Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call

Old May 29th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Meet & Mingle . . . Cost?

This may be a very silly question, but is there a cost associated with "hosting" a meet & mingle? I mean, if I'm the one who contacts Norwegian to set it up, will they charge my shipboard account? And if so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks in advance!

Cruise-Ship.com - Tickers

Ad Sponsored By
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by didytak View Post
This may be a very silly question, but is there a cost associated with "hosting" a meet & mingle? I mean, if I'm the one who contacts Norwegian to set it up, will they charge my shipboard account? And if so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks in advance!
The cost is zero. You might even get lucky and get vip status.

Old May 29th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

What exactly is the role of the 'host' of a Meet & Mingle?

Old May 29th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie4 View Post
What exactly is the role of the 'host' of a Meet & Mingle?
To contact the group events person with the number of people who will attend. Keep a log/list/number of people who are signing up or stating they want to attend. You would be the "contact" person on the ship for the Meet and Greet.

Old May 29th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love my butler View Post
The cost is zero. You might even get lucky and get vip status.
AWESOME! Thank you so much!

Cruise-Ship.com - Tickers

Old May 29th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile If you need any info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by didytak View Post

Thanks in advance!
I just set one up for my July 14th sailing.

Let me know if you need any info!

Old May 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by debnjoe1438 View Post
To contact the group events person with the number of people who will attend. Keep a log/list/number of people who are signing up or stating they want to attend. You would be the "contact" person on the ship for the Meet and Greet.

Might I add arranging other activities that some of the group might be interested in during the M&G and perhaps after (Cabin crawl, slot pull, etc.) It's not necessary of course but it is a nice gesture. --- You also want to keep a note of those active on the thread who are more likely to show up at the M&G and those that won't. --- It'll be up to you to bring stickers for name badges and some pens and markers for it.

Old May 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenagurl View Post
Might I add arranging other activities that some of the group might be interested in during the M&G and perhaps after (Cabin crawl, slot pull, etc.) It's not necessary of course but it is a nice gesture. --- You also want to keep a note of those active on the thread who are more likely to show up at the M&G and those that won't. --- It'll be up to you to bring stickers for name badges and some pens and markers for it.
I organized out Meet & Greet on the Gem earlier this year. I kept a running list of attendees on our roll call (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...tern+caribbean)

I periodically updated NCL; and about two weeks before the cruise, I with sent them the final headcount. On the day of the event, our on-board group events coordinator showed up with a sign-up sheet and preprinted sticky name tags.

One of my fellow attendees organized a Super Bowl Pool and also organized a slot pull.

I would term ours as a great success... we had more than 60 cruisers in attendance.

Good Luck with yours "didytak"

NCL Pride of America - Sept 2014
NCL Gem - Jan 2013
NCL Pearl - Sept 2011
Starship Oceanic (Disney) Sept 1988

Last edited by azappraiser; May 29th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Old May 29th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

I've also read that some hosts create a private email, and ask for cabin numbers, then slip a reminder by each door the night before the cruise. Helps attendance, but of course, it would also depend on how large the sign up is --yikes, delivering 60 reminders is a lot of work!

Old May 29th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hosting/Coordinating is free, except for your time. For the M&G I coordinated, I created a Google Doc spreadsheet so everyone could fill out their info. It was great and easy to track the number of attendees. Lots of people pop into the M&G thread without looking back so you post the important info several times (date/time/location). Overall, it was a great experience and I loved my M&G group!

We did the M&G and slot pull. The slot pull was a lot of fun and we even came out $1 ahead (each!). Luckily another person volunteered to organize the slot pull. I think that was more work than the M&G!
NCL Dawn - November 2013
NCL Getaway - April 2014

Old May 30th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJim View Post
I've also read that some hosts create a private email, and ask for cabin numbers, then slip a reminder by each door the night before the cruise. Helps attendance, but of course, it would also depend on how large the sign up is --yikes, delivering 60 reminders is a lot of work!
I set up a special email account and asked our attendees send me a short message with info on their special celebrations... birthdays, anniversaries, etc, along with their full name and cabin number. I had a copy with me on the cruise and I also provided NCL with the info as well. I know I received a birthday surprise from the captain... DW & I enjoyed a very nice dinner at Moderno.

NCL Pride of America - Sept 2014
NCL Gem - Jan 2013
NCL Pearl - Sept 2011
Starship Oceanic (Disney) Sept 1988