Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Riverrats87 Riverrats87 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wv
Posts: 38
Default Spa pass

Do you purchase your spa pass in the atrium or in the spa? Can you purchase this now or does it have to be on board?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:53 PM
sailingnut sailingnut is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,074
Default

I went on the Gem in November of 2011 and they were selling the spa pass before you boarded the ship in the terminal. I bought it then~~you will not regret it! I do not know where they will be selling it for the Breakaway? I want one for my cruise in January!
__________________
sailingnut59&date=10-27-CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.com/countdown.pl?image.cruisecritic.com][img]http//clocks.cruisecritic=Bh-10&name=sailingnut&date=10-27-2014&text=11 daysof bliss!&ship=Norwegian Gemisecritic.com][IMG]tp://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=sailingnut&date=10-27-2014&text=11 days of bliss!&ship=Norwegian Gem[/IMG][/url]each-10&name=sailingnut&date=10-6-2013&text=Bermuda Bound!&ship=
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Treacher1 Treacher1 is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: PA
Posts: 754
Default Sauna and Steam

On Breakaway are they in locker rooms or part of thermal suite where loungers and salt room is located?
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM
AZKEN2MUCH AZKEN2MUCH is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 113
Default Did I Miss Something?

Looking at pics/videos of the fantastic NCL Breakaway and notice only ONE hydrotherapy pool with only ONE waterfall? Too small for that size ship. Please...tell me there is more than just the one small therapy pool I have seen in pics/video... (EPIC is phenomenal and thought Breakaway would be similar)
__________________



Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
rthereanynamesleft's Avatar
rthereanynamesleft rthereanynamesleft is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Keller Tx
Posts: 159
Default

I was on the Transatlantic voyage. You purchase the spa package at the spa. The cost is $146.00 for the week which I felt was a little too pricey. It was only $105.00 on The Dawn. People complained that either the whirlpool was not working or the pool was cold or drained. They are not very big and to be honest I was not too impressed. Only one hydrotherapy pool to my knowledge. Not sure about lockers but all ships I have been on had them.
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:51 PM
annmac4223 annmac4223 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7
Default Spa Pricing

Why doesn't NCL publish their spa treatment prices on the website? I'd like to purchase a couple services in advance but they don't seem to be available for that. Anyone know? We're on the Breakaway 5/12. Thanks.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
MamaoftheSeas's Avatar
MamaoftheSeas MamaoftheSeas is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12
Cool Spa -- great deal

We were on the maiden voyage from London to NYC on the Breakaway. We purchased the spa pass in the spa....it was the first thing we did, and we felt it was a GREAT deal (cheaper than a massage and great for a whole week). There are lots of lounges, one nice-sized therapy pool with a long jetted bench and many jets on each side. There is also a hot tub and a smaller pool area with very strong jets. Then, there is a saunarium (a sauna that isn't as hot and is more humid), a sauna, a salt room, and a steam room. There are also showers near these rooms, lots of towels, tea, fruit infused water, and great views. There is a locker room as well with lockers, showers, toilets, and changing areas. The spa is wonderful. Since it was the maiden voyage, not everything was working in the beginning, but it all was working by the end. We would definitely purchase the package again!
__________________
lots of prior cruises
04-30-2013 Norwegian Breakaway
07-07-2013 RCCL Freedom of the Seas
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:09 PM
cusegirl315 cusegirl315 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 78
Default

On the Gem, they have 2 strong waterfall jets that feel like a water massage. Do they have this in the spa
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:27 PM
cabincop's Avatar
cabincop cabincop is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CT/NY
Posts: 5,340
Default

If you go to my ncl log in go to spa they have prices there
__________________
[font=Arial Black][size=4]45 + alot of CTNs cruises !!! [color=blue] 9 years living the suite sweet life. YOOOOOOOOOOO 11
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Mkehlb's Avatar
Mkehlb Mkehlb is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 134
Default

I can find the list of services but not the prices. I'm in explore and plan.
__________________
Ain't cruisin' grand!



Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:05 AM
pyrrhus's Avatar
pyrrhus pyrrhus is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetHod View Post
We were on the maiden voyage from London to NYC on the Breakaway. We purchased the spa pass in the spa....it was the first thing we did, and we felt it was a GREAT deal (cheaper than a massage and great for a whole week). There are lots of lounges, one nice-sized therapy pool with a long jetted bench and many jets on each side. There is also a hot tub and a smaller pool area with very strong jets. Then, there is a saunarium (a sauna that isn't as hot and is more humid), a sauna, a salt room, and a steam room. There are also showers near these rooms, lots of towels, tea, fruit infused water, and great views. There is a locker room as well with lockers, showers, toilets, and changing areas. The spa is wonderful. Since it was the maiden voyage, not everything was working in the beginning, but it all was working by the end. We would definitely purchase the package again!
Was the salt room included in the spa pass?
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Fishbait17's Avatar
Fishbait17 Fishbait17 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manasquan, NJ
Posts: 4,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmac4223 View Post
Why doesn't NCL publish their spa treatment prices on the website? I'd like to purchase a couple services in advance but they don't seem to be available for that. Anyone know? We're on the Breakaway 5/12. Thanks.
You cannot purchase spa services in advance, only on board. There is a list of some of the services, but certainly not all, on the explore and plan page.

