Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default can celebrity change your cabin without notifying you?

Hi am booked on the Reflection in Oct. cabin 7131, It was booked as an assigned cabin through a group booking good rate that I can live with if fares tumble after final payment. My question is that this cabin can accommodate 4 people and we are only 2 travelling in it. If celebrity should need a cabin for 4 can then reassign us without contact first. I really don't want to move as it appears unobstructed although very forward. I know with princess you can request a no upgrade on your booking unless it is to a suite etc. Can you do this with Celebrity. Thanks for any infol

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
5,000+ Club

Celebrity has been known to change cabins without notifying the passenger. You can put a notification on your record "no upgrade". Contact your travel agent or Celebrity if you booked through them.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Very interesting. We too have a 4 person cabin booked. I'd be OK moving to different cabin but would like to be asked and have a say in the cabin that we move to.

I can see this happening with a guarantee assignment but not for one that you picked and paid for.

Star Princess July 2011
Westerdam March 2011
Caribbean Princess August 2010
Millennium March 2010
Crown Princess July 2009
Emerald Princess August 2008
Grand Princess July 2007
Radiance March 2007
Constellation July 2006
Brilliance March 2006
Summit March 2005
Vision March 2004
Vision July 2003
Splendour March 2003
Galaxy March 2002
Millennium August 2001
NCL Sky March 2001
Rhapsody May 1997

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

In most cases, a cabin for four is no bigger than a cabin for two. They have beds that open and hang down from the ceiling so you can sleep four.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:20 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgeezer View Post
In most cases, a cabin for four is no bigger than a cabin for two. They have beds that open and hang down from the ceiling so you can sleep four.
In this case I do not think it is about cabin size. The OP seems to have picked the cabin for the unobstructed view, not the size.

I believe the the question is : What happens in the future if party of three or four wants a cabin in that category but only the cabins left have only two berths. Might Celebrity move the OP to a cabin rated for two to provide a suitable cabin for the larger party?

I do not know the answer for certain. I suspect the cruise contract would allow them to do so, yet I doubt the cruiseline will actually do it (unless the new cabin is an upgrade).

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default just want unobstructed view

Starry eyes who have it correctly. It is the unobstructed view that I am concerned about. I will contact my TA and ask that no upgrade be put on my booking even though I picked this cabin and it is not a guarantee I don't want any surprises- like lifeboats at eye level.!!! Thanks, This has nothing to do with room size. I know they are the same.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

We were moved from our cabin on the Reflection without notification when they had the issue of the aqua cabins not being fitted correctly. I would have liked them to have notified me as I would have kept the cabin even though it was concierge as I liked the location.

UPCOMING CRUISES
05/2014 CELEBRITY SOLSTICE- Alaska

05/2013 Carnival Breeze - W. Caribbean
05/2013 Celebrity Millenium - ALASKA
11/2012 Celebrity Reflection - TRANSATLANTIC
5/2012 Celebrity Eclipse - NORWEGIAN FJORDS
5/2011 Celebrity Equinox TRANSATLANTIC
9/2010 Carnival Dream EASTERN CARIBBEAN
8/2010 Celebrity Century MEDITERRANEAN
1/2010 Carnival Freedom WESTERN CARIBBEAN
2/2008 Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas WESTERN CARIBBEAN
12/2006 Carnival Valor EASTERN CARIBBEAN
6/2005 Dawn Princess ALASKA SOUTHBOUND
6/2004 Celebrity Mercury HUBBARD GLACIER BAY/ALASKA
11/2003 Carnival Paradise EXOTIC WESTERN
5/2003 Carnival Spirit GLACIER BAY ALASKA
10/2002 Celebrity Mercury WESTERN CARIBBEAN
3/2002 Carnival Spirit EXOTIC S. CARIBBEAN
2/2002 Carnival Imagination KEY WEST & COZUMEL
10/2000 Carnival Ecstasy BAHAMAS
6/2000 Crown Princess BALTIC/RUSSIA
3/1998 Carnival Elation INAUGURAL/PANAMA CANAL
5/4/1997 Carnival Destiny WESTERN CARIBBEAN Married On Board
10/1995 Carnival Sensation BAHAMAS
06/1988 Carnival Celebration EASTERN CARIBBEAN

Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you should be moved and to an inferior location, you would at least have solid grounds to call your TA or Celebrity to request relocation to a better location.
Celebrity Silhouette, Europe/Mediterranean, July 2013; Celebrity Silhouette, E. Caribbean, April 2013; Century Diamond, Yangtze River, July 2012; Celebrity Solstice, W. Caribbean, April 2012; HAL Eurodam, Baltic, July 2011; RCI Liberty of the Seas, W. Caribbean, April 2010; HAL Noordam, Europe/Mediterranean, June-July 2009; RCI Brilliance of the Seas, Panama Canal, March 2008; RCI Grandeur of the Seas, NE/Canada, July 2007; RCI Radiance of the Seas, W. Caribbean, November 2006; RCI Radiance of the Seas, Alaska, August 2006; Carnival Liberty, W. Caribbean, November 2005; RCI Explorer of the Seas, E. Caribbean, Sept 2001; Princess Regal Princess, E. Caribbean, November 1993

Travel-related posts from my blog: http://terpnut.blogspot.com/search/label/travel