My Island Breeze Picture Review. (4/7/13-4/13/13) Carnival Breeze

SPKEMO

Just off the Breeze and it was AWESOME!! This will be a staggered review with lots and lots of pictures. So lets get to it.

We were scheduled to fly out of LAX at 6 am on 4/6 on a direct flight into Miami. We arrived at the airport an hour early and were informed that we would miss our flight. Not a good start to the trip.

It cost my wife and I $75 each to get on the next flight. After being up for well over 24 hours there was not much more we could do then give a half hearted smile. Too tired to hold the camera still, it came out a little blurry just like our minds at that moment.

tumblr_mlb886IKEN1soq9zto1_500.jpg

After getting on a flight that left at 7:30 am PST we were able to get a little rest until our next stop, now a layover in Dallas, TX. We arrived at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport feeling relaxed and, now, ready for vacation. Our first stop was the airport bar for a much need refreshment.

tumblr_mlb886IKEN1soq9zto2_500.jpg

Nothing says 'vacation' like a $12 bloody mary at the airport.

After leaving Dallas we arrived in Miami and checked into our hotel, the Hyatt. The view from our room was great.

tumblr_mlb8d7XM8r1soq9zto1_500.jpg

We got ready and hit the town. Found a little gastro pub for a quick bite and then found a wine bar for some R & R.

There was a red carpet in the front of it so we had the door guy take this shot of us.

tumblr_mlb8d7XM8r1soq9zto3_500.jpg

We then proceeded in for a few glasses of wine.

tumblr_mlb8d7XM8r1soq9zto2_500.jpg

Smiles all around. Happy to finally be out of town.

After we left, we walked back to our hotel, took a shot of this cool looking hotel.

tumblr_mlb8d7XM8r1soq9zto4_500.jpg

Then it was off to bed. The cruise was tomorrow and we were thrilled!!

Getting on the ship was very quick and easy being a Platinum member. Once on board we made it to the room to toss in our carry on stuff.

We got a Deluxe Ocean View room. It was pretty nice. The 2 bathrooms was really great to have. I loved that my wife and I could both shower and get ready at the same time. Well not really the same time, my wife takes FOREVER to get ready. But it was great that I didn't have to wait for her.

tumblr_mlb8hzDAMB1soq9zto2_500.jpg

tumblr_mlb8hzDAMB1soq9zto1_500.jpg

No need to post a ton of pictures about the room. A cruise is about being outside of the room.

We made our way over to the Lido Deck and the 'Red Frog Rum Bar'

tumblr_mlb8lmery91soq9zto1_500.jpg

First order would be my first of many 'Thirsty Frog Ales'.

tumblr_mlb8lmery91soq9zto2_500.jpg

Our first drinks on the ship. What a feeling!

tumblr_mlb8lmery91soq9zto4_500.jpg

I tried to order some 'Pub Grub' but found out that it was only available downstairs on deck 5 at the Red Frog Pub. Bummer!

next---

Over to the Blue Iguana to enjoy some......live music.

tumblr_mlb8lmery91soq9zto3_500.jpg

tumblr_mlb8lmery91soq9zto5_500.jpg

Regardless of what some people have claimed, there is always some form of live music on the ship. Guitar players, piano players, full bands. There is still, very much, live music.

After enjoying the music for awhile it was time to go to the top decks to see what was going on.

The view of Miami was gorgeous from the ship.

tumblr_mlb8rzJopN1soq9zto1_500.jpg

The Lido Deck started to fill up.

tumblr_mlb8wzHrD01soq9zto3_500.jpg

With large masses standing around the Rum Bar

tumblr_mlb8wzHrD01soq9zto1_500.jpg

next----

Hunger began to set in as we made our way over for some pizza.

tumblr_mlb927GBEz1soq9zto1_400.jpg

tumblr_mlb927GBEz1soq9zto2_500.jpg

The fresh fruits and vegetables in a bowl became very apparent as the cruse progressed. It really gave a feel of 'freshness'. Was is fresh or was is not, who knows.

I ordered the Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza.

tumblr_mlb927GBEz1soq9zto4_500.jpg

He made it fresh and out it came.

tumblr_mlb927GBEz1soq9zto5_500.jpg

tumblr_mlb927GBEz1soq9zto3_500.jpg

Now, I have been on a few cruises, had a lot of pizza, and enjoyed it. The new pizza, I have to say, was the best!!

The crust was great. The sauce and flavors were right on. I love that Carnival made the switch.

More later.

After pizza we decided to explore some fun stuff on the ship. We headed down to floor 5 to see what was there.

As we arrived the Taste Bar was just getting ready to open. We got in a short line. (Lines continued to be short throughout the cruise for all the folks worried about that.)

tumblr_mlb9cewLdW1soq9zto1_500.jpg

The decor was great.

tumblr_mlb9cewLdW1soq9zto4_500.jpg

Again, I loved that they continued to display fresh ingredients.

They prepared Cucina del Capitanos’ version of bruschetta on toast.

tumblr_mlb9cewLdW1soq9zto2_500.jpg

They then brought out a tray of meatballs with melted mozzarella.

tumblr_mlb9cewLdW1soq9zto3_500.jpg

The meatball was very good. I will say that there may have been a bit too much cheese on the meatball as it seemed to overwhelm the seasoned mixture of meat. (I don't think I've have every said too much cheese. Sorry) The toast and bruschetta was a nice twist on the classic.

All in all it was a nice amuse bouche.

next----

We walked a short distance over to the Red Frog Pub.

tumblr_mlb9h3AIuk1soq9zto1_500.jpg

Once you got in there you realized that this was not a standard cruse ship bar. It was very large and enclosed. You really got the feel you were back at home at your favorite pub. I really loved it!

Inside, there was again 'live music'. Something people continued to claim was not on a Carnival ship anymore. Proof is in the picture.

tumblr_mlb9h3AIuk1soq9zto2_500.jpg

I then bellied up to the bar and ordered some conch fritters. They were..umm, just O.K. Nothing special.

tumblr_mlb9h3AIuk1soq9zto3_500.jpg

After that, they took our picture and we made it on the TV photo stream. We would continue to see ourselves through out the cruise. It made us feel like celebrities. My wife loved that.

tumblr_mlb9h3AIuk1soq9zto4_500.jpg

We then headed out and back to the room to unload our luggage and get ready for dinner.

Saw this cool mirror on our way out that I kinda wanted to steal. Unfortunately my wife just didn't bring a big enough purse. Haha

tumblr_mlb9h3AIuk1soq9zto5_500.jpg

More later--

Archived