Robin
__________________
Always planning my next adventure! Thanks CAS!

NCL Jewel - Family Alaska Adventure - May 2014 (Garden Villa)
NCL Gem - 9 Nights in Paradise - Mar 2014 (DOS +OV for daughter)
NCL Breakaway - Two Night Getaway for Two - Jan 2014 (Aft Penthouse)
NCL Breakaway - Brand new Ship with Hubby and Daughter! - May 2013 (Two Bedroom Haven Suite)
NCL Sun - Russia and the Baltic Sea With the Whole Family - May/June 2012 (Owner's Suite and Aft Penthouse for six)
NCL Epic - Eastern Caribbean Relaxing for Two - February 2012 (Two Bedroom Haven Villa S4)
NCL Jade - Croatia, Greece and Turkey with my MIL from Venice May 2011 - (Courtyard Family Villa A3/S4)
NCL Jewel - Shortened Florida, no Nassau, from NYC for Two December 2010 (Courtyard Family Villa A3)
NCL Jewel Bahamas and Florida from NYC with SIL July 2010 (Owner's Suite AA)
NCL Jade Egypt and Med Holiday with the Whole Family 2009-2010 (Garden Villa!)
NCL Dawn Two Nighter Quick Getaway for Two May 2009 (Aft Romance Suite AD)
NCL Jade Canary Islands & Morocco Adventure with Hubby March 2009 (Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite AB)
NCL Sun Alaska Relaxing for Two July 2008 (Aft Penthouse Suite AC)
NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean with the Whole Family March 2008 (Owner's, Penthouse, and Balcony all connected! AA, AC, BB)
NCL Sun Western Caribbean Christmas with the Family December 2007 (Owner's Suite AA and connected Mini)
NCL Dawn Two Nighter Quick Getaway for Two October 2007 (Aft Balcony Cabin BA)
NCL Jewel Mediterranean with my BFF August 2007 (Penthouse Suite AC)
NCL Pearl Western Caribbean with Daughter and Friend February 2007 (Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite AB)
Olympia Greek Islands 2003, Celebrity Galaxy Alaska 1999?, Dolphin Islandbreeze Cntrl/South Amer 1998?, Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas 1995?
The Big Red Boat - too many years ago!
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Nightengale212's Avatar
Nightengale212 Nightengale212 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Posts: 381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmac4223 View Post
Why doesn't NCL publish their spa treatment prices on the website? I'd like to purchase a couple services in advance but they don't seem to be available for that. Anyone know? We're on the Breakaway 5/12. Thanks.
I spend a good deal of time on my cruises in the spa and getting treatments, and if you are planning on getting 3 or more treatments ask for the 10/20/30 special. You get 10% off the first booked, 20% off the 2nd, and 30% off the 3rd.

To give you an idea of some of most popular spa treatment prices:

Facials - 50 minutes run between $119-$169
Massages - 50 & 75 minutes run between $119-$199, and the 100 minute Seaweed Massage around $259
Pedicure & Manicure - $50-$70

Booking spa treatments in advance and not paying up front was a feature I really enjoyed when I sailed Princess as it allowed me to better plan my time in the spa. Hoping one day this will be available on NCL even if you have to pay up front when booking.
__________________
Nightengale212

Golden Princess - Caribbean - 7/2004
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - 5/2005
Golden Princess - Caribbean - 2/2006
Coral Princess - Panama Canal - 10/2010
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - 1/2011
Sapphire Princess - Alaska - 7/2011
NCL Star - Western Caribbean - 3/2012
NCL Pearl - Caribbean - 2/2013
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda - 6/9/2013
NCL Breakaway - Southern Caribbean - 1/19/14
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM
pex pex is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 444
Default

Yes, they have a waterfall. All in all, though, the spa has been scaled back from the Jewel Class ships. Notably, the Breakaway does not have separate male/female sections, so be prepared for the exquisite tactile necessity of polyester swim suits in the co-ed sauna and steam room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusegirl315 View Post
On the Gem, they have 2 strong waterfall jets that feel like a water massage. Do they have this in the spa
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
js's Avatar
js js is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale212 View Post
I spend a good deal of time on my cruises in the spa and getting treatments, and if you are planning on getting 3 or more treatments ask for the 10/20/30 special. You get 10% off the first booked, 20% off the 2nd, and 30% off the 3rd.

