Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Default Reviews of the Week by jusstice, cwilsey, dgreeves, sloopie1 & glomarrone!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Norwegian Breakaway Breakaway First Cruise to Bermuda by jusstice
Ok, so this being a new ship with few cruises under her belt, I expected there would be some hiccups- and there were, but that didn't affect my cruise. i just took some notes for comments is all. First- the ship is really nice to look at. The artwork on the hull is amazing. The colors and design makes it feel like I was walking in a courtyard plaza. I like the atrium and the open design between the 6-8 floors. I also liked how everything you might need was centralized on 6-8 and then like 15-17 for the outdoor stuff. I had a balcony room. I thought there was plenty of room on the balcony. I made a lounger out of the two chairs and table. I did not spend much time out there. It was fun to hang on the balcony to wait for the "runners" in port. The room layout was pretty comfortable, with the exception of the space between the bed and the closet. I don't know if it is because we had the bed split into twins, but I could barely squeeze into the side if I needed to go into the closet. This is the biggest room for storage I have ever had on a cruise. There are shelves and cabinets everywhere. No need for an over the door thingy for bottles, as there is plenty of space to put everything away neatly. Continue reading... Breakaway First Cruise to Bermuda

Allure of the Seas WOW on the Allure of the Seas by cwilsey
My family and I just completed a seven day Western Caribbean Cruise on the Allure of the Seas. I had to write to say it was one of the most wonderful vacations we have experienced. The ship is absolutely beautiful! I cannot believe of all the offerings you have on Allure. There were so many options each day that it made it hard for us to do it all. Our family had balcony staterooms 9710 and 9712. We did not realize that the layout of each room was slightly different (9710 - bed closer to the door; 9712 - bed closer to the balcony). For ease of movement I highly recommend the layout like 9712. It made it easier to get to the closet and move in the room. We decided to purchase the premium beverage package and it was a great deal. If you like an all inclusive experience this is definitely for you. If our vacation is not on a cruise, it is at an all inclusive resort. We like it since you know all food and beverage is covered and you won't have a heart attack when you see the bar tab at the end of the week. Continue reading... WOW on the Allure of the Seas

Celebrity Reflection The cruise exceeded our expectations by dgreeves
Our cruise from Miami to Rome April 20, 2013 to May 6, 2013 As veterans of some 26 cruises, we were very pleased with the Celebrity Reflection and the 16 day cruise aboard this beautiful ship. Our experience exceeded expectations during most of the trip. Embarkation: We arrived at the pier about 12:00 noon, and moved rapidly through the embarkation process. We were on the ship and enjoying the food, public rooms, and ambiance of the vessel by 12:15 p.m. We are seniors, and noted immediately that most other passengers were near our ages. The staff were immediately attentive, and some of the most-friendly staff we have ever encountered in our cruises. The Reflection is very much a unique design for a cruise ship. Modern, progressive decor was everywhere, with some of the finest art we have seen. The new Reflection looked to us like it had just sailed for the first time, even though it had initially sailed several months ago. Muster drill was conducted without passengers wearing jackets in the Main theater. It was handled very well and featured well-produced videos along with the typical instructions. Continue reading... The cruise exceeded our expectations

Carnival Breeze Wow! Carnival hit a home run with this one! by sloopie1
We booked the Breeze two years in advance and as the anticipated sailing date grew near, so did a bit of apprehension with all the negative reviews I had read about this ship. Well, I'm happy to say - the naysayers are so wrong about this ship. Embarkation: A "Breeze". We arrived at the port, dropped our bags off with the porter, and with passports and boarding pass in hand, we entered the terminal. A quick check of our documents and we were up the first escalator into the "holding area" where we waited in a constantly moving line for about 15 or so minutes. And we didn't even mind! The excitement level of all in line was very high as everyone was looking forward to setting foot on board. Next thing we knew, we were getting our pictures made (they do this now when you get your Sign & Sail card instead of first getting on board) and then it's up the next escalator to have your "sail away photo" made. Once this has been completed, a quick short walk and you're ONBOARD! WhooHooooo! Continue reading... Wow! Carnival hit a home run with this one!

Crown Princess Feel Like Royalty aboard the Crown Princess by glomarrone
Recently, our daughter's family relocated to London for business reasons. We had not seen them for a year so we checked airline prices for our planned visit. We had sticker shock at the high cost of airline tickets and decided to check into transatlantic cruise prices. We discovered that for only a few hundred dollars more, we could cruise in style to the UK instead. We chose the M/S Crown Princess Transatlantic 17 day cruise to Southampton, England because of its itinerary. The ports of call were mostly in Europe: Galveston, Texas, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Ponta Delgada (Sao Miguel)/Azores, Lisbon, Portugal, Zeebrugge, Belgium, Le Havre, France, Southampton, England. Unfortunately, for us, the ship departed from Galveston, TX - a plane ride away for us living in Florida. While looking into alternatives, we discovered that it was possible to join the ship in Ft. Lauderdale only missing some sea days. The cost would be lower also. Continue reading... Feel Like Royalty aboard the Crown Princess

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; May 23rd, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Ad Sponsored By