Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Spain Ports
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Spain Ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM
mscoldchaser mscoldchaser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: England
Posts: 6
Default Barcelona Baggage Storage

Me and my family (4 of us) will be ending our Norwegian spirit cruise in Barcelona and only have a very short time there as our flight is at 12:15 (unfortunately we cannot change it) and we dock at 5:00am and we are wondering about luggage. We are at a crossroads whether to go straight to the airport with bags and stay there till our flight or carry them around with us or store the luggage somewhere so that we can visit the city for a few short hours. Any help would be great!
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM
LetsGoDutch LetsGoDutch is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Abbotsford, BC Canada
Posts: 75
Default

Barcelona luggage Not sure if anybody has posted along these lines before, but what do you do with luggage in Barcelona if you have time to spare?

This was the question we had when we returned off Solstice today but our flight out was not until 4.30

We had planned to take our luggage to Sants station and use luggage lockers there so that we could wander round Barcelona for a few hours.

However on coming out of the cruise terminal we came across DW warehouse at the entrance just inside the terminal and decided to give them a try

For just under €9 per case they took our luggage and delivered it to the Airport where we picked it up some 5 hours later.

A great service that we thought we would share and that no-one (including Celebrity) told us about.

Their web site is [url]www.deliverywarehouse.es but advance booking was not necessary.


Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old April 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM
English_in_Spain's Avatar
English_in_Spain English_in_Spain is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alicante, Spain
Posts: 5,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoDutch View Post
Barcelona luggage Not sure if anybody has posted along these lines before, but what do you do with luggage in Barcelona if you have time to spare?

This was the question we had when we returned off Solstice today but our flight out was not until 4.30

We had planned to take our luggage to Sants station and use luggage lockers there so that we could wander round Barcelona for a few hours.

However on coming out of the cruise terminal we came across DW warehouse at the entrance just inside the terminal and decided to give them a try

For just under €9 per case they took our luggage and delivered it to the Airport where we picked it up some 5 hours later.

A great service that we thought we would share and that no-one (including Celebrity) told us about.

Their web site is [url]www.deliverywarehouse.es but advance booking was not necessary.


Thanks for that information.

It sounds really useful. Is it new? I had not heard of this before.

If you don't mind, I would like to add this to my Barcelona information pages. I'm sure lots of people here on CC would be interested in that.

Can you give any more details? Where exactly did you leave your luggage - was it inside the terminal? Did they speak English? How easy was it to find them/your luggage at the airport?

I can't see any mention of prices on their website. Was there a minimum number of bags?

__________________
Carol

Past cruises
1 P&O, 1 Radisson (now Regent), 2 NCL, 3 Festival (no longer exists), 4 RCI, 6 Windstar, 9 HAL

HAL

RCI Platinum



Our webpage (cruise photos, recipes and more)

Barcelona information pages


Last edited by English_in_Spain; April 10th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM
2bug 2bug is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22
Default

Great info!

Our plane does not leave Barcelona until 9pm. So we have the whole day to tour Barcelona. We were planning on storing our luggage at Sants station. But DW warehouse sounds very convenient.
Their webpage doesn’t give much information. No info on where they are exactly and how much they charge. Where at the airport do you pick up your luggage and can you do that anytime? Also I think it very strange that a company like that does not put their email adress on the homepage. Has anyone else used them ?

@LetsGoDutch
When did you use their service ?
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:03 AM
2bug 2bug is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22
Default

Hi there!

Just thought I would let you know about DW Warehouse. We used their service yesterday after getting off Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona. They are just outside the Terminal on the left hand side. We payed 10 Euros per bag and they took our luggage and we picked it up at the Airport outside Terminal 1 (where the taxis and the Aerobus stop). Very convenient and for us worth paying a bit more than any lockers.

This is their email adress info@deliverywarehouse.es
But there is no need to book in advance.
Hope it helps some of you
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Courier95 Courier95 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wiltshire, England
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bug View Post
Hi there!

Just thought I would let you know about DW Warehouse. We used their service yesterday after getting off Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona. They are just outside the Terminal on the left hand side. We payed 10 Euros per bag and they took our luggage and we picked it up at the Airport outside Terminal 1 (where the taxis and the Aerobus stop). Very convenient and for us worth paying a bit more than any lockers.

This is their email adress info@deliverywarehouse.es
But there is no need to book in advance.
Hope it helps some of you
Thanks so much for coming on here with this information. We plan to use them in June. Do you think 10 Euros a bag is the usual price or was it a special offer?
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
epixx epixx is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,507
Default ? new Barcelona luggage storage near port

A Barcelona resident posted this on Tripadvisor:



"hello there! to anyone who will be interested, there is a new luggage storage near Barcelona Port.
Hastavuelo. World Trade Center, Local 01.02, Moll de Barcelona.
Open everyday from 10 a.m to 8 p.m .
6,50 euros/day.They have airport and port delivery service too (included in the fee)."






