Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Spain Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Spain Ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville

Old April 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Barcelona Baggage Storage

Me and my family (4 of us) will be ending our Norwegian spirit cruise in Barcelona and only have a very short time there as our flight is at 12:15 (unfortunately we cannot change it) and we dock at 5:00am and we are wondering about luggage. We are at a crossroads whether to go straight to the airport with bags and stay there till our flight or carry them around with us or store the luggage somewhere so that we can visit the city for a few short hours. Any help would be great!

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Barcelona luggage Not sure if anybody has posted along these lines before, but what do you do with luggage in Barcelona if you have time to spare?

This was the question we had when we returned off Solstice today but our flight out was not until 4.30

We had planned to take our luggage to Sants station and use luggage lockers there so that we could wander round Barcelona for a few hours.

However on coming out of the cruise terminal we came across DW warehouse at the entrance just inside the terminal and decided to give them a try

For just under €9 per case they took our luggage and delivered it to the Airport where we picked it up some 5 hours later.

A great service that we thought we would share and that no-one (including Celebrity) told us about.

Their web site is [url]www.deliverywarehouse.es but advance booking was not necessary.

Old April 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoDutch View Post
Barcelona luggage Not sure if anybody has posted along these lines before, but what do you do with luggage in Barcelona if you have time to spare?

This was the question we had when we returned off Solstice today but our flight out was not until 4.30

We had planned to take our luggage to Sants station and use luggage lockers there so that we could wander round Barcelona for a few hours.

However on coming out of the cruise terminal we came across DW warehouse at the entrance just inside the terminal and decided to give them a try

For just under €9 per case they took our luggage and delivered it to the Airport where we picked it up some 5 hours later.

A great service that we thought we would share and that no-one (including Celebrity) told us about.

Their web site is [url]www.deliverywarehouse.es but advance booking was not necessary.

Thanks for that information.

It sounds really useful. Is it new? I had not heard of this before.

If you don't mind, I would like to add this to my Barcelona information pages. I'm sure lots of people here on CC would be interested in that.

Can you give any more details? Where exactly did you leave your luggage - was it inside the terminal? Did they speak English? How easy was it to find them/your luggage at the airport?

I can't see any mention of prices on their website. Was there a minimum number of bags?

Past cruises
1 P&O, 1 Radisson (now Regent), 2 NCL, 3 Festival (no longer exists), 4 RCI, 6 Windstar, 9 HAL

HAL

RCI Platinum

Our webpage (cruise photos, recipes and more)

Barcelona information pages

Last edited by English_in_Spain; April 10th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.

Old April 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Great info!

Our plane does not leave Barcelona until 9pm. So we have the whole day to tour Barcelona. We were planning on storing our luggage at Sants station. But DW warehouse sounds very convenient.
Their webpage doesn’t give much information. No info on where they are exactly and how much they charge. Where at the airport do you pick up your luggage and can you do that anytime? Also I think it very strange that a company like that does not put their email adress on the homepage. Has anyone else used them ?

@LetsGoDutch
When did you use their service ?

Old April 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi there!

Just thought I would let you know about DW Warehouse. We used their service yesterday after getting off Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona. They are just outside the Terminal on the left hand side. We payed 10 Euros per bag and they took our luggage and we picked it up at the Airport outside Terminal 1 (where the taxis and the Aerobus stop). Very convenient and for us worth paying a bit more than any lockers.

This is their email adress info@deliverywarehouse.es
But there is no need to book in advance.
Hope it helps some of you

Old April 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bug View Post
Hi there!

Just thought I would let you know about DW Warehouse. We used their service yesterday after getting off Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona. They are just outside the Terminal on the left hand side. We payed 10 Euros per bag and they took our luggage and we picked it up at the Airport outside Terminal 1 (where the taxis and the Aerobus stop). Very convenient and for us worth paying a bit more than any lockers.

Thanks so much for coming on here with this information. We plan to use them in June. Do you think 10 Euros a bag is the usual price or was it a special offer?

Old July 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default ? new Barcelona luggage storage near port

A Barcelona resident posted this on Tripadvisor:

"hello there! to anyone who will be interested, there is a new luggage storage near Barcelona Port.
Hastavuelo. World Trade Center, Local 01.02, Moll de Barcelona.
Open everyday from 10 a.m to 8 p.m .
6,50 euros/day.They have airport and port delivery service too (included in the fee)."

Does anyone know exactly where this storage place is located?

Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:14 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by epixx View Post
A Barcelona resident posted this on Tripadvisor:

"hello there! to anyone who will be interested, there is a new luggage storage near Barcelona Port.
Hastavuelo. World Trade Center, Local 01.02, Moll de Barcelona.
Open everyday from 10 a.m to 8 p.m .
6,50 euros/day.They have airport and port delivery service too (included in the fee)."

Does anyone know exactly where this storage place is located?

I just went to their website They are situated at the World Trade Centre near the Hotel Eurostars Grand Marina. This seems to me useful for anyone whose ship is at the WTC port (normally only small ships).

I cannot see anywhere on their webpage that suggests they can deliver to the airport and it actually says "* In no event will HASTAVUELO deliver your luggage to the Cruise port terminal."

To me it seems that DW Consigna first mentioned above provide a much more useful service.

Could this 'Barcelona resident' who posted this on Tripadvisor have a vested interest in the company

Since this thread was first started I have included details of DW Consigna on my webpage under what to do with your luggage

Past cruises
1 P&O, 1 Radisson (now Regent), 2 NCL, 3 Festival (no longer exists), 4 RCI, 6 Windstar, 9 HAL

HAL

RCI Platinum

Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

An alternative on offer is Locker Barcelona. www.lockerbarcelona.com. We used them recently. Took at taxi direct to their depot just off P. Catalunya. The staff were friendly and efficient and spoke English. We then walked to P. Catalunya to get the HoHo bus and on our return picked up our luggage and got a taxi from P.Catalunya to the airport. Slightly off topic but at Locker Barcelona you could check in and print off flight boarding cards for 1 euro.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bug View Post
Hi there!

