Carnival Pride Review 4/14/13

lovermonkey

Hello everyone. Was on the Carnival Pride on 4/14/13 and thought I would share my cruise experience. For anyone who doesn't know me, I am naturally sarcastic and a bit negative while writing my review. Don't take it that I didn't enjoy my cruise. On the contrary, it was fantastic. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

First off, there were four of us going on the cruise. Myself (Mark 45), my fiancee (Lisa 38), her daughters Katie (16) and Cheyanne. (9) We are coming in from the Chicago area. We booked this cruise right after our last cruise on the Triumph. Which was over 600 days. (I know. A terrible wait time for a cruise) We had gotten the idea from a Cruise Critic member who had joined us while we were on the Triumph. I must say, it was a great idea. So I booked the cruise. I have been researching everything from where to stay from Hotels to where to eat. I must say I got lucky on most of it.

(Just FYI, I love taking photos. Between all of us, we have over 2000 photos of the trip. Not to mention video)

We started our vacation on April 13th. I decided this time we were going to be in town a day before our cruise, just in case something happened. But my main intention was to check out the inner harbor. We left O'Hara airport for BWI and got in Baltimore around 9am. I got a Blue Shuttle which is located at the airport. The gentleman at the Blue Shuttle counter didn't really seem like he wanted to be there. So I gave him my paperwork for the shuttle and asked him what I needed to do next. He said, "Ahh, you have a question for me (No kidding, I thought). Just sit over there." Basically that is all he said. So of course we waited for a bit (aboutr 1/2 hr) until a blue shuttle arrived. The gentleman behind the counter said nothing, so we took it upon ourselves to go outside the terminal and see if that was our ride. The driver told us that he wouldn't be taking us, but one would be coming soon. At least the driver gave us more information than the the guy behind the counter. It was another 20 mins before our driver took us to the our hotel. Really nice guy but I think I would take the taxi next time. Blue Shuttle cost over 70 bucks to the inner harbor and that was not with tip.

We got to the Marriott Waterfront Hotel in the inner harbor. I must say it was a really nice hotel. Our room was facing the inner harbor, but we couldn't see the Carnival Pride coming in. Not a problem since our view was outstanding. The hotel even helped us print out another Carnival bag tag because stupid us put them on our luggage before we flew. So, of course the 9 year old's tag got ripped off. Not to mention a wheel from our luggage. The 9 year old thought that meant she wouldn't be able to board the ship. Yes, I messed with a bit on that. But told her the truth. She was happy after that, but was hungry.

We ventured out to find a place to eat. I had been dieing for seafood but the kids don't like it. Been pushing for Phillips Seafood for weeks, but the kids wouldn't go for it. So we went to Hard Rock Cafe instead. Hard Rock is a nice place and the food is ok, but it is on the expensive side. We got 4 burger meals and appetizers for over 100 bucks. Which I think is just a bit much for burgers. But the atmosphere is really nice instead. But I don't think I would do it again.

Will continue tomorrow if anyone is interested.

At Ohare here.

IMG_20130413_051122_zps26ebc29d.jpg

Inner Harbor from our Hotel

DSCN1516_zps85d80dea.jpg

Walking in the Inner Harbor towards Hard Rock Cafe.

DSCN1379_zpse4c9bd46.jpg

Hard Rock Cafe

DSCN1385_zpsc16a81d2.jpg

Edited by lovermonkey
Date wrong

Looking forward to your review.

I am sorry you missed Phillips Seafood. They are a staple in this area and good crab cakes.

Thank you. I did get my way that night. I got to check out Mo's. And they had the best crap cakes.

I know it has nothing to do with the cruise, but I got that hotel through Priceline and I have to second your approval of it. If you're going on the Pride or another Baltimore ship, in season (in the winter obviously it's cold and you'll have to walk) and you can get a good rate for it, stay there.

I'm following along OP. ;)

I can't wait to read the rest of your review I already like your writing style. My family is on the Pride May 5, party of 14 and we can't wait.

Charxu - We'll be on that sailing with you. :) Only 10 more days! :D

Just checking....:eek::)

Opps! Sorry! That was a typo.. I meant to say crab. Not crap. Their crab cakes are huge and delicious. And you get two in the meal. Wish I had ordered their soft shell crab they cover their tables and bring out the hammers. It looked good.

Opps! Sorry! That was a typo.. I meant to say crab. Not crap. Their crab cakes are huge and delicious. And you get two in the meal. Wish I had ordered their soft shell crab they cover their tables and bring out the hammers. It looked good.

Those would be steamed hard shell crabs. If you need a hammer for a soft crab ... don't eat it. :eek:

Both are delicious though. Love the soft crab on fresh bread with LTM, s&p.

Now you've done it ... I want some.

Those would be steamed hard shell crabs. If you need a hammer for a soft crab ... don't eat it. :eek:

Both are delicious though. Love the soft crab on fresh bread with LTM, s&p.

Now you've done it ... I want some.

Can you tell I dont know too much about sea food? I just like to eat it.

Since I dont have access to my photos at work, I am going to give you a flash forward. Kind of like watching the show LOST. I have a video of the 9 year old swimming on the Pride. Will get back to review when I get home.

Edited by lovermonkey

Since I dont have access to my photos at work, I am going to give you a flash forward. Kind of like watching the show LOST. I have a video of the 9 year old swimming on the Pride. Will get back to review when I get home.

Very cute! You all seem to be having a great time.

My turn's coming ... very soon. :)

Edited by WetToes