To give you an idea of some of most popular spa treatment prices:

Facials - 50 minutes run between $119-$169
Massages - 50 & 75 minutes run between $119-$199, and the 100 minute Seaweed Massage around $259
Pedicure & Manicure - $50-$70

Booking spa treatments in advance and not paying up front was a feature I really enjoyed when I sailed Princess as it allowed me to better plan my time in the spa. Hoping one day this will be available on NCL even if you have to pay up front when booking.
I agree. I would LOVE to be able to purchase passes, treatments, etc. prior to boarding.
It would relieve some of the first day stress of travel, getting on board, running from place to place to make sure reservations/treatments for specific days are secured, etc.
I am happy we can pre-book the shows and specialty restaurants and hope the passes and spa will be available to book in the future.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM
The P The P is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pex View Post
Yes, they have a waterfall. All in all, though, the spa has been scaled back from the Jewel Class ships. Notably, the Breakaway does not have separate male/female sections, so be prepared for the exquisite tactile necessity of polyester swim suits in the co-ed sauna and steam room.
Thanks for the warning. Co-ed only, huh? Yep, that's a big difference. And a smaller space overall in a larger ship? I guess whoever decided this decided to make the balconies smaller, too, LOL.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Carolina Daisy's Avatar
Carolina Daisy Carolina Daisy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 110
Default

We will be on the Jade on 7/19 and I will be purchasing the all week spa pass for myself. Is it possible to get one for my 15 year old daughter? They are very specific about being 18 and over for most spa services, I don't want to get her hopes up in advance if it's not possible.

Thanks, Debra
__________________

*We sailed to Corfu, Mykonos, & Santorini, Greece and Ephesus, Turkey, on the Norwegian Jade 7/19/13
*We sailed to Alaska on the Norwegian Pearl 8/12/12
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM
hpecorari's Avatar
hpecorari hpecorari is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South of Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Daisy View Post
We will be on the Jade on 7/19 and I will be purchasing the all week spa pass for myself. Is it possible to get one for my 15 year old daughter? They are very specific about being 18 and over for most spa services, I don't want to get her hopes up in advance if it's not possible.

Thanks, Debra
I believe if they are specific about being 18 and older than I'd assume everyone must be 18 and older. If they make an exception for one they'd have to make an exception for everyone.....and then it wouldn't be an '18 and older' or 'adults' only spa pass.

Why would you even ask if the rules are '18 and older' ?
__________________
Upcoming:
June 2015 NCL Gem 6 night New England/Canada

Completed:
Sept. 2014 NCL Star - 14-Day Norway, Iceland, & Faroe Islands
May 2014 NCL Getaway - 7 night Caribbean
Feb. 2014 NCL Star - 14 night Panama Canal to Miami
Jan. 2014 NCL Star - 14 night Panama Canal to LA
Oct. 2013 NCL Sun - 11 night Southern Caribbean
June 2013 NCL Breakaway - 7 night Bermuda
Jan. 2013 NCL Pearl - 7 night Caribbean
Sept. 2012 Disney Dream - 4 night Bahamas
March 2012 NCL Dawn - 11 night Southern
Jan 2012 Navigator of the Seas-RCL-7 night Caribbean
Nov. 2011 NCL Star - 7 night Caribbean
Oct. 2011 Golden Princes - 14 night Hawaiian
June 2011 NCL Spirit - 7 night Caribbean
April 2011 NCL Pearl - 7 night Caribbean
Jan. 2011 Jewel of the Seas – RCL - 10 night Caribbean and Panama
Oct. 2010 Disney Wonder - 5 night Bahamas
Sept.2010 NCL Epic - 7 night Caribbean
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Carolina Daisy's Avatar
Carolina Daisy Carolina Daisy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpecorari View Post
I believe if they are specific about being 18 and older than I'd assume everyone must be 18 and older. If they make an exception for one they'd have to make an exception for everyone.....and then it wouldn't be an '18 and older' or 'adults' only spa pass.

Why would you even ask if the rules are '18 and older' ?
The reason I ask is because they do offer some services to some teens younger than 18 and I would like to know if the week-long pass is one of those services. I thought asking on this thread was reasonable....
__________________

*We sailed to Corfu, Mykonos, & Santorini, Greece and Ephesus, Turkey, on the Norwegian Jade 7/19/13
*We sailed to Alaska on the Norwegian Pearl 8/12/12
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:55 PM
dtb195 dtb195 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ny
Posts: 16
Default

Last yr my son who was 16 got the kids massage, but was not allowed to use the other facilities and that was fine for us. The ship is so filled with kids, i like to use the spa every day to get away fromt he crowds and kids running around
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.