Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old April 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by Zena2005, cats36, Kezzie62, canehdn & Shooshoo!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Epic Another EPIC Vacation by Zena2005
We cruised the Epic March 16-23, 2013. This was our second cruise on the Epic and we had even more fun than the first time in in April 2011 (not saying we didn't have fun the first time). On my last NCL cruise using the prepaid transportation voucher, there was a big box truck at the airport where we dropped off our luggage and then got on a bus which took us to the port. This time we were guided to the bus at the airport where the bus driver placed our luggage under the bus in the storage compartments. Upon arriving to the bus driver us to wait on the bus until the luggage was removed from the underside of the bus. I noticed that the luggage was arranged in a way so when you exited the bus you only could go in one direction; past the dock worker who was demanding a tip. You should have seen the looks on people's faces...I am all for tipping but don't demand it from me. His demands earned him less than I was going to give him prior to his antics. Continue reading... Another EPIC Vacation

Celebrity Reflection Very Pleasant Suprise by cats36
We did not get off to such a good start. We decided to drive to Miami which we will never do again. The ride from the Ft Lauderdale Area into Miami was traffic laden with a lot of thoughtless drivers. It stayed that way the whole time we were there, and we came in 2 days early for the cruise. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon (Very nice) and they let us park our car there for the week. It was so much easier letting someone else do the driving. We got to the pier about 11 a.m. Saturday and were whiskedd through security and registration. Then we came to a dead stop. We were ushered to a place against the wall in the registration areas and there we stood for 50 minutes. There were no seats or much space. We watched as many, many people were allowed to go on boardd. We figured we were the "untouchables" of the cruise passengers and had to wait with the masses and get on last. More and more people were directed our way until there were several hundred of us standing in lines. By the time we were allowed on boardd, I had formed an initial bad impression of this cruise line. Continue reading... Very Pleasant Suprise

Explorer of the Seas Review of 9 night Eastern Caribbean by Kezzie62
We (my parents, brother, son & my husband) left home at 6:30am. We had arranged for Borders limos to transport us to South Station in Boston for our Amtrak regional train to New York City. On arrival at South Station we got a Red Cap to take our luggage so we could go and get Breakfast before we boarded the train. We had arranged to meet the Red Cap at 7:45am so we could board the train before the crowd so we would have time to get settled and all our luggage stowed safely. Our train left South Station on time and we were soon on our way to New York City. Our journey passed fairly quickly and before we knew it we were pulling into Penn Station we were running about 10 minutes late but that was not a worry for us as we had no definite plans other than to get to New York and checkin to our hotel. We had booked 2 rooms at the Doubletree by Hilton on 128 W 29th Street. It is within walking distance of Penn Station. What a sight we must have looked, 6 adults all in a line with 6 large cases and 3 smaller striding down 7th Avenue on a very cold Thursday in March. Once we arrived at the hotel we discovered that the 2 double rooms we had booked were not available and we were offered one double room and one king room with a rollout bed. for our inconvenience we were offered free buffet breakfast for the whole group.. more about this later. These rooms were ready and we could dump our stuff and go exploring. Continue reading... Review of 9 night Eastern Caribbean

Norwegian Jade Mediterranean / Holy Land Cruise by canehdn
Background DH and I from the Midwest travelling with cousin and DH from Canada. Primary reason for booking this cruise was Israel and Egypt, so goes w/o saying we were extremely disappointed Egypt was dropped from the itinerary. Had an opportunity to cancel but decided to keep our booking and don't regret it. We spent many hours researching our ports of call and decided to book our tours privately. The tour companies we worked with came highly recommended both by Trip Advisor members as well as Cruise Critic members, and would highly recommend any one of them. Getting There We booked our cruise 8 months out ... cousin booked through an online cruise site and I used a local TA. From the time we booked to final payment, the price went down several times. Airfare was expensive. The cruise was departing from Civitavecchia, Italy on Saturday and we spent a couple of pre-cruise days exploring Rome. We left the States on Wednesday, and arrived in Rome on Thursday. Our Philadelphia/Rome flight departed late and arrived late, but we were happy to see the limousine company we booked had a driver there waiting for us. Continue reading... Mediterranean / Holy Land Cruise

Westerdam LEISURELY CRUISE by Shooshoo
My husband and I have cruised over 20 times on numerous ships. This was our second time on Holland America. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale two days early. We had never been to Ft. Lauderdale before and we just wanted to sightsee. We took a cab from the Airport to the Embassy Suites on 17th St. Cost of cab was $14.50 for the two of us. Embassy Suites was nice and in a convenient location. However, it was very crowded. Obviously, it is a very popular hotel to stay in before your cruise as most people we met were going on a cruise. We took the River Taxi to Hollywood and to Las Olas. River Taxi was excellent. The narrators onboard were very friendly and had a lot of information regarding the area. Would highly recommend taking the Water Taxi in Ft. Lauderdale. We boarded the ship on Sunday. Getting on was very easy and went very smoothly. Was very impressed. We arrived at the port around 11:00 via Taxi. We were easily in our cabins by noon. Continue reading... LEISURELY CRUISE

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; April 4th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Ad Sponsored By