Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old May 5th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Spa pass

Do you purchase your spa pass in the atrium or in the spa? Can you purchase this now or does it have to be on board?

Old May 5th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

I went on the Gem in November of 2011 and they were selling the spa pass before you boarded the ship in the terminal. I bought it then~~you will not regret it! I do not know where they will be selling it for the Breakaway? I want one for my cruise in January!
sailingnut59&date=10-27-CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.com/countdown.pl?image.cruisecritic.com][img]http//clocks.cruisecritic=Bh-10&name=sailingnut&date=10-27-2014&text=11 daysof bliss!&ship=Norwegian Gemisecritic.com][IMG]tp://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=sailingnut&date=10-27-2014&text=11 days of bliss!&ship=Norwegian Gem[/IMG][/url]each-10&name=sailingnut&date=10-6-2013&text=Bermuda Bound!&ship=

Old May 6th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sauna and Steam

On Breakaway are they in locker rooms or part of thermal suite where loungers and salt room is located?

Old May 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Did I Miss Something?

Looking at pics/videos of the fantastic NCL Breakaway and notice only ONE hydrotherapy pool with only ONE waterfall? Too small for that size ship. Please...tell me there is more than just the one small therapy pool I have seen in pics/video... (EPIC is phenomenal and thought Breakaway would be similar)

Old May 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was on the Transatlantic voyage. You purchase the spa package at the spa. The cost is $146.00 for the week which I felt was a little too pricey. It was only $105.00 on The Dawn. People complained that either the whirlpool was not working or the pool was cold or drained. They are not very big and to be honest I was not too impressed. Only one hydrotherapy pool to my knowledge. Not sure about lockers but all ships I have been on had them.

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Spa Pricing

Why doesn't NCL publish their spa treatment prices on the website? I'd like to purchase a couple services in advance but they don't seem to be available for that. Anyone know? We're on the Breakaway 5/12. Thanks.

Old May 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool Spa -- great deal

We were on the maiden voyage from London to NYC on the Breakaway. We purchased the spa pass in the spa....it was the first thing we did, and we felt it was a GREAT deal (cheaper than a massage and great for a whole week). There are lots of lounges, one nice-sized therapy pool with a long jetted bench and many jets on each side. There is also a hot tub and a smaller pool area with very strong jets. Then, there is a saunarium (a sauna that isn't as hot and is more humid), a sauna, a salt room, and a steam room. There are also showers near these rooms, lots of towels, tea, fruit infused water, and great views. There is a locker room as well with lockers, showers, toilets, and changing areas. The spa is wonderful. Since it was the maiden voyage, not everything was working in the beginning, but it all was working by the end. We would definitely purchase the package again!

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

On the Gem, they have 2 strong waterfall jets that feel like a water massage. Do they have this in the spa

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:27 PM
5,000+ Club

If you go to my ncl log in go to spa they have prices there

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

I can find the list of services but not the prices. I'm in explore and plan.

Old May 9th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetHod View Post
We were on the maiden voyage from London to NYC on the Breakaway. We purchased the spa pass in the spa....it was the first thing we did, and we felt it was a GREAT deal (cheaper than a massage and great for a whole week). There are lots of lounges, one nice-sized therapy pool with a long jetted bench and many jets on each side. There is also a hot tub and a smaller pool area with very strong jets. Then, there is a saunarium (a sauna that isn't as hot and is more humid), a sauna, a salt room, and a steam room. There are also showers near these rooms, lots of towels, tea, fruit infused water, and great views. There is a locker room as well with lockers, showers, toilets, and changing areas. The spa is wonderful. Since it was the maiden voyage, not everything was working in the beginning, but it all was working by the end. We would definitely purchase the package again!
Was the salt room included in the spa pass?

Old May 9th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmac4223 View Post
Why doesn't NCL publish their spa treatment prices on the website? I'd like to purchase a couple services in advance but they don't seem to be available for that. Anyone know? We're on the Breakaway 5/12. Thanks.
You cannot purchase spa services in advance, only on board. There is a list of some of the services, but certainly not all, on the explore and plan page.