Had thought of trying them but were not sure how often they delivered to the airport. Do they give you a time slot in which to pick up your luggage?

Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:58 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courier95 View Post
Had thought of trying them but were not sure how often they delivered to the airport. Do they give you a time slot in which to pick up your luggage?
They take your luggage from you at the cruise terminal and you agree a time with them (up to 9pm) to collect it at the airport outside Terminal 1

Past cruises

HAL

RCI Platinum

Old July 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

We disembarked Disney and in the cruise terminal (Dock C) where we picked up our luggage (delivered by the ship) was a counter that offered luggage storage. I didn't note the fee, but this "in terminal" storage was not mentioned before our cruise.

Had I known it was available, I would have planned our disembarkation day very differently (and saved a ton of money).

Old July 18th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default luggage storage port

I don´t know if this can be useful, but I actually have used HastaVuelo sevice. A girl in other travellers forum recommended that to me and I decided to give them a try. I have heard about DW too, but they charge more.
The HastaVuelo people were in an office inside the South Terminal and I had no problem leaving my things there, it was very close to my cruise.

Hope it helps!

Old July 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Some cruise ships will offer a package where they provide a tour of Barcelona and then drop you and your luggage off at the airport.

Old July 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Absolutely brilliant ! ! !
Thanks ... this made my day
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoDutch View Post

Old July 30th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you everyone for the information on Delivery Warehouse, looks like we will probably use this when we disembark next month!
Has anyone been recently that can confirm they are still doing the promotion offer of 10 Euros?
I wouldn't mind 10, but 19 euros is a bit steep!
Also, i've noticed on this website that it states "Pick-up time: 8am-5pm" but we dock at 5am. Would we have to hang around and wait for them or do they alter the times depending on what ships are docked?

Thanks,

Future Cruises

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Past Cruises

Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise

Picture album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=c8e24da07c

Last edited by Riggy84; July 30th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.

Old July 30th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggy84 View Post
Thank you everyone for the information on Delivery Warehouse, looks like we will probably use this when we disembark next month!
Has anyone been recently that can confirm they are still doing the promotion offer of 10 Euros?
I wouldn't mind 10, but 19 euros is a bit steep!
Also, i've noticed on this website that it states "Pick-up time: 8am-5pm" but we dock at 5am. Would we have to hang around and wait for them or do they alter the times depending on what ships are docked?

Thanks,
Yes it is still €10 a bag (actually €9.90). To be sure to get this price I suggest you book in advance.

It is true that they do not pick up until 8am but, even docking at 5am, you can stay on the ship (most cruise lines) until 8am and have a nice leisurely breakfast. Then leave the ship, pick up your bags and give them to DW. You are then free to sightsee around Barcelona until it is time for your flight. We did it and it was great.

Last edited by RollieUK; July 30th, 2013 at 06:05 AM.

Old September 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

OK, so i used this service this morning and i must say i'm impressed!
We arrived just after 8.30 and they were very easy to spot, just to the left of the exit doors to the port terminal. In fact you will probably walk past it to get to the shuttle bus!
The cost was advertised at 10 Euros per person.
Be prepared to have your flight details handy though, that was the only part i wasn't prepared for so had to turn data roaming on to find the flight number!
They advise you collect your luggage 2 hours before your flight and Give you a leaflet with a map and directions to where their van was located (right near the shuttle bus if you are on T1).
We were 10 mins early for our pick up time and our luggage was already loaded on a trolley ready for us!
I would highly recommend this service! We didn't pre-book, and it didn't seem like there would be a need to.
Any questions, just ask!

Future Cruises

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Past Cruises

Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggy84 View Post
OK, so i used this service this morning and i must say i'm impressed!
We arrived just after 8.30 and they were very easy to spot, just to the left of the exit doors to the port terminal. In fact you will probably walk past it to get to the shuttle bus!
The cost was advertised at 10 Euros per person.
Be prepared to have your flight details handy though, that was the only part i wasn't prepared for so had to turn data roaming on to find the flight number!
They advise you collect your luggage 2 hours before your flight and Give you a leaflet with a map and directions to where their van was located (right near the shuttle bus if you are on T1).
We were 10 mins early for our pick up time and our luggage was already loaded on a trolley ready for us!
I would highly recommend this service! We didn't pre-book, and it didn't seem like there would be a need to.
Any questions, just ask!
This sounds fabulous - just to clarify they are definitely at the Moll d' terminal (and not the one next to the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel)......but which terminal were you at or do they have an office at each terminal??
RCI Oasis of the Seas 9/14 Western Med

RCI x 14.
Celebrity x 9.
Azamara x 4.
NCL x 3.
Windstar x 1.
Cunard x 1.
Nord Deutsche Lloyd Hessenstein x 1.
P&O x 1.
Grimaldi Siosa x 1

Old October 6th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by little britain View Post
This sounds fabulous - just to clarify they are definitely at the Moll d' terminal (and not the one next to the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel)......but which terminal were you at or do they have an office at each terminal??
Sorry, are we talking about the port or airport terminal?
When we left the terminal at the port they were right outside before you get to the shuttle bus service.
I don't know where the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel is.
We sailed on the Norwegian Epic but i would assume they would have a stand outside each terminal that is disembarking that day.
They drop off at the airport terminal 1. I don't think they drop off at the other terminal.

Future Cruises

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Past Cruises