Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old March 28th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by cv322, richla, Kryssa, DSJ6377 & debbyrich!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Miracle 10-Day Miracle by cv322
Carnival decided to reposition my favorite ship from NYC to the West Coast...so a year ago, when I learned of this sad news, I had to book this rare treat of a 10-day! A little about myself: I'm a solo cruiser with a cruise history of 25 past cruises on Celebrity, Norwegian, one on HAL, 13 with Carnival (6th time on the Miracle). I cruise 2 or 3 times a year, usually out of NY. Embarkation day for us had a storm brewing, and it definitely impacted our first couple of days. I'm from the Hudson Valley of NY so I drove to the port. I dropped off my luggage with the porters, drove around & then back up to park at the pier ($350) because it's extremely convenient to do so. Check-in was a breeze & we were boarding before noon. I went up to Lido, had a light lunch, & happily met up with friends with whom I had cruised before. It was freezing cold that day! After braving the cold for as long as we could stand it, I invited everyone to my cabin, ordered a couple of bottles of wine & we chatted until they called the muster drill. The muster drill went quickly & smoothly & then we were on our way! Continue reading... 10-Day Miracle

Island Princess Wonderful Cruise! by richla
We stayed at the Marriott SpringHill Suites. They have a shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the cruise ship the next day. It also includes a nice breakfast and free Internet. There were a lot of cruisers staying there. We are Platinum Members and boarding at the terminal was fast. We were checking out our room in no time. We had a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck. Our section of balconies are a bit set in. They are just as nice, however, you can't see straight ahead or straight back as the other section balconies protrude out more. It was really minor, but had a nice price break. It was a standard Princess Veranda room and our room steward was always helpful and did his job superbly. Food & Dining: Years ago we changed to "Anytime" dining rather than the fixed seating. It's called other names on different lines, but the same. It allows us the flexibility to eat at whatever time we want and at whatever size table. We had no waiting on any night. The service was very good. In fact, we like our waiter so much, we actually ended up reserving a table in her section many of the nights. I know it's subjective, however, we found the food very good both in main dining or the buffet in the Horizon Court. We also ate in the specialty steak restaurant and found it better than most ships. Continue reading... Wonderful Cruise!

Celebrity Summit Great Week on the Summit by Kryssa
We just got back yesterday from a great week on the Summit. We are an all-adult family of 5 sailing with my Grandmother, making us 6 people between the ages of 20 and 79. We booked 3 "sweet sixteen" 2C balcony cabins for $749 through an online travel agency and they gave us $175 OBC plus an additional $80 when we elected travel insurance. We got into San Juan on Friday morning after flying all night from San Francisco and checked into the Condado Lagoon Villas at the Caribe Hilton. We booked these rooms on Priceline using "Name Your Own Price" for $125. We think the high minimum price was due to the combination of spring break and the Ironman being that weekend. A quick nap in the room and then over to the beach bar for a lunch of salad and grilled mahi mahi. Expensive, but good. We spent the rest of the day on the lagoon beach. This is a protected area with no waves. Great for families with small children. Many people were snorkeling. While the rooms were basic, they were clean and convenient for a 1-night stay. The property was nice. The only "down side" was that the Villas are far away from the main hotel lobby and the beach and pool area. Dinner was at a forgettable restaurant in Old Town San Juan. We are limited when we eat due to my Grandmother being very picky. We tried to go to Ceviche 358, but she couldn't find anything there to order. Continue reading... Great Week on the Summit

Norwegian Jewel NCL Jewel to Bahamas 3/17/13 by DSJ6377
I just returned today from a 7 day cruise on the Jewel. The reviews I read here in advance were of so much help that I thought I would write my own comprehensive review in hopes that it may be of help to future travelers, particularly those with children, as it was myself, my husband and our 6 year old daughter on this trip. Just a little bit about us so you know where I am coming from with my opinions. This is only our 3rd cruise, 2nd on NCL. We did the Boston to Bermuda cruise on NCL Dawn last April. I chose this cruise on the Jewel because it is easy for us to get to NYC, as well, I have wanted to sail out of NYC because I have heard from others about the nice views while sailing away. Also, this is one of the few NCL ships which has the Nickelodeon themed events and we thought our daughter would like that. I am not a relaxing cruiser, I like to have my freestyle daily with me and I'm always hurrying from one event to another. Cruiseport/Embarkation: We live in Maine so we drove to Connecticut the day before and then drove into the city early Sunday morning. It was St. Patty's Day and we were concerned about street closures due to the parade. We had no idea how easy it was going to be to get to the cruiseport. It was excellent! Our GPS brought us right there, no problem. Instead of a garage it is a parking lot that is literally right next to the boat. It is expensive ($245 for 7 days) but I think it is totally worth it. Embarkation was very easy and well coordinated and we were on the ship having lunch by 11:30. It was a far easier place to sail out of then Boston and the sail away by the Statue of Liberty was awesome, even though it was freezing :-) Continue reading... NCL Jewel to Bahamas 3/17/13

Oasis of the Seas Birthday cruise on Oasis by debbyrich
We booked this cruise about a month in advance, a guarantee balcony and when when received our room assignment it was an accessible stateroom on Deck 6, with a bump out!! At first I was not sure if I wanted this and I checked my cabin number daily on my reservation as I knew if someone needed this room they would give it to them. Well that did not happen, and I am grateful not only was the room & balcony much larger, the bathroom was huge also and the shower was super sized! Since it was my birthday on (March 19) my stateroom was pimped out with the birthdays decorations from family, it looked like there was a party going on in there all the time! Our stateroom attendant was Winston from Jamaica, he did a great job, always friendly and available to help in any way. Meet & Mingle: We met at the Mass bar at 2pm while still in port and also had a chance to dine with some of them at the Chefs Table on my birthday. We also had the regular meet & greet at Dazzles on the first day at sea, had a gift exchange and a chance to meet some of the other (81) cruise critic guests onboard. We arrived a little late because of a previous event but we were there in time to do the gift exchange. Continue reading... Birthday cruise on Oasis

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; March 28th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.