Does anyone know exactly where this storage place is located?
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:14 AM
English_in_Spain's Avatar
English_in_Spain English_in_Spain is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alicante, Spain
Posts: 5,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epixx View Post
A Barcelona resident posted this on Tripadvisor:



"hello there! to anyone who will be interested, there is a new luggage storage near Barcelona Port.
Hastavuelo. World Trade Center, Local 01.02, Moll de Barcelona.
Open everyday from 10 a.m to 8 p.m .
6,50 euros/day.They have airport and port delivery service too (included in the fee)."

Does anyone know exactly where this storage place is located?

I just went to their website They are situated at the World Trade Centre near the Hotel Eurostars Grand Marina. This seems to me useful for anyone whose ship is at the WTC port (normally only small ships).

I cannot see anywhere on their webpage that suggests they can deliver to the airport and it actually says "* In no event will HASTAVUELO deliver your luggage to the Cruise port terminal."

To me it seems that DW Consigna first mentioned above provide a much more useful service.

Could this 'Barcelona resident' who posted this on Tripadvisor have a vested interest in the company

Since this thread was first started I have included details of DW Consigna on my webpage under what to do with your luggage

__________________
Carol

Past cruises
1 P&O, 1 Radisson (now Regent), 2 NCL, 3 Festival (no longer exists), 4 RCI, 6 Windstar, 9 HAL

HAL

RCI Platinum



Our webpage (cruise photos, recipes and more)

Barcelona information pages

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:31 AM
Courier95 Courier95 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wiltshire, England
Posts: 332
Default

An alternative on offer is Locker Barcelona. www.lockerbarcelona.com. We used them recently. Took at taxi direct to their depot just off P. Catalunya. The staff were friendly and efficient and spoke English. We then walked to P. Catalunya to get the HoHo bus and on our return picked up our luggage and got a taxi from P.Catalunya to the airport. Slightly off topic but at Locker Barcelona you could check in and print off flight boarding cards for 1 euro.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:34 AM
Courier95 Courier95 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wiltshire, England
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bug View Post
Hi there!

Just thought I would let you know about DW Warehouse. We used their service yesterday after getting off Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona. They are just outside the Terminal on the left hand side. We payed 10 Euros per bag and they took our luggage and we picked it up at the Airport outside Terminal 1 (where the taxis and the Aerobus stop). Very convenient and for us worth paying a bit more than any lockers.

This is their email adress info@deliverywarehouse.es
But there is no need to book in advance.
Hope it helps some of you
Had thought of trying them but were not sure how often they delivered to the airport. Do they give you a time slot in which to pick up your luggage?
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old July 2nd, 2013, 03:58 AM
English_in_Spain's Avatar
English_in_Spain English_in_Spain is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alicante, Spain
Posts: 5,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courier95 View Post
Had thought of trying them but were not sure how often they delivered to the airport. Do they give you a time slot in which to pick up your luggage?
They take your luggage from you at the cruise terminal and you agree a time with them (up to 9pm) to collect it at the airport outside Terminal 1

__________________
Carol

Past cruises
1 P&O, 1 Radisson (now Regent), 2 NCL, 3 Festival (no longer exists), 4 RCI, 6 Windstar, 9 HAL

HAL

RCI Platinum



Our webpage (cruise photos, recipes and more)

Barcelona information pages

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old July 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
MaddieEms MaddieEms is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 83
Default

We disembarked Disney and in the cruise terminal (Dock C) where we picked up our luggage (delivered by the ship) was a counter that offered luggage storage. I didn't note the fee, but this "in terminal" storage was not mentioned before our cruise.

Had I known it was available, I would have planned our disembarkation day very differently (and saved a ton of money).
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:01 AM
ally30 ally30 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Default luggage storage port

I don´t know if this can be useful, but I actually have used HastaVuelo sevice. A girl in other travellers forum recommended that to me and I decided to give them a try. I have heard about DW too, but they charge more.
The HastaVuelo people were in an office inside the South Terminal and I had no problem leaving my things there, it was very close to my cruise.

Hope it helps!
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM
mskaufman's Avatar
mskaufman mskaufman is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Columbia, MD USA
Posts: 1,512
Default

Some cruise ships will offer a package where they provide a tour of Barcelona and then drop you and your luggage off at the airport.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old July 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Bykrunski's Avatar
Bykrunski Bykrunski is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 186
Default

Absolutely brilliant ! ! !
Thanks ... this made my day
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoDutch View Post
Barcelona luggage Not sure if anybody has posted along these lines before, but what do you do with luggage in Barcelona if you have time to spare?

This was the question we had when we returned off Solstice today but our flight out was not until 4.30

We had planned to take our luggage to Sants station and use luggage lockers there so that we could wander round Barcelona for a few hours.

However on coming out of the cruise terminal we came across DW warehouse at the entrance just inside the terminal and decided to give them a try

For just under €9 per case they took our luggage and delivered it to the Airport where we picked it up some 5 hours later.

A great service that we thought we would share and that no-one (including Celebrity) told us about.

