Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises > Q&A with Tina Alexander - Assoc. VP Web Innovations ~ Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Q&A with Tina Alexander - Assoc. VP Web Innovations ~ Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity Cruises AVP Web Innovations Tina Alexander will be here starting on Monday, April 22nd to answer your questions about Celebritiy's website and listen to your suggestions as well! Be sure and stop by, even if to just say hello!

Rules for Participation
- No new questions
- Discussion may commence after Ms. Alexander has replied
- Similar questions/comments have been merged
- Customer service issues should be addressed through the proper venues via Celebrity Cruises
Our Community Guidelines are in effect, please be respectful of our special guest and your fellow community members.

Old April 16th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Booking Confirmation

Hello. I am very impressed that Celebrity continues to visit Cruise Critic. Thank you for taking the time. I love Celebrity have booked all my cruises directly through celebritycruises.com. I choose not to use a travel agent.

Once a guest books a cruise with Celebrity, they cannot see onboard credit, discounts, etc., anywhere in the guest’s reservation, “mycelebrity”, or in the online booking information. The only way to actually confirm/see this information is by calling Customer Service to request a copy of the "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy". Why can’t that information be tied to the reservation and link to the guest’s online booking information the way that other cruise lines do? It is like opening an account at a bank that does not offer online banking or paper statements forcing the customer to call customer service every time they want to see their checking account balance. It is not a very “modern” approach.

Providing this information online would save your customer service reps time and vastly improve the experience for your guests who choose to book online. It seems like a basic thing that should be made available on the website.

Thanks-Ken

2015 - NCL Jewel, NCL Escape
2014 - RCI Oasis of the Seas, NCL Dawn (next), NCL Getaway
2013 - NCL Breakaway, RCI Enchantment of the Seas, Celebrity Reflection
2012 - Celebrity Reflection B2B
2011 - RCI Liberty of the Seas, NCL Sky, NCL Gem
2010 - Celebrity Eclipse, NCL Sky
2009 - NCL Pearl

Old April 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

I agree with the OP that seeing OBCs, etc should be possible via the website. Most of your competitors have a way to see this information online. As an alternative, if we could at least have an option on the web site to send ourselves a booking confirmation via email it would help avoid tying up your customer service agents.

Old April 16th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Completely agree. I would also suggest you stop using those stupid codes that are impossible for us to guess. Why use a code for OBC? It would be so much easier to have Early Booking OBC, Miami Customer Service OBC etc. Some are listed per person and some for the room. It really annoys us that we cannot see the OBC on our my celebrity link. Even the reservation department gets confused and has confirmed a different amount each time we ask.

Sun Princess Carribbean 2003
Grand Princess Europe 2010
Grand Princess Svalbard and Norway 2011
P&O Arcadia Europe 2011
Celebrity Eclipse Baltics 2012
Celebrity Eclipse Iceland & Fjords 2013
Celebrity Eclipse Scan & Russia -E.Europe 2014

Old April 16th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Please try to show OBC paid for by the guest for themselves. I understand the need to keep gifts secret but if customers prefer to give Celebrity their money in advance surely there is a way to show this on their bookings after all if I buy a shore excursion that appears.
Thank you

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:18 PM
"Official"

Hi ken85121,

This an extremely helpful thread providing clear feedback on your issue. You and the Cruise Critic community will be happy to know that this issue is already one we have been working on and hope to have the enhanced experience live soon.

Thank you and happy cruising!
Celebrity Cruises Web Marketing