Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures > Florida Departures
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Florida Departures
Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:23 AM
wilinisa wilinisa is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Default Safe Cruise Parking-Miami

Has anyone used "Safe Cruise Parking" in Miami. And info would be appreciated
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM
somesong12 somesong12 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: indiana
Posts: 316
Default

I am looking for an answer to the same question. Looks good to me.

I hope someone has luck in answering it!@
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:13 PM
skrufy skrufy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 967
Default

Looking at the same lot, hope we get some good feedback on this parking site.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
floridabum's Avatar
floridabum floridabum is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 283
Default

Yes. all is good. Shuttle is very very efficient and short waits. On the return there is a gentleman walking on the sidewalk at the port looking for people wearing the sticker you are given upon arrival to the lot. He directs you to your shuttle and off you go.
The area is like most of the area around the port, "shady" The lot is fenced and sits directly under the Dolphin expressway. (395 i believe it is)
A lot of newer vehicles in the lot... mercedes, lexus, Bmw .... My wife and I joked that it looked staged. There was even a large RV in the lot when we were there.
Only issue we had was upon departing the port the driver had us get in the van while he loaded our luggage. When we returned the lot we discovered he left a bag at the port. We were very fortunate to drive back to the port and find our bag sitting on the sidewalk. The guy that walks the sidewalk looking for the stickers noticed us and asked what happened. We told him and he was not to happy with the driver as he called him on his phone and was yelling in Spanish. Accidents happen.

We will use them again.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM
skrufy skrufy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 967
Default

Are you required to leave your keys with them?
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:10 AM
floridabum's Avatar
floridabum floridabum is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 283
Default

No you are not required to leave your keys with them.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old May 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM
skrufy skrufy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 967
Default

Thanks floridabum.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old May 16th, 2013, 04:18 PM
wilinisa wilinisa is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Default

Thank you. I had almost given up that anyone would reply...did the shuttles and drivers seem safe? My main concern is getting there and back safely. Thanks again
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
floridabum's Avatar
floridabum floridabum is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 283
Default

Yes the shuttle drivers are safe. No issues on safety at all!
Just make sure you watch your luggage go inside the trailer or the back of van. It does get hectic with people coming and going and your luggage can get mixed up / lost in the shuffle.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:26 PM
b4cruze's Avatar
b4cruze b4cruze is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridabum View Post
Yes the shuttle drivers are safe. No issues on safety at all!
Just make sure you watch your luggage go inside the trailer or the back of van. It does get hectic with people coming and going and your luggage can get mixed up / lost in the shuffle.
What time did you get to the parking lot? Do you know if the shuttles run early? Looking at the map it looks very close to the port.

Thanks!!!
__________________


June 7, 2014 Liberty Eastern 8 day
May 22,2014 Victory Western "Cruising to 50" 4 day
June 8, 2013 Breeze Exotic Eastern 8 day
June 2012 Valor Eastern 8 day
Aug 2010 Inspiration Western 5 day
July 2009 Valor Western 7 day
June 2007 Liberty Western 6 day
June 2005 Valor Eastern 7 day
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Elmo31's Avatar
Elmo31 Elmo31 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 852
Default

How early does the shuttle run? We plan on being there around 930am if we plan on using their lot
__________________
SS Norway (199?) 7 day
NCL SS Norway (199?) 7 day
RCL Explorer of the Seas (2000) 7 day
NCL SS Norway (200?) 7 day
Carnival Sensation (200?) 7 day
NCL SS Norway (200?) 7 days
Carnival Paradise (200?) 7 day
Princess Caribbean Princess (2003) 7 day
Carnival Victory (2005) 7 day
Carnival Liberty (2008) 7 day
Carnival Liberty (2010) 7 day
Carnival Legend (2010) 7 day
Carnival Freedom (2010) 8 day
Carnival Dream (2011) 7 day
Carnival Legend (2012) 7 day
Carnival Destiny (2012) B2B 5 day
Carnival Destiny (2012) B2B 5 day
Carnival Dream (2013) 7 day
Carnival Liberty (2013) 7 days
Carnival Conquest (2014) 7 days
Carnival Breeze (2014) B2B 8 days
Carnival Breeze (2014) B2B 6 days

151 days at sea and counting


Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM
BlueHerons's Avatar
BlueHerons BlueHerons is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida!
Posts: 12,139
Default

No way in hell would I EVER leave a vehicle in a lot under the Dolphin Expressway. No. Way.

