Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:24 PM
green eyed lady's Avatar
green eyed lady green eyed lady is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,537
Default Burn the Floor on Breakaway

Is Burn the Floor ONLY during dinner in the Manhattan dining room? Or can you just book the show by itself?
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM
Single Cruiser's Avatar
Single Cruiser Single Cruiser is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 5,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyed lady View Post
Is Burn the Floor ONLY during dinner in the Manhattan dining room? Or can you just book the show by itself?
There are two shows. The main one in the theatre you can book on several nights and then they do a scaled down act in the manhattan room
__________________
Craig.







Norwegian Epic - Sept '14 7nt West Med
Independence of the Seas - May '14 6nt France/Spain
Norwegian Spirit - Mar '14 9nt Canary/Morocco
Norwegian Getaway - Jan '14 sampler

Norwegian Epic - October '13 13nt westbound transatlantic
Norwegian Epic - Sep '13 7nt west med
Norwegian Breakaway - May 13 7nt Inaugural Transatlantic

Norwegian Epic - October '12 13nt Westbound Transatlantic
Norwegian Epic - Apr/May '12 7nt West Med

Norwegian Epic - May/Jun '11 7nt West Med
Independence of the Seas - Dec '10 11nt Canaries
Ocean Village 1 - Aug '10 7nt West Med

Ocean Village 2 - Apr '09 7nt Maiden East Med Pyramids
Ocean Village 1 - Jan '08 14nt Central Americas;
April '07 17nt Trans Atlantic Barbados-Crete;
May '06 14nt West Med; May '05 14nt West Med

Last edited by Single Cruiser; May 21st, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:52 PM
green eyed lady's Avatar
green eyed lady green eyed lady is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single Cruiser View Post
There are two shows. The main one in the theatre you can book on several nights and then they do a scaled down act in the manhattan room
Thank you
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Writeratsea's Avatar
Writeratsea Writeratsea is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: East Bridgewater, MA
Posts: 1,044
Default Burn the Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single Cruiser View Post
There are two shows. The main one in the theatre you can book on several nights and then they do a scaled down act in the manhattan room
The main show in the theater was very high energy, loved it. You need to go to the box office next to the theater to make a reservation for the show and time you want to see it. If people in other cabins are joining you, then their names and cabin numbers must be given as well. There is a big board showing the availability of the shows and how much space is available. We tried making reservations to the shows on the touch screen near the reception desk but it didn't work the first night. So we just used the box office, simpler and up to date
__________________
NCL Majesty Aug 2004 (Bermuda)
NCL Majesty Sept 2005 (Bermuda)
NCL Majesty Sept 17, 2006 (Bermuda)
NCL Majesty Sept 30, 2007 (Bermuda)
NCL Gem December 15, 2007 (Weekend)
NCL Dream Oct 5, 2008 (Bermuda)
NCL Dawn Oct 4,2009 (Bermuda)
NCL Spirit Sept 17, 2010 (Bermuda)
HAL Veendam June 5,2011 (Bermuda)
NCL Dawn May18,2012 (Bermuda)

NCL Breakaway May 13,2013 (maiden voyage Bermuda)
NCL Dawn May 16,2014 (Bermuda)
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:42 PM
green eyed lady's Avatar
green eyed lady green eyed lady is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writeratsea View Post
The main show in the theater was very high energy, loved it. You need to go to the box office next to the theater to make a reservation for the show and time you want to see it. If people in other cabins are joining you, then their names and cabin numbers must be given as well. There is a big board showing the availability of the shows and how much space is available. We tried making reservations to the shows on the touch screen near the reception desk but it didn't work the first night. So we just used the box office, simpler and up to date
Thanks for the info...I was planning to make them by phone at 45 days out
__________________


Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
CruisinMaterial's Avatar
CruisinMaterial CruisinMaterial is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Merrimack Valley, MA USA
Posts: 9,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green eyed lady View Post
Is Burn the Floor ONLY during dinner in the Manhattan dining room? Or can you just book the show by itself?
Other posters have answered your comments about BTF but a tip for the dining room performances... get a seat along the outside immediate perimeter of the dance floor or else you'll miss see the feet work. I went early and was sat at a table and had my view blocked by people who moved chairs along the dance floor in Manhattan Room.

