Live - Allure of the Seas May 26, 2013 - OH NO! not another live blog

Hello everyone,

I know, I know, I said I would not do a live blog again. But I guess it is an addiction. Lol

Anyway, we are heading out tonight for a trip on Allure of the Seas. I have been listing our cruise on Jewel back in March as our first Caribbean cruise. But when I look on a map I realize Tampa, Key West, and Cozumel are really more Gulf of Mexico. So I will advertise this cruise on Allure as the real first Caribbean cruise for Bill and Marie. :D

To prepare for this cruise I swear I have done more planning than I did for the previous five cruises we were on. :eek: I have a spreadsheet listing daily activities, port locations and meal venues (thank you Gambee, I stole your template :o). I spent weeks checking my reservation waiting for the entertainment reservations to show so we could get the times we wanted. I tell you, cruising shouldn’t be this much work.

But everything is finally in place, the bags are packed and we leave tonight for Ft Lauderdale. We fly out of Seattle Tacoma Airport at 10:00pm for a direct flight to Ft Lauderdale, arriving about 6:45am. For all of the people who say you should never fly in the same day, I hope you do not get the chance to say “we told you so”. Sorry but it was just too tempting of a flight to pass up on.

I plan to make use of the unlimited WiFi plan on Allure to post while at sea. The Tapatalk app on my phone worked well in the past and I have learned a few more tricks with it such as placing multiple pictures in one post.

So I now must endure an agonizing 11 hour wait till we head to the airport. But I have survived the last 13 months since I first booked this cruise, I guess a few hours shouldn't be too tough. :p

Bill

We'll also be on Allure this Sunday but have a bit shorter journey, driving about an hour & a half from Naples, FL across Alligator Alley to Port Everglades. Best of luck with your flight. Taking our two "adult" boys, and everyone is really looking forward to the cruise.

Have a great cruise. We are just off last Sunday and had a great time. Be sure to be on the Rising Tide bar when the 70;s show starts. It is the best place to be to watch the show and the cruise director, Ken Rush, will end his show on the bar. ;)

Looking forward to your review! Really enjoyed your "live" Pacific/Hawaii cruise. Please take good care of Allure. When you get off, we get on! Your posts will help get us through this next week!

Hope you have a quiet, smooth flight.

Hello everyone,

I know, I know, I said I would not do a live blog again. But I guess it is an addiction. Lol

Anyway, we are heading out tonight for a trip on Allure of the Seas. I have been listing our cruise on Jewel back in March as our first Caribbean cruise. But when I look on a map I realize Tampa, Key West, and Cozumel are really more Gulf of Mexico. So I will advertise this cruise on Allure as the real first Caribbean cruise for Bill and Marie. :D

To prepare for this cruise I swear I have done more planning than I did for the previous five cruises we were on. :eek: I have a spreadsheet listing daily activities, port locations and meal venues (thank you Gambee, I stole your template :o). I spent weeks checking my reservation waiting for the entertainment reservations to show so we could get the times we wanted. I tell you, cruising shouldn’t be this much work.

But everything is finally in place, the bags are packed and we leave tonight for Ft Lauderdale. We fly out of Seattle Tacoma Airport at 10:00pm for a direct flight to Ft Lauderdale, arriving about 6:45am. For all of the people who say you should never fly in the same day, I hope you do not get the chance to say “we told you so”. Sorry but it was just too tempting of a flight to pass up on.

I plan to make use of the unlimited WiFi plan on Allure to post while at sea. The Tapatalk app on my phone worked well in the past and I have learned a few more tricks with it such as placing multiple pictures in one post.

So I now must endure an agonizing 11 hour wait till we head to the airport. But I have survived the last 13 months since I first booked this cruise, I guess a few hours shouldn't be too tough. :p

Bill

Hi PC Walton,

Do you mind uploading or e-mailing your final spreadsheet to me as I am trying to plan a cruise on the Allure as well....

Thank you in advanced,

bpphoto

bp.photos@verizon.net

Our group of 10 just left the beautiful Allure on Mother's Day. The upgrade fairy visited us and blessed us with a GS. It would have been a fabulous cruise anyway but that just made it better.

Enjoy your cruise, we loved every minute! Your review will help with the withdrawl pains that I am suffering. :p

Looking forward to your review! Really enjoyed your "live" Pacific/Hawaii cruise. Please take good care of Allure. When you get off, we get on! Your posts will help get us through this next week!

Hope you have a quiet, smooth flight.

Yea! I love reading your live reviews, always so well done! I'm subscribed!

Thanks, I hope I don't disappoint. :)

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

I am so happy you are doing another live report. I have enjoyed your others. I am doing research on the Allure for my SIL & her friends for their Nov. cruise, but not me...yet. I am looking forward to your opinions. Thanks for being addicted.

Wishing you a great flight and a wonderful cruise. I'll be here, as usual, cruising along with you two from my not-so-comfy chair.

Grab a few Z's on the plane - you'll need it. Allure is a big girl with many things to see and do!:)