“Live” from the "Jewel of the Seas": April 13-April 18,2013

Hello everyone…

Welcome to "Live" from the "Jewel of the Seas!"

I'm excited to begin another “Live” cruise report from Royal Caribbean's beautiful Jewel of the Seas as I travel another cruise adventure! I'm extremely excited to be boarding the Jewel before she leaves the Port of Tampa for her new port of San Juan in May. I had originally planned to cruise on the Jewel as a last minute cruise this past December taking my DM on a cruise whilst she was here visiting in Florida, but ended up taking her on the Carnival Ecstasy instead. The price I got for the Carnival Ecstasy was to good to pass up and it was the first cruise ship I've sailed a few years back, so it seemed right to sail her again before her retirement. Click HERE for my Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report: Dec 3-8,2012.

I'm excited to be cruising solo this trip as I've found that cruising solo is so much fun and my preferred method of cruising. My last solo cruise this past November sealed that deal. Click HERE to view my previous "Live" solo cruise adventure aboard the Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B: Nov 8-17,2012. My very first "Live" cruise report was last July and is located Here when I was aboard the RCCL- Monarch of the seas: July 20-23, 2012.

Tomorrow morning, Saturday, April 13, 2013 I'll venture from my home here in Tampa and board the Jewel of the Seas at the Port of Tampa. (Long drive, ouch!)

Our itinerary during the next 5 days and 5 nights:

jewelitinary_zpsda377032.jpg

One thing I'm looking forward to seeing on the Jewel are the many open areas that open out to the sea throughout the ship. I've seen this written in many reviews and RCCL's website make note of it in regards to the Radiance class ships: "We built the Radiance class to let the sights of the sea be the star. Every ship has soaring, sunlit spaces, glass elevators facing the ocean, and more balconies than you’d ever imagine – plus a Solarium pool surrounded by lush tropical foliage" I'm ready to experience this for myself.

My goal with my "Live" trip reports is to make it have a "feel" as though you the reader are on the cruise, whilst I don't always make that a success that has ultimately been my goal. Hopefully I'll be able to succeed with that during this "Live" trip report.

Drink Package

During this cruise I've pre-purchased the drink package and will try to give updates throughout the report of my experience with it. I'm sure I'll be trying many drinks too that I would normally never purchase. If I have a post and pictures that don't make any sense or really blurry pictures, please forgive me, I'm sure a drink or two or NINE may have had an influence. :-)

RCLDrinkPackage_zps349c9500.jpg

Welcome aboard! Sit back, relax with one of your favorite beverages as we watch, participate and begin a new cruise adventure.

Till a later time!

Where we are going:

jewelmap_zpsc83eb23d.jpg

Jewel of the seas: Ship statistics

Tons: 90,090

Length: 962 ft.

Decks: 13

Speed: 25 knots

Passenger: 2,501

Crew: 842

In Service: 2004

Ooo please will you let me know if there are freestyle coke machines? We are sailing on her in July

There were not as of last week, sorry. The kids didn't seem to mind having to have their drinks poured, compared to having the freestyle machines last time on Freedom.

Looking forward to it!!!

I'm looking forward to it too! We will be on her in May out of San Juan.

:subscribe: Just off Jewel last week, it'll be fun to see her through someone else's lens. Have great trip!

Looking forward to your review - we were on Jewel March 30, the ship is just lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, I hope you enjoy yours as well!!

OKay.

I'm cruising along with ya.

Arrghh.

Subscribed.

Ooo please will you let me know if there are freestyle coke machines? We are sailing on her in July

I can't wait to follow along with you. We sail her in September out of San Juan for my first cruise!

Thanks for following along, I should pack here at some point...ehh, will do that in the morning. :D

Have Fun!!!!!

Please Take Pictures, And Post, And Share With Us!!!

I plan to have as many pictures as possible and am in hopes the ships WiFi is MrFunInTheSun friendly. Not sure that my pictures will be able to live up to Radios, Gambee and Bugsy's quality but will do my best. :) Check out my previous "Live" trip reports, my format will be similar to them. Hoping to try a couple new things with this one.

My wife and I will be on this sailing as well.

The hubby and I will be on this cruise too!!!

It's going to be a great cruise. Who knows our paths could cross! Our ship is calling us.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

I am sailing the Jewel in May, so I am going to love this review!

Also I have a huge favor to ask. I am in room 1052, right beside the concierge lounge. I just moved to this room and I am nervous on how much of my balcony is visible from the lounge. Some have said that I will have no privacy. If you go to the concierge lounge will you peek out the window and tell me how bad it is?

Pulling up a chair!! I have never sailed Live on Jewel and very much looking forward to you taking us along!! thanks!

:D

Have only sailed on Celebrity until now. Thanks for letting me cruise along with you!

looking forward to it.................

Now it is the time to travel with you.

Thanks for following along!

If Shamila is still the supervisor in Windjammer' date=' you will have a phenomenal experience there. She runs the best WJ at sea. Try the omelet station! Enjoy![/quote']

Thanks for the tip, can't wait to try it, I love omelets!

Great - we will be doing the same cruise on the Jewel in two weeks, 4/27. Can't wait to read all your comments!!

I leave in June. So excited.

Have a great cruise on the Jewel! Thanks for following along!

I am sailing the Jewel in May, so I am going to love this review!

Also I have a huge favor to ask. I am in room 1052, right beside the concierge lounge. I just moved to this room and I am nervous on how much of my balcony is visible from the lounge. Some have said that I will have no privacy. If you go to the concierge lounge will you peek out the window and tell me how bad it is?

Have a great cruise! I'll see what I can do.

Hey, I'm going in this sailing too!! )

See you on board.

Off topic, but are we having a sail away party?

See you at the airport.. haha, well not really, I live in the opposite direction as the airport. Will see you on the ship, perhaps our paths will cross. Would have to assume there will be a sail away party, not sure that I've been on any ship that hasn't had one.

Once I'm aboard the ship I won't be able to do these multi quote responses like this. I will do my best while cruising to answer questions I can along the way. If I miss something I don't mean to and will try to answer upon my return. My post will be from my iPhone or iPad using tapatalk. I will have my bluetooth keyboard with me though so when I'm in the room will make it easier to type on my notepad.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun