Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest April 21-28th, 2013 Picture Review

I recently wrote a review of our Glory cruise and have promised people that I would post the Fun Times. How did you post yours? If I save as pdf's they will not post. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I appreciate all of your insider tips, menus, pics and reviews. Thanks so much!

I recently wrote a review of our Glory cruise and have promised people that I would post the Fun Times. How did you post yours? If I save as pdf's they will not post. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I appreciate all of your insider tips, menus, pics and reviews. Thanks so much!

I scan them and export as a jpg images. Then put them on a web host of your choosing. Once they are on the Internet somewhere, then you can post them here in a size of your choice.

If you have pdfs, Acrobat (full version) allows to to save pdfs as jpgs.

and Thank you and you're welcome! :)

I guess one of the first things to get out of the way, since it was asked for, are the Fun Times! Just managed to get those puppies scanned.

Yay!!! Thank you so much!

So very excited for this review! Thank you SO much for uploading the Funtimes! I can't wait until it's our turn on the Conquest. :)

As always I look forward to the remainder of your review.

Thank you. No real plan, but I guess I will alternate between the Elation and the Conquest reviews and try to git 'em done!

Okay, doing a twofer may confuse everyone, including myself, but here goes...

After the Carnival Elation cruise, we had a day to kill in New Orleans before boarding Carnival Conquest. I had no idea what was going on in the city, but hotels in the French Quarter were more expensive than normal, so we ended up staying out near the airport.

It seems there was a large collegiate track meet (?) and who knows what else. Anywho...

Being not far from the airport, it allowed us to eat not once, but twice, and once of our favorite neighborhood restaurants in Kenner - Harbor Seafood and Oyster Bar. Actually the second time was to go.

Got to a have a good root beer and Barq's fits the bill. Barq's is something you can even get on Carnival these days, but not in bottles.

DSC_5715_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5716_Zyde.jpg

I got my usual combo - half fried oyster and half fried shrimp poboy, dressed.

DSC_5717_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5718_Zyde.jpg

DSC_5719_Zyde.jpg

and then some shopping for water and a few things we had forgotten on the first cruise. We were still full hours later and probably could have/should have skipped dinner - nah, who am I fooling? The Harbor is a popular place and the wait line to get in can be long, so we placed an order to go at the bar.

I got the blackened catfish dinner, and a cocktail or two while waiting.

DSC_5722.JPG

When I woke up the next morning I checked the port webcam and Yes!, our ship had come it..

fullsize.jpg

We always just park at the port, on op of the cruise terminal. It costs a little more than other locations but is too convenient for us. I did notice this sign for the first time

DSC_5723_Zyde.jpg

hmmm. but we've never had a problem there. It should be patrolled by the regular port security, but no place is absolutely secure.

Some of the "new" cabins on Carnival Conquest have a Breeze/Sunshine like theme

DSC_5724_Zyde.jpg

and having FTTF (as does Elation), luggage was already being delivered

DSC_5729_Zyde.jpg

The rocking chairs that some people love and others are curious about

DSC_5732_Zyde.jpg

No lines at Guy's Burger Joint

DSC_5733_Zyde.jpg

Looks like they switched out Motor City for Latin Nights. The cast that was on the Conquest left at the end of the sailing for the Breeze. (March 31) and they said that the cast from the Breeze was coming. The Breeze cast must have brought over Latin Nights. Interesting. Motor City was my favorite out of the 3, so it is sad to see it move, but it is good that they are changing things up...

Edited by NicNac4498

Looks like they switched out Motor City for Latin Nights. The cast that was on the Conquest left at the end of the sailing for the Breeze. (March 31) and they said that the cast from the Breeze was coming. The Breeze cast must have brought over Latin Nights. Interesting. Motor City was my favorite out of the 3, so it is sad to see it move, but it is good that they are changing things up...

The new Playlist Productions does allow for easier change of shows and for them to rotate around the fleet with no need to build/tear down/rebuild expensive sets and stages. It does keep things fresh.