Their web site is [url]www.deliverywarehouse.es but advance booking was not necessary.

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Riggy84's Avatar
Riggy84 Riggy84 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 596
Default

Thank you everyone for the information on Delivery Warehouse, looks like we will probably use this when we disembark next month!
Has anyone been recently that can confirm they are still doing the promotion offer of 10 Euros?
I wouldn't mind 10, but 19 euros is a bit steep!
Also, i've noticed on this website that it states "Pick-up time: 8am-5pm" but we dock at 5am. Would we have to hang around and wait for them or do they alter the times depending on what ships are docked?

Thanks,
__________________
~Sarah~

Future Cruises

Cruise Countdown Tickers


Past Cruises

Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise


Picture album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=c8e24da07c

Last edited by Riggy84; July 30th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old July 30th, 2013, 06:01 AM
RollieUK's Avatar
RollieUK RollieUK is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Anglia, UK
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggy84 View Post
Thank you everyone for the information on Delivery Warehouse, looks like we will probably use this when we disembark next month!
Has anyone been recently that can confirm they are still doing the promotion offer of 10 Euros?
I wouldn't mind 10, but 19 euros is a bit steep!
Also, i've noticed on this website that it states "Pick-up time: 8am-5pm" but we dock at 5am. Would we have to hang around and wait for them or do they alter the times depending on what ships are docked?

Thanks,
Yes it is still €10 a bag (actually €9.90). To be sure to get this price I suggest you book in advance.

It is true that they do not pick up until 8am but, even docking at 5am, you can stay on the ship (most cruise lines) until 8am and have a nice leisurely breakfast. Then leave the ship, pick up your bags and give them to DW. You are then free to sightsee around Barcelona until it is time for your flight. We did it and it was great.

Last edited by RollieUK; July 30th, 2013 at 06:05 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old September 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
Riggy84's Avatar
Riggy84 Riggy84 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 596
Default

OK, so i used this service this morning and i must say i'm impressed!
We arrived just after 8.30 and they were very easy to spot, just to the left of the exit doors to the port terminal. In fact you will probably walk past it to get to the shuttle bus!
The cost was advertised at 10 Euros per person.
Be prepared to have your flight details handy though, that was the only part i wasn't prepared for so had to turn data roaming on to find the flight number!
They advise you collect your luggage 2 hours before your flight and Give you a leaflet with a map and directions to where their van was located (right near the shuttle bus if you are on T1).
We were 10 mins early for our pick up time and our luggage was already loaded on a trolley ready for us!
I would highly recommend this service! We didn't pre-book, and it didn't seem like there would be a need to.
Any questions, just ask!
__________________
~Sarah~

Future Cruises

Cruise Countdown Tickers


Past Cruises

Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise


Picture album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=c8e24da07c
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old October 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
little britain's Avatar
little britain little britain is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: West Sussex, England
Posts: 3,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggy84 View Post
OK, so i used this service this morning and i must say i'm impressed!
We arrived just after 8.30 and they were very easy to spot, just to the left of the exit doors to the port terminal. In fact you will probably walk past it to get to the shuttle bus!
The cost was advertised at 10 Euros per person.
Be prepared to have your flight details handy though, that was the only part i wasn't prepared for so had to turn data roaming on to find the flight number!
They advise you collect your luggage 2 hours before your flight and Give you a leaflet with a map and directions to where their van was located (right near the shuttle bus if you are on T1).
We were 10 mins early for our pick up time and our luggage was already loaded on a trolley ready for us!
I would highly recommend this service! We didn't pre-book, and it didn't seem like there would be a need to.
Any questions, just ask!
This sounds fabulous - just to clarify they are definitely at the Moll d' terminal (and not the one next to the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel)......but which terminal were you at or do they have an office at each terminal??
__________________
RCI Allure of the Seas 10/15 TransAtlantic
RCI Anthem of the Seas 5/15 Paris & Bruges
RCI Quantum of the Seas 11/14 TransAtlantic
RCI Oasis of the Seas 9/14 Western Med


RCI x 14.
Celebrity x 9.
Azamara x 4.
NCL x 3.
Windstar x 1.
Cunard x 1.
Nord Deutsche Lloyd Hessenstein x 1.
P&O x 1.
Grimaldi Siosa x 1
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old October 6th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Riggy84's Avatar
Riggy84 Riggy84 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by little britain View Post
This sounds fabulous - just to clarify they are definitely at the Moll d' terminal (and not the one next to the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel)......but which terminal were you at or do they have an office at each terminal??
Sorry, are we talking about the port or airport terminal?
When we left the terminal at the port they were right outside before you get to the shuttle bus service.
I don't know where the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel is.
We sailed on the Norwegian Epic but i would assume they would have a stand outside each terminal that is disembarking that day.
They drop off at the airport terminal 1. I don't think they drop off at the other terminal.
__________________
~Sarah~

Future Cruises

Cruise Countdown Tickers


Past Cruises

Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise


Picture album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=c8e24da07c
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.