Their production show is phenomenal and the Manhattan Room performances are just as great! You'll enjoy them!
__________________
My Cruisin' History
Norwegian Breakaway 5/18/14 (BDA), Norwegian Star 1/5/14 (Panama Canal)
Norwegian Jewel 10/27/13 (AquaFest), Norwegian Breakaway 4/30/13 (Trans-Atlantic), Celebrity Millennium 3/3/13 (Asia ),
Norwegian Dawn 8/31/12, Norwegian Dawn 1/4/12,
Norwegian Spirit 8/28/11**, Norwegian EPIC 3/12/11, Norwegian Jewel 1/2/11
Norwegian Spirit 5/10, Norwegian Jewel 3/10 , Norwegian Sky 1/10, Norwegian Jewel 1/10,
Carnival Destiny 5/05 ,
Norwegian Spirit 5/09, Celebrity Solstice 3/09*, Crown Princess 1/09,
Norwegian Dream 5/08, Norwegian Sun 1/08, Norwegian Jewel 5/07,
Caribbean Princess 9/06, Star Princess 10/05**, Celebrity Millennium 8/04*,
Celebrity Millennium 1/04*, RCCL Splendour OTS 8/03*, Coral Princess 4/03, NCL Dawn 1/03*, Grand Princess 5/01
*denotes Atlantis voyage
**denotes voyage impacted by tropical weather
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
green eyed lady's Avatar
green eyed lady green eyed lady is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinMaterial View Post
Other posters have answered your comments about BTF but a tip for the dining room performances... get a seat along the outside immediate perimeter of the dance floor or else you'll miss see the feet work. I went early and was sat at a table and had my view blocked by people who moved chairs along the dance floor in Manhattan Room.

Their production show is phenomenal and the Manhattan Room performances are just as great! You'll enjoy them!
Thanks for the tip
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Savvy traveler 713 Savvy traveler 713 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Is there a scheduled day / time for when the performance is taking place in the manhattan room?
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old July 15th, 2013, 11:39 PM
dinkydee718 dinkydee718 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nj
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy traveler 713 View Post
Is there a scheduled day / time for when the performance is taking place in the manhattan room?
It's listed in the Daily the night before. We went to the dinner show twice and both times got seating right next to the dance floor (and had no one blocking us at all.) Just show up for dinner a half hour before the show.

The full show in the theater was absolutely amazing! The torturous part was waiting for it to start. They showed horrific dancing clips and played the worst music ever in the theater until the actual show starts. Bring ear plugs and black-out glasses and don't take them off till the show starts!
__________________
-Dee

DCL Dream - Feb. 2012
DCL Wonder - Feb. 2013

NCL Breakaway - Jul. 2013
DCL Fantasy - Feb. 2014
NCL Breakaway - Jul. 2014 (Yup, we're going again!)

Last edited by dinkydee718; July 15th, 2013 at 11:39 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:31 AM
jeanico jeanico is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkydee718 View Post
It's listed in the Daily the night before. We went to the dinner show twice and both times got seating right next to the dance floor (and had no one blocking us at all.) Just show up for dinner a half hour before the show.

The full show in the theater was absolutely amazing! The torturous part was waiting for it to start. They showed horrific dancing clips and played the worst music ever in the theater until the actual show starts. Bring ear plugs and black-out glasses and don't take them off till the show starts!
LOL! I totally agree with you about the video clips! In fact, one of the female dancers in a couple of clips looked so bored it was laughable (I am sure you will recognize which one I am referring to!). The actual show, however, is fabulous, high energy, and anything but boaring!
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:16 AM
mizlorinj's Avatar
mizlorinj mizlorinj is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,875
Default

You can book online for the shows 45 days out. That's what we did. There is no need to wait in lines onboard or on the phone.

So it's simple: Book online. Print out schedule if you prefer paper as a receipt. Show up at scheduled time. Your cruise card gets swiped to confirm your reservation, and in you walk to find a seat.

You will not get a reminder in your cabin.

Thought Burn the Floor was the best show on the Breakaway. We saw it in the theater--not the dining room.
__________________
-Lori

Sailing again soon on:
NCL Gem CTN - RC Quantum of the Seas CTN - NCL Breakaway CTN - NCL Gem

Past Cruises:
Carnival Splendor RC Explorer of the SeasNCL Gem ● NCL Breakaway CTN x 2 ● Carnival Glory ● NCL Breakaway Celebrity Equinox ● NCL Jewel CTN ● NCL Gem ● Carnival GloryDisney Magic CTNCarnival Freedom ● Norwegian Star ● Norwegian Gem ● Carnival Miracle CTNCarnival GloryCaribbean Princess repositioning ● Norwegian Jewel CTN ● Carnival LegendCarnival GloryCelebrity SummitIsland Princess through Panama Canal ● Norwegian Gem CTN ● Carnival Dream CTNCarnival LibertyCarnival Triumph Carnival Miracle ● Norwegian Dawn ● Norwegian Gem CTN ● Emerald PrincessRC Explorer of the SeasCrown PrincessCaribbean PrincessCarnival FantasyCarnival ImaginationCarnival Victory

Last edited by mizlorinj; July 16th, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.