Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old April 25th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by bccruisers, madthumper ridedlgtng antiochsteveo & Nylynn14051!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Explorer of the Seas Wild & Wonderful by bccruisers
Embarkation: We were anxious to try the Bayonne port as we could drive to Port Liberty and not have to worry about flying during the winter. We were surprised that there was no connection between the port and the ship and that we had to take a bus to get to the ship. This caused delays in getting passengers on board in a timely manner. RCCL now distributes only paper luggage tags. The flimsy tag must have torn off because one of our suitcases got lost. By 8:00 p.m., long after the ship had left port, we still did not have our bag. After numerous calls to Guest Services, we finally went up to the desk and located our suitcase just sitting there with about 25 other pieces of other luggage without tags. The moral: download luggage tags, reinforce them and use sturdy ties to attach them to your suitcases. The storm that affected this sailing caused a very rocky start to the trip. The crew did a stellar job of handling the Explorer during 26 foot waves. We were lucky that it didn't have much effect on us. Unfortunately, the dining room on the first formal night was pretty empty. Continue reading... Wild & Wonderful

Carnival Sensation Bittersweet Sensation Cruise by madthumper
I'll start off by explaining the bittersweet of this cruise. The wife and I booked this cruise for one reason and that was to be on the last cruise with a dear friend of ours, Karla Stefanic who works as an MDR hostess on the Sensation. Karla has taken great care of us due to my wife's food allergies, not only on the ships she has been on with us but also personally emailed other hostesses on other ships that we have sailed on. After we booked the cruise Karla notified us that due to her pregnancy she would be leaving the Sensation on the day we were boarding. We met with her outside the terminal before she headed to the airport for Croatia to say our goodbyes and wished her well. As always she had arranged a hostess to take care of my wife. On the second night of the cruise the Maitre D came over to our table and told us that Karla had just e mailed them and wanted to make sure that my wife was being taken care of and to let us know she made it home. Continue reading... Bittersweet Sensation Cruise

Caribbean Princess Caribbean Princess Cruise - March 30 - April 6, 2013 by ridedlgtng
Arrived at the ship about 1 pm. Embarkation on March 30 was ok, but there seemed to be no control of the waiting lines and it seemed like a bit of a free for all. Once on board, cabin was easy to find and was ready for us when we boarded. The location was excellent right between two major elevator banks. I must say I was bit disappointed by the appointments in the cabin. There was no real use of color and it seemed kind of drab, but it was very comfortable. Space was good but not great. Other cruise lines have about the same space in their standard balcony cabins. Impression of the ship is average. The atrium while very nice, was not the towering version you will find on other ships. The ship is mostly done in earth tones. All in all pretty underwhelming. Do not misunderstand, it is a beautiful ship, but they could have done more with it. Continue reading... Caribbean Princess Cruise - March 30 - April 6, 2013

Mariner of the Seas Good and Bad for Royal by antiochsteveo
Well, we entered the Port of Galveston on Sunday, April 7, 2013 to an episode of what can only be defined as CHAOS. Disorganized, people scrambling, long lines, no sense of any real organization (foot traffic or vehicle traffic) other than a lot of people barking orders and no one really knowing what the heck was going on. Our luggage was taken quickly, but as we were waiting in what seemed like line after line, a delay occurs in line. That line did NOT move for almost 45 minutes. No one communicated that there were computer problems, instead, everyone was stuck to wait and wonder. Screening to get on board, another saga. Check in was interesting, if you were not a "gold member" or holding a room for a suite, you were routed into a line that ended somewhere in Odessa, Texas. If you had a suite, things were quick. We got to the terminal about 12:30pm and got onboard the ship by approximately 3:00pm. We went to our suite (9294) and it was nice, it was clean, and headed immediately to the Windjammer Cafe. The food there was good, but not exactly spectacular, but offered a wide variety of choices. Continue reading... Good and Bad for Royal

Norwegian Epic Pleasantly Surprised by Nylynn14051
My husband and I just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Norwegian Epic. We have only cruised one time before, which was 10 years ago. That cruise was more like a Chevy Chase vacation, so it took us a full decade to try it again. We are so glad that we did. We had a wonderful experience on the Epic. I will probably make this review long, since so many people have had negative reviews on here. I want to make sure you get to hear all good things Epic has to offer. When we first pulled up to it, we were shocked at it's size. The ship is extremely impressive looking. It makes most other ships look small by comparison. Lets start with day 1 and all the Pros: The entry onto the ship was so painless, it is hard to describe. We came on a shuttle from a hotel we stayed at the night before. From the time we pulled up in the shuttle, until the time we were on the ship was no more than 20 minutes. We arrived at the port around noon and we were in our stateroom by 12:45pm. They have this process down to a science. Continue reading... Pleasantly Surprised

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; April 25th, 2013 at 01:13 AM.