Electrical outlets on Uniworld boats

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:38 PM.
Pittsburgh, PA
1,844 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
I looked back on this board and looked in the brochure but could not find anything about power outlets on Uniworld's European boats. Can anyone fill in this blank?

Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ben and Susan

Previous cruises:
Oceania REGATTA - Scenic Panama Canal - Dec. 5 - Dec. 21, 2014
Uniworld RIVER AMBASSADOR - European Splendors, June, 2013
Disney DREAM - 4-Day Bahamas - January, 2013
Oceania RIVIERA - Accent on Italy - Oct. 24 - Nov. 3, 2012
MV ECLIPSE - 7 days in the Galapagos - June, 2012
HAL STATENDAM - 7 day Glacier excursion - June, 2010
Disney WONDER - 3-night Bahamas - Dec. 27-30, 2009
Oceania REGATTA - Scandinavian Splendors - Aug 8-22, 2009
Carnival FANTASY - 3-day 1990 or '91
USS HANCOCK (CVA-19) Two WestPac cruises 1969-71 Oops those weren't pleasure cruises!
Madison, WI
470 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
I've yet to be on a Uniworld boat, but from the literature and reviews I've read the cabins have both 220 and 110 outlets.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
7/1/17 - Sensations of Southern France (Emerald Liberté)
11/17/18 - Splendors of Egypt & The Nile

Sailed:
12/20/15 - River Orchid & Vietnam/Cambodia land tour (blog)
09/07/14 - River Ambassador (review & blog)

Check out my travel blog: http://www.grosstravelchronicles.blogspot.com
milwaukee wisconsin
538 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
but you will need to use an adapter for your plug to fit the outlet. they typically use 2 round prongs. I believe they may be called northern european adapters that you need to use. they look something like this and you can find them at any travel store. you can also find them online for a couple bucks but I don't know what shipping would be.
Astoria Oregon US
32 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
They have a 110 outlet in the bathroom and one in the stateroom.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
06-06-2008 River Duchess

Pittsburgh, PA
1,844 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
I generally take a small, travel multi-plug extension, but does the 110 plug use normal U.S. plugs or the European plug? The one answer did confuse me a bit. I know the 240 plug will need to use an adaptor.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ben and Susan

Previous cruises:
USS HANCOCK (CVA-19) Two WestPac cruises 1969-71 Oops those weren't pleasure cruises!
Northern KY
1,040 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by bbwex
I generally take a small, travel multi-plug extension, but does the 110 plug use normal U.S. plugs or the European plug? The one answer did confuse me a bit. I know the 240 plug will need to use an adaptor.
Have you posted this question on Uniworld's site under the forums section? They have been most helpful with my questions.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pittsburgh, PA
1,844 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Didn't realize that Uniworld had a forum section. I will check it out. Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ben and Susan

Previous cruises:
Northridge, CA
109 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by bbwex
My dual voltage grounded extension cord from Magellan Travel Supplies has normal US outlets, but can handle 240. I use an adapter to plug it into a European outlet.

Hotels in Italy use different grounded outlets from those in France, so you need different adapters. (Had to buy one in France.)

My newer toys do not use grounded plugs, but can use 240.

Extension cords or multi-outlets are good to use to recharge stuff in airports where all the outlets may be in use by others. Just have to remember to take it with you when you go to your next flight.
cb
milwaukee wisconsin
538 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
bbwex - American plugs are verboten. You will need an adapter. As far as 110 or 220 voltage, lots of US electronic items can use either. Check on the device, sometimes it's listed otherwise check you device manual. if in doubt get yourself a converter (transformer) to use.
Ontario, Canada
231 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Paulinda
bbwex - American plugs are verboten. You will need an adapter. As far as 110 or 220 voltage, lots of US electronic items can use either. Check on the device, sometimes it's listed otherwise check you device manual. if in doubt get yourself a converter (transformer) to use.
I was on Uniworld River Princess earlier this month. The standard voltage was 220V for which a two-prong European adapter is required. However, each cabin also has one 110V outlet which takes a North American two or three prong plug. NO adaptor is needed for this outlet. I cannot be sure, but I believe that the other Uniworld European ships are similarly equipped.

If you check the Cruise Companion for your particular cruise on the Uniworld website you will find the precise information for your ship. Look under Stateroom Amenities.