Robin

NCL Jewel - Family Alaska Adventure - May 2014 (Garden Villa)
NCL Gem - 9 Nights in Paradise - Mar 2014 (DOS +OV for daughter)
NCL Breakaway - Two Night Getaway for Two - Jan 2014 (Aft Penthouse)
NCL Breakaway - Brand new Ship with Hubby and Daughter! - May 2013 (Two Bedroom Haven Suite)
NCL Sun - Russia and the Baltic Sea With the Whole Family - May/June 2012 (Owner's Suite and Aft Penthouse for six)
NCL Epic - Eastern Caribbean Relaxing for Two - February 2012 (Two Bedroom Haven Villa S4)
NCL Jade - Croatia, Greece and Turkey with my MIL from Venice May 2011 - (Courtyard Family Villa A3/S4)
NCL Jewel - Shortened Florida, no Nassau, from NYC for Two December 2010 (Courtyard Family Villa A3)
NCL Jewel Bahamas and Florida from NYC with SIL July 2010 (Owner's Suite AA)
NCL Jade Egypt and Med Holiday with the Whole Family 2009-2010 (Garden Villa!)
NCL Dawn Two Nighter Quick Getaway for Two May 2009 (Aft Romance Suite AD)
NCL Jade Canary Islands & Morocco Adventure with Hubby March 2009 (Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite AB)
NCL Sun Alaska Relaxing for Two July 2008 (Aft Penthouse Suite AC)
NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean with the Whole Family March 2008 (Owner's, Penthouse, and Balcony all connected! AA, AC, BB)
NCL Sun Western Caribbean Christmas with the Family December 2007 (Owner's Suite AA and connected Mini)
NCL Dawn Two Nighter Quick Getaway for Two October 2007 (Aft Balcony Cabin BA)
NCL Jewel Mediterranean with my BFF August 2007 (Penthouse Suite AC)
NCL Pearl Western Caribbean with Daughter and Friend February 2007 (Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite AB)
Olympia Greek Islands 2003, Celebrity Galaxy Alaska 1999?, Dolphin Islandbreeze Cntrl/South Amer 1998?, Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas 1995?
The Big Red Boat - too many years ago!

Old May 9th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmac4223 View Post
I spend a good deal of time on my cruises in the spa and getting treatments, and if you are planning on getting 3 or more treatments ask for the 10/20/30 special. You get 10% off the first booked, 20% off the 2nd, and 30% off the 3rd.

To give you an idea of some of most popular spa treatment prices:

Facials - 50 minutes run between $119-$169
Massages - 50 & 75 minutes run between $119-$199, and the 100 minute Seaweed Massage around $259
Pedicure & Manicure - $50-$70

Booking spa treatments in advance and not paying up front was a feature I really enjoyed when I sailed Princess as it allowed me to better plan my time in the spa. Hoping one day this will be available on NCL even if you have to pay up front when booking.

Golden Princess - Caribbean - 7/2004
Caribbean Princess - Caribbean - 5/2005
Golden Princess - Caribbean - 2/2006
Coral Princess - Panama Canal - 10/2010
Ruby Princess - Caribbean - 1/2011
Sapphire Princess - Alaska - 7/2011
NCL Star - Western Caribbean - 3/2012
NCL Pearl - Caribbean - 2/2013
NCL Breakaway - Bermuda - 6/9/2013
NCL Breakaway - Southern Caribbean - 1/19/14

Old May 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yes, they have a waterfall. All in all, though, the spa has been scaled back from the Jewel Class ships. Notably, the Breakaway does not have separate male/female sections, so be prepared for the exquisite tactile necessity of polyester swim suits in the co-ed sauna and steam room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusegirl315 View Post
On the Gem, they have 2 strong waterfall jets that feel like a water massage. Do they have this in the spa

Old May 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale212 View Post
I spend a good deal of time on my cruises in the spa and getting treatments, and if you are planning on getting 3 or more treatments ask for the 10/20/30 special. You get 10% off the first booked, 20% off the 2nd, and 30% off the 3rd.

