Carnival Breeze Time Lapse Videos and Live Blog

Spaniel Lover

I'm on the Carnival Breeze... on week two of back-to-back cruises. Just before embarking on this vacation, I was fortunate enough to purchase the brand new Canon Digital Rebel T5i... which is the latest, greatest Canon DSLR to hit the market. I've been putting it to the test, and have come up with some pretty good photos. The most interesting thing to come from the camera, though, has been some time lapse videos of our departures from Nassau and and the port of Miami.

Take a look at the video of the departure from Nassau at

You can see both the Disney Dream and the Carnival Sensation as we head out to sea.

The Miami video is at

Carnival Liberty is visible at :11 and :22

Disney Wonder is visible at :23

Check out all the small boat traffic at :51 and 1:28

Beautiful South Beach at 1:36

Of course, I also took a lot of still photos. Here are a few of my favorites:

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2196.JPG

Carnival Breeze docked in Grand Turk

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_3669.JPG

Our spa balcony cabin

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2271.JPGThe beautiful decor of the ship

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2033.JPG

The new pizza... which is hugely better than the old pizza.

Take a look at LOTS more pictures at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/CarnivalBreeze.html

Enjoy!

Edited by Spaniel Lover

The review, which includes LOTS more photos, is at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/CarnivalBreeze.html

And be aware that we are only halfway through our back-to-back cruises... so there WILL be updates to the web page in the coming days. Check it again from time to time for more photos and stories from the ship. We have four very interesting ports coming up this week... so there should be a lot more to add to the web page.

Edited by Spaniel Lover

Wow, that is the best review I have read in a very long time! Thanks so much for putting this together with the pic's too. You are very good at this and it is much appreciated! I can't believe you did this while on the ship, I can barely figure out how to post my pic on facebook.....

Chris

I am on the ship with you. Things are calming down now. We had winds up to 55 MPH this afternoon and the ship was a rockin. It is calming down now, and the winds are more reasonable. Should be a great evening.

That was a GREAT review and excellent bunch of pics (I went to the link). Loved the timelapse, loved the review, loved the pics. Love that you love Carnival. Just great overall. You seem like a great couple to travel with.

Edited by Seago2

Very nice! Love the time-lapse videos! Where were you sitting, or where was your camera sitting, to record those?

The camera was on a tripod on deck 11, one deck above the aft pool. I was sitting in a comfy chair about 20 feet away... just keeping an eye on things, and watching people's reactions as they walked behind the camera... which appeared to be unattended and which was making a loud click of the shutter at one second intervals.

I only had to yell at one idiot, a kid about 10 years old, who thought it would be funny to lean out over the railing and put his face out in front of the camera... with tongue fully extended!

I have a lot of other videos to share... but there's some editing to do... and that will have to wait until I get back home.

Today we are in Grand Turk... and I am writing to you from poolside at Margaritaville. Life is good!

I was delighted to discover that there's free Wi-Fi here at Margaritaville. What a wonderful world!

Thanks for your amazing review and pictures! I am cruising on the Breeze this coming sunday (EEK!)and I cannot wait. I am taking my Nikon D60 with me. It will be her second cruise. Can't wait to take some great pictures! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Can't wait to hear more and see the rest of your shots!

Gina

OP, you have no idea how you've brightened my dreary day! So- what do you do with the dogs while you're away? Do you breed them? I've got quite the "situation" on my hands right now. Argh. Carnival, take me away!

I've just posted a time-lapse video of our sailaway from Grand Turk this afternoon. It's at

Regarding the dogs...

We retired from dog breeding several years ago (after 15 years of breeding them as our hobby) because it truly was making it very difficult to get away on cruises. We're down to just one spoiled house dog now. We have a great deal with a close friend... we take care of her dog when she goes on vacation, and she takes care of ours when we go.

I've also just posted a video of the best entertainer I've ever seen on a Carnival cruise. Her name is Consuela Ivy...

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2207.JPG

In the video, shot at the VIFP party this afternoon, Consuela sings an outstanding version of the Whitney Houston (or Dolly Parton) song "I Will Always Love You". She totally knocked my socks off with her version, and the crowd gave her a standing ovation... although I was a little slow in turning around to capture it on camera. They had started to sit down around the time I finally turned the camera around on the audience.

Check out the video at

Please pardon a few seconds of camera shakiness at around 1:40 in to the video. I was sitting in the front row of the Ovation Theater in order to shoot the video during the VIFP party. As I was shooting, a waiter came by to offer me a free drink... and was just about to walk right in front of the camera. As I was waving him off with one hand, the other hand was a little shaky in holding the camera!

Edited by Spaniel Lover