Bring Wine on board????

dottiesmom

From Carnival's "Welcome Aboard" brochure that comes with your documents:

".....Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board only during embarkation at the beginning fo the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room...."

At one time, it was spelled out that a bottle or two was allowed. I usually take two bottles for my cabin use, and buy a bottle or two in the dining room. I have taken wine to the dining room a few times, but have never been charged the corkage fee. It seems to be at the discretion of your waiter.

You can put it in your carry-on luggage, since it's allowed.:)

You will probably get conflicting responses from Carnival on this and conflicting answers on this board. We took two bottles of wine in our carry on and nothing was said. The official policy may be one bottle per person. I think you would be fine at 1-2 bottles per person. From the Carnival FAQ:

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.

Fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation only. If the wine and/or champagne is brought to the Dining room for consumption, a $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged to the guest; otherwise, the guest may only drink the wine and/or champagne in the privacy of a stateroom. The wine and/or champagne may NOT be brought into any other public lounge or area.

Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. Excessive quantities, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or the embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded.

How much wine can you bring on board and how is the best way to get it on the ship?

Just got off the Miracle and I took 2 bottles of wine in a carry-on.

I also had about 30 cans of coke/diet coke and about 10 bottles of water in the same carry-on.

Took it through security, no problem.

I know this has been discussed, but I don't remember the answer. If I'm bring wine onboard, do I need to bring a corkscrew in my checked luggage or will the cabin steward find me one to use in my room.

Trish

Trish, I just take my own small corkscrew - the type they give you at liquor stores. The steward would probably locate one for you, but I just always felt he had enough to do. EZ to take your own.:)

I don't think Carnival actually tries to apply the term "fine". I really don't even know why they state "fine". You would be "fine" taking Boone's Farm :D

I really didn't think so. It just seemed so silly to put in the word "fine".

I think they use the term 'fine wine' to dissuade folks from bringing screw-on topped bottles to the dining room.

Funny thought - Can you imagine the Maitre 'd having a look of horror:eek: if someone brought a BOX of wine to the dining room? Oh my.

On our Legend cruise my wife and I EACH brought on 3-4 bottles of wine/champagne (in our carry-on luggage). I think I had 1 more than my wife - following the x-ray they asked me to open my bag... I did, they looked - and said "OK". (looking for HARD stuff, I would assume)

Tom

So last night I was packing for my trip this coming Sunday. I want to bring a bottle of wine on board but I am afraid if I leave it in my carry on they will take it from me. But I am afraid to leave the bottle in my luggage because the suitcase will probably be thrown around. Does anyone know the policy on the plane? Am I able to bring a bottle of wine on the plane with me?

Last year on the Legend I just carried my wine and liquor in my suit case but I wasn't worried about the bottle breaking cause I didn't have to take a plane.

If you uncork your bottle prior to entering the dining room will they still charge your a corkage fee?

It would be in poor taste to take an opened bottle of wine to the dining room.;)

if you put liquor in your checked bag will it go through? also, how tight are they when looking through your bag? can a water bottle be filled with something other than water? can anyone give me some tips on how to sneak stuff in. thanks.

If I carry 1 bottle of wine in my carry on - on the cruise ship will they take it away? I noticed one person said no but was that the luck of the draw or has anyone else been able to carry wine on board?

Please go back to the top and read the first few posts on this thread.:rolleyes:

I think they use the term 'fine wine' to dissuade folks from bringing screw-on topped bottles to the dining room.

My favorite line from "The Muppet Movie" (Steve Martin, spoken to Kermit and Miss Piggy in a restaurant): "Would you like to sniff ze bottle cap?"

Does anyone know the policy on the plane? Am I able to bring a bottle of wine on the plane with me?

See my post in the flying with wine thread.

Each airline has their own policy on packing line and booze. Usually they are okay with sealed beer and wine in the original container in either carryon or checked, within weight limits. For booze, some require it in carryon, some checked, and there is a limit to total liters and also a maximum proof allowed.

I carried on two bottles, dropped everything off at the room, then went right back out to the port and picked up a few more bottles (I'd forgotten to mail a postcard) and brought those on board also. Second time boarding was a breeze, no waiting in line.

We got busted for uncorking our own wine in the dining room :o On the very last night of the cruise. Not trying to be cheap, just got tired of waiting for them to come around with a corkscrew.

if you put liquor in your checked bag will it go through? also, how tight are they when looking through your bag? can a water bottle be filled with something other than water? can anyone give me some tips on how to sneak stuff in. thanks.

My experience with the Conquest in April is that there is absolutely no need to be sneaky. Just buy the best plastic bottled booze you can.

Good Morning Everyone

Last January on the Victory I had a bottle of wine that I bought in Miami wrapped in a ziploc bag, wrapped in bubble wrap and then a towel. Placed it in my one suitcase. Then I had a bottle in my carryon with my swimsuits.

I did not bring a cork screw with me for security resons.

I left the bottles on the vanity and the room steward brought us wine glasses and a corkscrew without asking. On the first formal night we brought the wine to the table ( by the way this was also our first night in the dining room ) the wait staff, took it and opened it. also recorked it for the next evening.

DH slipped the server $ 10.00 not knowing there could be a corkage fee.

LOL

And there wasn't...

Next time I may bring champagne... And Wine and ............:)

Archived