Another Passport Question

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:19 PM.
United States
60 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Sorry y'all. I did search, but didn't find this particular question. We applied for our passports March 27th. A few days later, both were showing as received and being processed at the Passport Status page.
Yesterday, mine went from "Being processed" to.."Not Found" and please wait at least 7 days after submitting paperwork to check the status of your passport application. It was the same thing it had said prior to going to the "being processed".
Any clue why all the sudden there's no info on my passport app?
Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

3.6.14-NCL Sun-11 Day Southern Caribbean!

Disney Wonder- Alaska- 6-17-2013
NCL Star-W. Caribbean 04/07/13
NCL Dream-W. Caribbean-2/2007

NCL Dream-W. Caribbean-2/2006
RCCI Rhapsody of the Seas-Caribbean-3/2005
NCL Sea-W. Caribbean -2/2004-

SoCal
9,053 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Dixieland Mom
Sorry y'all. I did search, but didn't find this particular question. We applied for our passports March 27th. A few days later, both were showing as received and being processed at the Passport Status page.
Yesterday, mine went from "Being processed" to.."Not Found" and please wait at least 7 days after submitting paperwork to check the status of your passport application. It was the same thing it had said prior to going to the "being processed".
Any clue why all the sudden there's no info on my passport app?
Thanks!
It's a government agency.

I found that the progress report isn't actually very reliable. One of our passports never did show "processing" or anything. The other two were either "processing" or enroute to us on various days when we checked. We go all 3 passports on 2 consecutive days.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
17 Cruises, 10 ships, 173 nights

2,338 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
We never got any notice about processing but the time I called to find out information beforehand, the man at the 800 (or maybe 888) was really helpful and sweet. I suspect my smiling voice helped a lot because as the conversation went along, he indicated they got some very harsh phone calls. Good thing to remember anytime you're asking for help on the phone. It really is true that if you make the effort to smile as you're talking, it somehow shows in your voice. Sure wish more customer service people practiced it. Digressed.........give them a call and ask for help.
84,582 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Often I find that the information is incorrect.

In the end if you did not expedite the passport it will take around 30 days to get your first one.

Keith
United States
536 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
It may be that it went from processing to not found because they finished it and put it in the mail to you so it's no longer in their system.
Kentucky
13,192 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by delily
It may be that it went from processing to not found because they finished it and put it in the mail to you so it's no longer in their system.
Agree.