Someone Screwed Up

keeponcruising

Maybe it is just me but I think they are the same size as the traditional balcony. We have been spoiled lately by the new ships like Epic that have much larger standard balconies. Arent these new ones the same size as the Sky?

As long as I can sit or stand outside, I am fine. I dont expect to lounge in a lounger in a standard balcony cabin. If I wanted something big, I would book an aft cabin suite. In addition, I would prefer a large cabin to a larger balcony (if I had to pick).

Wow, those balconies are so small. Someone screwed up big time. Who wants to pay big money for a balcony cabin and get that? I'll take the EPIC or Jewel class ship any day.

Ellen

Personally if it wasn't for the smokers, I would be fine with a french balcony. I highly doubt it is going to keep the ship from being filled. Might be the future trend.

Wow, those balconies are so small. Someone screwed up big time. Who wants to pay big money for a balcony cabin and get that? I'll take the EPIC or Jewel class ship any day.

Ellen

I have to say I was torn with the idea of paying the extra for a balcony, as we have always had balconies. We had a larger standard balcony on the Dawn, and that ship is half the size! :eek: I'm glad I didn't waste the extra $500 to get a balcony that you have to move the chair out of the way just to get out there! Very surprised. Anyhow, there is so much to do on this ship that we won't miss the (very tiny) balcony.

Debbie

More like a balconette:

Capture.jpg

I mean seriously, if you can't even sit with your legs extended in front of you, what's the point? Guaranteed, if you had a passenger who was over 6' tall, and they sat out there they would almost certainly have their knees up against the glass. And at least in the case of actual french balconies (on hotels, etc), they don't bother trying to put furniture out there, because who are they fooling?

More like a balconette:

Capture.jpg

I mean seriously, if you can't even sit with your legs extended in front of you, what's the point? Guaranteed, if you had a passenger who was over 6' tall, and they sat out there they would almost certainly have their knees up against the glass. And at least in the case of actual french balconies (on hotels, etc), they don't bother trying to put furniture out there, because who are they fooling?

*high fives Joe* Thank God for our M6.:p

From the looks of the few pics that have been posted some of the suite balconies aren't that special either. I guess if you can't go big then you might as well get an inside or OV cabin. Those cabins actually look pretty spacious considering.

I have been trying to see how small my balcony is on 9th floor s7 all the way forward. It looks a little bigger than others but if not I am going solo and will as my butler to take away a chair. Besides cas has been good to me so I am not complaining lol. I just wonder if Geaway balconies will be bigger which means maybe they made them to small. But the suite I have is huge hmmmm makes ya think

Way small, I agree someone messed up with those balconies. I remember someone saying that they are fixing the error on getaway, hopefully that is true because there is no way I paying that much more for that balcony.

I am sure the ship will sell very well, but I am also sure that they will be a lot of people frustrated by it. I am so happy that I got an aft balcony.

By the way, the balcony on the Allure is about twice the size of that.

Anyone know how the actual balcony cabin sizes compare? In my S4 suite, the balcony is smaller than the same on the Epic, but the cabin itself is larger. Wondering if this was the design plan since this ship was built for NYC departures, with weather "iffy" so much of the time. It seems that all outdoor spaces are smaller than other ships, but indoor spaces much larger..

Robin

Anyone know how the actual balcony cabin sizes compare? In my S4 suite, the balcony is smaller than the same on the Epic, but the cabin itself is larger. Wondering if this was the design plan since this ship was built for NYC departures, with weather "iffy" so much of the time. It seems that all outdoor spaces are smaller than other ships, but indoor spaces much larger..

Robin

Well I guess I never thought of that, but in any case the ship will make it into warmer weather were cold weather cruisers should be dying to get outside. I can only imagine how that limited outdoor space will be at full capacity.

If I recall correctly this was one of the main complains of Epic, and that is why they added the waterfront and deck 7 below is another good place to relax.

My main issue is still the lack of hot tubs, 6 (not counting vibe or heaven) of them for 4100 does not seem like a number that adds up. I mean S class ships have 6 for 2700pp. Hopefully it is not much of an issue one onboard, but we will have to see how that plays out. The good thing is that there is so much to do onboard that time in the tub should be limited for us :D.

WOW! :eek: We were fortunate enough to have a wrap around balcony on the Star last year. After that experience, looking at these balconies, I am sorry to say I would be disappointed. :( Do we know for sure that the Aft Facing Balconies on the Breakaway are in fact larger than those posted here? The balcony cabins are so expensive on this ship and this just doesn't make any sense. :confused:

WOW! :eek: We were fortunate enough to have a wrap around balcony on the Star last year. After that experience, looking at these balconies, I am sorry to say I would be disappointed. :( Do we know for sure that the Aft Facing Balconies on the Breakaway are in fact larger than those posted here? The balcony cabins are so expensive on this ship and this just doesn't make any sense. :confused:

Yes that is a fact, pictures are starting to pour on the everything breakaway thread. Keep in mind that not all decks are the same size, deck 9 is the deepest followed by deck 12. Deck 14 & 13 are rather small. 10 & 11 fall in the middle with a good size.

I have been trying to see how small my balcony is on 9th floor s7 all the way forward. It looks a little bigger than others but if not I am going solo and will as my butler to take away a chair. Besides cas has been good to me so I am not complaining lol. I just wonder if Geaway balconies will be bigger which means maybe they made them to small. But the suite I have is huge hmmmm makes ya think

I am in an S7 in January...here is the video of our cabin 10106 and boy is that a small balcony! Original description was "wraparound" balcony. So, very disappointed.

Tracy

Yes that is a fact, pictures are starting to pour on the everything breakaway thread. Keep in mind that not all decks are the same size, deck 9 is the deepest followed by deck 12. Deck 14 & 13 are rather small. 10 & 11 fall in the middle with a good size.

Thanks. :) You must be getting very excited as your countdown clock is clicking down! :D I am very much looking forward to your review of the Breakaway. Bon Voyage.........

I am in an S7 in January...here is the video of our cabin 10106 and boy is that a small balcony! Original description was "wraparound" balcony. So, very disappointed.

Tracy

I'd be more than very disappointed. There are definitly some hits and miss' on the Breakaway. Edited by Highboy90

I can definitely see that my balcony on the Gem, mini-suite was much larger than the one I saw a picture for of my Haven Spa Suite. I really do like to spend time on the balcony, but this looks barely wider than the chair that is on it. Argh, deep breath, this will be a good cruise, this will be a good cruise.

More like a balconette:

Capture.jpg

Holy crap that is SMALL!!! What cabin is that?!

A family mini suite. Most of the ship is like that with the exception of aft and some fwd rooms.

Oh geez. I really, really, REALLY hope they fix this on the Getaway LOL My 6'5" husband won't be very comfortable on a balcony that tiny. We always book aft-facing, but we have a bunch of cabins for our Getaway cruise - all family. I may have to leave them and go back to my AFT LOL

Edited by SissasMomE

Oh geez. I really, really, REALLY hope they fix this on the Getaway LOL My 6'5" husband won't be very comfortable on a balcony that tiny. We always book aft-facing, but we have a bunch of cabins for our Getaway cruise - all family. I may have to leave them and go back to my AFT LOL

I read somewhere that they are fixing them, lets hope so.