Miami is an insane, crooked, crime ridden city with about a quarter of the population being illegal aliens with a corrupt police force. I am not exaggerating.
__________________
My Miami Blog!

Last edited by BlueHerons; June 21st, 2013 at 10:54 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:16 AM
dpearso5 dpearso5 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: US
Posts: 3
Default safecruiseparking.com

Hi Everyone,

I just returned from my first cruise out of the Port of Miami and had booked a reservation at safecruiseparking.com after researching alternate parking to the Port of Miami. I was willing to take a gamble to get some cheaper parking vs. paying the $20 / day at the port.

I put the address from the website in my GPS after arriving in the Miami area. As I followed the directions I started becoming uneasy of the area where my GPS was leading me.

As with most large cities there are good areas and bad areas - this particular lot qualifies in my mind as a bad area. My reason for writing isn't to persuade people to not park here but to just simply provide information so they can make their own decision.

It is a parking lot under the expressway and it does have an iron fence surrounding it. As I drove down the street I slowed down and looked at the parking lot but my wife was too nervous to actually pull in due to the surrounding neighborhood. They may have a security guard and large fence but it wasn't enough to persuade me to park there with my wife and two children under the age of 10. Perhaps I was being too cautious but it just didn't seem worth the gamble anymore after viewing it and the surrounding area even though I had prepaid a non-refundable fee for 4 nights. In my mind it was worth it to loose the prepaid fee of $7.99 / day and pay the $20 / day fee at the port if that says anything. It was just my gut feeling at the time. There were plenty of cars parked there so I assume it would be ok but it didn't pass my own "peace of mind" threshold.

After returning home I checked my CC statement and found out not only had my account been charged for the $7.99 / day fee but there was also a 2nd "mystery" charge for the same day for the same paypal/company account for $102. I of course have called my CC company to object to the 2nd $102 fee but am willing to take the loss for the fee I agreed to for $7.99/night according to their terms. This in my mind is now puts this company in a bad light and I won't use them in the future but that is just me and my experience.

If you are really curious about the surrounding area before you book you can put their address into google maps and then to a street view of the surrounding streets to get an idea of the area. I wish I had done that initially vs. after the fact - it appears to be light industrial/warehouse type area with some housing complexes scattered around. It was the people wandering the street randomly yelling and peering at us as we went through the stop signs and stop lights that likely put us on edge more than the actual location.

Happy cruising everyone.

Last edited by dpearso5; July 8th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:33 AM
BlueHerons's Avatar
BlueHerons BlueHerons is offline
10,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida!
Posts: 12,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpearso5 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I just returned from my first cruise out of the Port of Miami and had booked a reservation at safecruiseparking.com after researching alternate parking to the Port of Miami. I was willing to take a gamble to get some cheaper parking vs. paying the $20 / day at the port.

I put the address from the website in my GPS after arriving in the Miami area. As I followed the directions I started becoming uneasy of the area where my GPS was leading me.

As with most large cities there are good areas and bad areas - this particular lot qualifies in my mind as a bad area. My reason for writing isn't to persuade people to not park here but to just simply provide information so they can make their own decision.

It is a parking lot under the expressway and it does have an iron fence surrounding it. As I drove down the street I slowed down and looked at the parking lot but my wife was too nervous to actually pull in due to the surrounding neighborhood. They may have a security guard and large fence but it wasn't enough to persuade me to park there with my wife and two children under the age of 10. Perhaps I was being too cautious but it just didn't seem worth the gamble anymore after viewing it and the surrounding area even though I had prepaid a non-refundable fee for 4 nights. In my mind it was worth it to loose the prepaid fee of $7.99 / day and pay the $20 / day fee at the port if that says anything. It was just my gut feeling at the time. There were plenty of cars parked there so I assume it would be ok but it didn't pass my own "peace of mind" threshold.

After returning home I checked my CC statement and found out not only had my account been charged for the $7.99 / day fee but there was also a 2nd "mystery" charge for the same day for the same paypal/company account for $102. I of course have called my CC company to object to the 2nd $102 fee but am willing to take the loss for the fee I agreed to for $7.99/night according to their terms. This in my mind is now puts this company in a bad light and I won't use them in the future but that is just me and my experience.

