before starting a new poll. In my time on CC, I have never seen a work the quality and magnitude of what Dave has done.

As far as previous polls, there has been at least one poll on the Royal Princess.

Royal Princess design: badly solsticized
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...light=solstice

The results were:
Poll Results: Wrap-around promenade, front observation, aft pool, skywalkers, bow access are gone.

I do NOT like this. 178 80.91%
I like this. 42 19.09%
Voters: 220. This poll is closed

That poll only had two options! I much prefer what cruise critic did for a poll. Dave didn't do a poll.

To : Carolyn Spencer Brown, Editor in Chief, Cruise Critic

We really like this poll and I hope others partake.

Hawaiian Islands roundtrip out of San Francisco

Transatlantic from Barcelona to Miami

Last edited by Love.II.Cruise; March 24th, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I like the fact it will be very different from the other Princess ships and have much more to offer. I sail often and except for minor differences in ship, they all feel the same to me. Still love them, but ready for a new experience.

Old March 24th, 2013, 11:43 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:

Carolyn
Hi Carolyn!!!

I think a visual poll to consolidate thoughts into a single graph, along with comments from those who may not have chimed in on the 'other' thread for private reasons, is a wonderful idea.

And no disrespect taken. I had chatted with Laura S previously and understand that we may be seeing a Countdown to Royal Princess thread as well? She had mentioned that it would somehow merge with the 'other' thread so that it doesn't get lost.

Either way, it's nice to see more people getting excited about the new flagship. We are only 68 days away from her leaving the shipyard. It's almost time to break out the champagne and streamers!!!

Old March 25th, 2013, 12:00 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
In my time on CC, I have never seen a work the quality and magnitude of what Dave has done.
OK, now I'm blushing.

And thanks for everything. I appreciate the kind words.

P.S. Did you vote?

Last edited by dmwnc1959; March 25th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.

Old March 25th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

I selected several of the poll items but also Other because the expanded Piazza ranks pretty near the top of my list.

Ruby Princess (C753) - 10 day Classic Canada/New England October 2014
Royal Princess (R415) - 5 day Maiden Caribbean October 2013
Norwegian Sky (4009) - 3 day Bahamas July 2013
Disney Dream (6673) - 4 day Bahamas/3 day Bahamas B-t-B January/February 2012
Celebrity Equinox (CC Sky Deck 1245) - 11 day Eastern Mediterranean October 2011
Emerald Princess (D409) - 7 day Eastern Caribbean April 2010
Golden Princess (A256) - 7 day Mexican Riviera April 2008
Regal Princess (C170) - 10 day Panama Canal Westbound February 2007
Island Princess (C424) - 7 day Alaska Southbound May 2006
Sun Princess (C635) - 10 day Southern Caribbean April 2004
Sea Princess (C321) - 7 day Western Caribbean April 2001

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Editor

Thanks, Dave! And your thread is magnificent....

Curious if you're seeing any of the same trends re what people are talking about on your thread in terms of what they're excited about, and what our readers have so far voted on in this poll. Are they the same things? Are there any radical differences? Would love your insights

Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwnc1959 View Post
Hi Carolyn!!!

I think a visual poll to consolidate thoughts into a single graph, along with comments from those who may not have chimed in on the 'other' thread for private reasons, is a wonderful idea.

And no disrespect taken. I had chatted with Laura S previously and understand that we may be seeing a Countdown to Royal Princess thread as well? She had mentioned that it would somehow merge with the 'other' thread so that it doesn't get lost.

Either way, it's nice to see more people getting excited about the new flagship. We are only 68 days away from her leaving the shipyard. It's almost time to break out the champagne and streamers!!!

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Editor

Macusr, I went back and forth on whether or not to include the expanded piazza...and now wish I had done so! Thanks.

Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by macusr View Post
I selected several of the poll items but also Other because the expanded Piazza ranks pretty near the top of my list.

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:43 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Thanks, Dave! And your thread is magnificent....

