Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old May 26th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Does it seem like you're in the mall?

Hi, I have a question for anyone who has been on the Breakaway - because it is so big does it have a "mall" feeling similar to the RCL Allure or the Oasis? We went on the Allure last year and I would not go again, for that reason. All or at least most of the bars were in a section with no windows or outside space, so you had no feeling of being on a ship - it was completely like being at the mall. I am hoping Breakaway is not like that because I like the fact that it sails out of NY. Comments?

Thanks!

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:15 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgidog View Post
Hi, I have a question for anyone who has been on the Breakaway - because it is so big does it have a "mall" feeling similar to the RCL Allure or the Oasis? We went on the Allure last year and I would not go again, for that reason. All or at least most of the bars were in a section with no windows or outside space, so you had no feeling of being on a ship - it was completely like being at the mall. I am hoping Breakaway is not like that because I like the fact that it sails out of NY. Comments?

Thanks!
I didn't feel like I was at the mall.

Will you feel like you are at the mall? Only you know the answer to that question.

Past:

2014: Getaway
2013: Jewel, Breakaway, Dawn
2012: Sensation, Jade, Pride of America, Pride, Dream
2011: Dawn, Sky, Spirit, Sun
2010: Star, Epic
2009: Jewel
2008: Gem
2007: Pearl

I'm just like everyone else . . .
I put my straight jacket on one buckle at a time.

Old May 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgidog View Post

Thanks!
It did not feel like a mall. There were many windows and with the waterfront area some of the bars actually had really nice outdoor areas where you can enjoy a drink before or after dinner and see the sunset and enjoy the ocean breeze.

Old May 26th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

no, not a mall feeling at all. I've read the complaints about the other ships, that you could barely see the water from most areas. The Breakaway has many windows and doors to outside, a lot from bars and restaurants. The outside areas on the top of the ship are great, and there's an outdoor covered buffet (that I didn't get to eat it, but it looked nice). You'll love it!

Old May 27th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

The RCL- freedom of the seas def had that mall feeling to it... Hated it ... Happy that the Breakaway is not going to be like that

Old June 12th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Awesome - thanks for the comments,