If you are really curious about the surrounding area before you book you can put their address into google maps and then to a street view of the surrounding streets to get an idea of the area. I wish I had done that initially vs. after the fact - it appears to be light industrial/warehouse type area with some housing complexes scattered around. It was the people wandering the street randomly yelling and peering at us as we went through the stop signs and stop lights that likely put us on edge more than the actual location.

Happy cruising everyone.
You are very smart.

The parking lot is in a bad area.
__________________
My Miami Blog!
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Chief7 Chief7 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
You are very smart.

The parking lot is in a bad area.
The Port of Miami is in a bad area... Miami! But this is where my ships sails from this time (not my choice, but I will go along) and I'm not all that happy about it. I MUCH prefer Port Canaveral or Port Everglades - if only my ship sailed from either of those or even Port of Tampa!!
__________________












(Why didn't I write all of these down when we did them? Here's our previous 10!)
Norwegian Getaway, Inaugural Cruise, Jan, 2014
Norwegian Pearl, Nov, 2013
Oasis of the Seas, May, 2012
Freedom of the Seas, March, 2011
Carnival Inspiration, January, 2009
RCI Sovereign of the Seas, March, 2001
Carnival Ecstasy, March, 2000
Carnival Sensation, Christmas, 1998
Regal Princess, Spring, 1988
SS Veracruz, Spring, 1987
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old January 16th, 2014, 01:05 PM
LKNLady3 LKNLady3 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6
Default Safe Cruise Parking worked great for us

My husband and I used Safe Cruise Parking when we left Miami on a 7 day cruise on Dec 1, 2013. It was quick and easy to check in. In contrast I noticed another open parking lot near by that had a TON of cars in line waiting to get in. The line circled the block. I was very happy I wasn't booked there as the wait seemed very long - just to get into the lot! You can reserve in advance online at http://www.safecruiseparking.com/ and pay too. We arrived around 12 noon and were taken right away by shuttle to the port. We did drop our bags off at the port in advance. On the return - we called when we exited the ship and were told the van would be by in about 15 minutes. We were off the ship early - around 8:30 am so we decided not to wait and grabbed a taxi for about $10. It was worth it to beat the crowds. We were on the road by 8:45! The daily fee was $7.99 per day plus a .60 port fee ($8.59 total) and it INCLUDES the shuttle which is a nice benefit. Our total bill for the 7 day cruise was $60.13. They are open 24 hours so you can arrive at any time and the lot does had a locked gate that I presume is used during the night. We had no problems with our car. You do NOT leave your keys. It was a very good experience for us.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old January 19th, 2014, 10:35 AM
wkelly5688's Avatar
wkelly5688 wkelly5688 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 151
Default

We used Port of Miami Cruise Park at 150 south 7th street in early december. Fenced lot, good price, no problems. The $5 shuttle can take a while. We rode the shuttle to the port and took a taxi back. Next time would just do the taxi both ways. I would use them again no questions asked. Bill
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:44 PM
jaxstiles's Avatar
jaxstiles jaxstiles is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 197
Default

Does ANYBODY pay the $20 per day parking fee in Miami??? I have read line after line of everyone talking about saving money and parking in less than desirable parking lots. I would rather pay the $20/ day than deal with all the headaches of waiting on shuttles and shady business transactions,,,,
Is this an option or are the $20/ day lot just as shady?? Please help!!!!

And is it like Port Canaveral where u can just walk from the parking garage to the port check- in area?

Any help and clarification would be great!
__________________


Carnival Dream-May2013
Carnival Dream -May 2011
Carnival Glory- April 2008
Carnival Imagination Sept 2002
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old January 20th, 2014, 11:22 PM
jansarts jansarts is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35
Default

I've parked at Port of Miami numerous times, it's expensive,but safe,
your car is in a garage. Just walk across the street to cruise terminal. Easy in & out, no waiting or fears. I had a bad experience using a "cheap lot" in Ft. Lauderdale. Not worth the worry,all week, and the damage to my car upon my return.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old March 22nd, 2014, 03:28 PM
wejustcruise wejustcruise is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 18
Default

Is there anyone that can post some up to date comments on parking at the port in Miami please. Most of all that is here is old and give you mixed feelings about all the parking. Thanks to all for any help.
__________________
07-29-2012 Carnival Sensation
07-27-2013 Carnival Fascination

Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.