Curious if you're seeing any of the same trends re what people are talking about on your thread in terms of what they're excited about, and what our readers have so far voted on in this poll. Are they the same things? Are there any radical differences? Would love your insights

Carolyn
Hi Carolyn!

THANKS!

Of all the threads I have seen discussing Royal Princess (obstructed balconies, badly Solsticized, discontinued features, etc.) the only other one I can think of that discusses the positive aspects and things we are looking forward to is the 'Everything Royal Princess' thread. Most of what everyone has expressed as a feature they want to see most of all are the ones that are on the poll with the addition of the expanded atrium, the larger expanded venues in the atrium like Vines, Alfredo's, and the International Cafe, the Dueling Glass Pianos in Crooners, the Chefs Table Lumiere, the Light and Water Shows, and the overall fact that it's a brand new ship of a new design.

One thing I noticed on the poll was that I thought the TV studio and Princess Live! were the same?

Old March 25th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Expanded Piazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by macusr View Post
My vote

Future:
Nov. 2014 Panama Canal w/family : Island Princess
April 2015 TA to Barcelona / May 2015 Barcelona - Istanbul : Emerald Princess

Past:
April 2014 : TA - FLL to Berlin : Royal Princess; Nov/Dec. 2013 : Southern Caribbean BTB: Crown Princess
June 2013 British Isles : Caribbean Princess; Feb. 2013 Eastern Caribbean : Emerald Princess; Nov. 4/11 2012 - BTB Eastern Caribbean : Ruby Princess; Feb/March 2012 : Tahiti - Sydney : Ocean Princess; Jan. 2012 - Eastern Caribbean : Ruby Princess; Nov. 2011 - Southern Caribean : Emerald Princess; Sept. 2011 - New England/Canada : Caribbean Princess; Feb. 2011 - Hawaii-Tahiti : Royal Princess; June 2010 - Alaska : Coral Princess; Denali on our own; April 2007 - Lindblad - Panama Canal/Costa Rica; April 2006 - Lindblad - Galapagos/Machu Picchu

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM
5,000+ Club

Posted on another thread, but I suppose my answer is other here.

Expanded Piazza/Atrium with more entertainment, Deluxe Balcony cabins (finally), dueling glass pianos, entertainmnent in pool area, and expanded Vines. I'm also happy that this ship is going to Copenhagen for an itinerary that has been on my to do list since my first cruise in Europe.

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

The expanded Piazza is the top of my list of things I'm looking forward to most on the new Royal.

Sunbird Mediterranean and Africa 07/99, Golden Princess Eastern Caribbean Nov/03, Sun Princess Southern Caribbean Apr/04, Star Princess Western Caribbean Nov/04, Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Jan/05, Louis Hellenic Calypso Greek Islands Jun/05 Coral Princess Panama Canal Nov 4/05, Dawn Princess Mexican Riviera Jan 29/06, Sapphire Princess US Pacific Coastal May 13/06, Crown Princess Eastern Caribbean Sept 30/06, NCL Crown Bermuda Sept 23/07, Diamond Princess Hawaii Feb. 1/08, Emerald Princess Southern Caribbean Feb. 8/09, Caribbean Princess Canada New England Sept. 5/09, B2B Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean Jan 24 and Jan 31/09, Crown Princess Canada Colonial America Oct 17/10, Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Nov. 6/11, Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Jan 28/12, Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 4/12, Crown Princess Greek Isles Oct 15/12, Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Jan 26/14

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

I can't really say any of the choices listed in the poll are exciting. I did check the Seawalk. Not necessarily exciting, but I have expressed interest in the following:

Expanded atrium
Deluxe balcony stateroom
Enhanced Alfredo's Pizzeria and International Cafe
Fitness Center and Aerobics Studio - Looking forward to TRX
Outdoor jogging track and exercise circuit
Seawalk, MUTS and fountain pool
Dueling pianos sounds interesting

We have booked the Maiden Transatlantic, Maiden Caribbean, and the Spring Transatlantic in 2014. I am looking more forward to what excited people after Royal Princess sails. Hopefully there will be a post sailing poll.