To give you an idea of some of most popular spa treatment prices:

Facials - 50 minutes run between $119-$169
Massages - 50 & 75 minutes run between $119-$199, and the 100 minute Seaweed Massage around $259
Pedicure & Manicure - $50-$70

Booking spa treatments in advance and not paying up front was a feature I really enjoyed when I sailed Princess as it allowed me to better plan my time in the spa. Hoping one day this will be available on NCL even if you have to pay up front when booking.
I agree. I would LOVE to be able to purchase passes, treatments, etc. prior to boarding.
It would relieve some of the first day stress of travel, getting on board, running from place to place to make sure reservations/treatments for specific days are secured, etc.
I am happy we can pre-book the shows and specialty restaurants and hope the passes and spa will be available to book in the future.

Old May 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pex View Post
Yes, they have a waterfall. All in all, though, the spa has been scaled back from the Jewel Class ships. Notably, the Breakaway does not have separate male/female sections, so be prepared for the exquisite tactile necessity of polyester swim suits in the co-ed sauna and steam room.
Thanks for the warning. Co-ed only, huh? Yep, that's a big difference. And a smaller space overall in a larger ship? I guess whoever decided this decided to make the balconies smaller, too, LOL.

Old June 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

We will be on the Jade on 7/19 and I will be purchasing the all week spa pass for myself. Is it possible to get one for my 15 year old daughter? They are very specific about being 18 and over for most spa services, I don't want to get her hopes up in advance if it's not possible.

Thanks, Debra

*We sailed to Corfu, Mykonos, & Santorini, Greece and Ephesus, Turkey, on the Norwegian Jade 7/19/13
*We sailed to Alaska on the Norwegian Pearl 8/12/12

Old June 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Daisy View Post
We will be on the Jade on 7/19 and I will be purchasing the all week spa pass for myself. Is it possible to get one for my 15 year old daughter? They are very specific about being 18 and over for most spa services, I don't want to get her hopes up in advance if it's not possible.

Thanks, Debra
I believe if they are specific about being 18 and older than I'd assume everyone must be 18 and older. If they make an exception for one they'd have to make an exception for everyone.....and then it wouldn't be an '18 and older' or 'adults' only spa pass.

Why would you even ask if the rules are '18 and older' ?

Completed:
Sept. 2014 NCL Star - 14-Day Norway, Iceland, & Faroe Islands
May 2014 NCL Getaway - 7 night Caribbean
Feb. 2014 NCL Star - 14 night Panama Canal to Miami
Jan. 2014 NCL Star - 14 night Panama Canal to LA
Oct. 2013 NCL Sun - 11 night Southern Caribbean
June 2013 NCL Breakaway - 7 night Bermuda
Jan. 2013 NCL Pearl - 7 night Caribbean
Sept. 2012 Disney Dream - 4 night Bahamas
March 2012 NCL Dawn - 11 night Southern
Jan 2012 Navigator of the Seas-RCL-7 night Caribbean
Nov. 2011 NCL Star - 7 night Caribbean
Oct. 2011 Golden Princes - 14 night Hawaiian
June 2011 NCL Spirit - 7 night Caribbean
April 2011 NCL Pearl - 7 night Caribbean
Jan. 2011 Jewel of the Seas – RCL - 10 night Caribbean and Panama
Oct. 2010 Disney Wonder - 5 night Bahamas
Sept.2010 NCL Epic - 7 night Caribbean

Old June 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpecorari View Post
I believe if they are specific about being 18 and older than I'd assume everyone must be 18 and older. If they make an exception for one they'd have to make an exception for everyone.....and then it wouldn't be an '18 and older' or 'adults' only spa pass.

Why would you even ask if the rules are '18 and older' ?
The reason I ask is because they do offer some services to some teens younger than 18 and I would like to know if the week-long pass is one of those services. I thought asking on this thread was reasonable....

*We sailed to Corfu, Mykonos, & Santorini, Greece and Ephesus, Turkey, on the Norwegian Jade 7/19/13
*We sailed to Alaska on the Norwegian Pearl 8/12/12

Old June 25th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Last yr my son who was 16 got the kids massage, but was not allowed to use the other facilities and that was fine for us. The ship is so filled with kids, i like to use the spa every day to get away fromt he crowds and kids running around