Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old April 11th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by MediGatoRx, mad4scrapping, CDR S, guru66 & j91!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Jewel of the Seas 2nd Spring Break on Jewel by MediGatoRx
This was my 5th overall cruise, 2nd on Royal. Went with my wife, daughter and sister as all were on spring break. We're locals so there was no air travel or hotel stays involved. We continue to LOVE cruising out of Tampa. It's close, drop off is a breeze, and self-park is easy. Even the valet attendants weren't pushy! Security screening, check-in and boarding again took all of 15 minutes! Last year we sailed on the same cruise (although on a slightly different itinerary) with my parents and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. This time, while still enjoyable, we had a few disappointments. As mentioned in another review, the weather was not the best. The day before departure, a cold front went through and quite a bit of wind was left behind. Upon entering the Gulf, the seas picked up and we rocked and rolled for 2 and a half days! Heck, it even took the pilot about 30-45 minutes to get off the ship once we left the channel! Fortunately, none of us were affected but the staff strategically placed barf bags throughout the ship and they were steadily disappearing. The motion of the ship also made putt putt quite interesting! Continue reading... 2nd Spring Break on Jewel

Viking Odin Awesome Windmills and Tulips (not so many tulips) cruise by mad4scrapping
Background Information -- this was our first river cruise after many ocean cruises with the kids. This time, it was just my husband and I. I have to say, I may never do another ocean cruise. I loved the river cruise so much more! Between the intimate size of the ship, the excellent shore excursions and the up close exposure to local culture and history, this was by far the best cruise we ever took. We chose the Windmills and Tulips tour because Holland was on my husband's bucket list. Not mine. This turned out to be a good thing, as I did not have unrealistic expectations for this trip. But the trip far exceeded my expectations. We saw lots of windmills, but no tulips on the fields. Holland was experiencing its coldest winter in 60 years! Fortunately, my husband and I brought warm clothes and long underwear. Continue reading... Awesome Windmills and Tulips (not so many tulips) cruise

Celebrity Equinox 11 night ultimate Caribbean cruise 25 March-05 April by CDR S
There is no doubt upon arriving at the terminal, seeing the beautiful Equinox you can expect great things. She is three and a half years old and looks magnificent. The best way to offer meaningful commentary is to address each element separately. Embarkation as many other passengers have commented, this process was outstanding. We were aqua class room 1650, 11th deck starboard side aft. From the time of arrival to the terminal at 11:20 to being on board was 15 minutes. That said, our next objective should have been to make a bee line for the Oceanview cafe. The stateroom hallways were sealed off so roaming the ship or beginning the inevitable weight gain process at Oceanview were the only options. By the time we elected to get a bite to eat at 1230, there was absolutely NO place to sit. We were with another couple and eventually found separate seating. The rooms were available at 1:15. Continue reading... 11 night ultimate Caribbean cruise 25 March-05 April

Norwegian Jewel NCL Bahamas out NYC....excellent week! by guru66
To tell you the truth I was not expecting much after reading reviews here but actually glad I went expecting little because it made it that much better. We live an hour outside the city in NJ drove in to city around 10 and parked at Alliance on W 43rd st after dropping off wife and 2 sons (3 & 6 yrs old) (10 min walk to terminal) I chose this option simply because I didn't want to lug our baggage so dropping off to porter was easier. We had a penthouse family 2 BR suite so priority embarking was smooth and took us all but 5 minutes after returning from parking to be on the ship. Went straight to Cagneys for lunch which was great then to the cabin which was ready about 1pm. We have cruised once Western Carib on Carnival Liberty 3 years ago w/ my older son and had a small suite but it was nothing like this. I can see how these suites are the first to get booked. Complete privacy for all and tons of room not to mention the shower w/ all those jets and tub overlooking the ocean my wife and kids favorite part. Continue reading... NCL Bahamas out NYC....excellent week!

Splendour of the Seas Magnificent Cruise by j91
My family and I live in Long Island, New York, and over the last 17 years, my husband and I have lived in 4 different countries and traveled with our children to Australia, Asia, and Europe. We have cruised before in the Caribbean, and through Hong Kong, Singapore, and Vietnam. Our children are now 11 and 8, and are very well traveled, having been to Iceland, Spain, Germany, Austria, the above-mentioned places in Asia and Australia, and all over the United States. With this trip, they can now add South America to their list of travel experiences. When we arrived in South America, we did some pre-cruise traveling, but stayed the night before the cruise at the Sheraton WTC in Sao Paulo. The hotel is attached to a mall and a lovely food court with many restaurants is directly accessible from the lobby. Continue reading... Magnificent Cruise

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; April 11th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.