Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals

How to Set Up a Meet & Mingle on Your NCL Cruise

NEW! Find Your NORWEGIAN Roll Call


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:38 AM
didytak's Avatar
didytak didytak is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 52
Default Meet & Mingle . . . Cost?

This may be a very silly question, but is there a cost associated with "hosting" a meet & mingle? I mean, if I'm the one who contacts Norwegian to set it up, will they charge my shipboard account? And if so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks in advance!
__________________
His,
Katy Lin



Cruise-Ship.com - Tickers
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #2  
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Love my butler's Avatar
Love my butler Love my butler is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by didytak View Post
This may be a very silly question, but is there a cost associated with "hosting" a meet & mingle? I mean, if I'm the one who contacts Norwegian to set it up, will they charge my shipboard account? And if so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks in advance!
The cost is zero. You might even get lucky and get vip status.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Archie4 Archie4 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangor, Northern Ireland
Posts: 202
Default

What exactly is the role of the 'host' of a Meet & Mingle?
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:06 AM
debnjoe1438's Avatar
debnjoe1438 debnjoe1438 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie4 View Post
What exactly is the role of the 'host' of a Meet & Mingle?
To contact the group events person with the number of people who will attend. Keep a log/list/number of people who are signing up or stating they want to attend. You would be the "contact" person on the ship for the Meet and Greet.
__________________

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:10 AM
didytak's Avatar
didytak didytak is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love my butler View Post
The cost is zero. You might even get lucky and get vip status.
AWESOME! Thank you so much!
__________________
His,
Katy Lin



Cruise-Ship.com - Tickers
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:38 AM
bambilin bambilin is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 598
Smile If you need any info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by didytak View Post
This may be a very silly question, but is there a cost associated with "hosting" a meet & mingle? I mean, if I'm the one who contacts Norwegian to set it up, will they charge my shipboard account? And if so, does anyone know how much it costs?

Thanks in advance!
I just set one up for my July 14th sailing.

Let me know if you need any info!
__________________
Lin
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
xenagurl's Avatar
xenagurl xenagurl is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debnjoe1438 View Post
To contact the group events person with the number of people who will attend. Keep a log/list/number of people who are signing up or stating they want to attend. You would be the "contact" person on the ship for the Meet and Greet.

Might I add arranging other activities that some of the group might be interested in during the M&G and perhaps after (Cabin crawl, slot pull, etc.) It's not necessary of course but it is a nice gesture. --- You also want to keep a note of those active on the thread who are more likely to show up at the M&G and those that won't. --- It'll be up to you to bring stickers for name badges and some pens and markers for it.
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM
azappraiser azappraiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenagurl View Post
Might I add arranging other activities that some of the group might be interested in during the M&G and perhaps after (Cabin crawl, slot pull, etc.) It's not necessary of course but it is a nice gesture. --- You also want to keep a note of those active on the thread who are more likely to show up at the M&G and those that won't. --- It'll be up to you to bring stickers for name badges and some pens and markers for it.
I organized out Meet & Greet on the Gem earlier this year. I kept a running list of attendees on our roll call (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...tern+caribbean)

I periodically updated NCL; and about two weeks before the cruise, I with sent them the final headcount. On the day of the event, our on-board group events coordinator showed up with a sign-up sheet and preprinted sticky name tags.

One of my fellow attendees organized a Super Bowl Pool and also organized a slot pull.

I would term ours as a great success... we had more than 60 cruisers in attendance.

Good Luck with yours "didytak"
__________________





NCL Pride of America - Sept 2014
NCL Gem - Jan 2013
NCL Pearl - Sept 2011
Starship Oceanic (Disney) Sept 1988

Last edited by azappraiser; May 29th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:22 PM
PatJim PatJim is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 496
Default

I've also read that some hosts create a private email, and ask for cabin numbers, then slip a reminder by each door the night before the cruise. Helps attendance, but of course, it would also depend on how large the sign up is --yikes, delivering 60 reminders is a lot of work!
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:45 PM
eiffeltower07's Avatar
eiffeltower07 eiffeltower07 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 354
Default

Hosting/Coordinating is free, except for your time. For the M&G I coordinated, I created a Google Doc spreadsheet so everyone could fill out their info. It was great and easy to track the number of attendees. Lots of people pop into the M&G thread without looking back so you post the important info several times (date/time/location). Overall, it was a great experience and I loved my M&G group!

We did the M&G and slot pull. The slot pull was a lot of fun and we even came out $1 ahead (each!). Luckily another person volunteered to organize the slot pull. I think that was more work than the M&G!
__________________
NCL Sky - July 2010 & October 2011
NCL Star - April 2012
NCL Epic - April 2013
NCL Dawn - November 2013
NCL Getaway - April 2014
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:56 PM
azappraiser azappraiser is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJim View Post
I've also read that some hosts create a private email, and ask for cabin numbers, then slip a reminder by each door the night before the cruise. Helps attendance, but of course, it would also depend on how large the sign up is --yikes, delivering 60 reminders is a lot of work!
I set up a special email account and asked our attendees send me a short message with info on their special celebrations... birthdays, anniversaries, etc, along with their full name and cabin number. I had a copy with me on the cruise and I also provided NCL with the info as well. I know I received a birthday surprise from the captain... DW & I enjoyed a very nice dinner at Moderno.
__________________





NCL Pride of America - Sept 2014
NCL Gem - Jan 2013
NCL Pearl - Sept 2011
Starship Oceanic (Disney) Sept 1988
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.