Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old June 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Royal Choice Dining Package - Radiance

Hi, This may have been discussed but I couldn't find it doing a quick search. And note this isn't a big deal, just curious. Below is copied from Royal Caribbean Website. The 4 restaurants on Radiance are Chops ($30), Giovannis ($20), Samba ($30) and Izumi ($10) so the total if paid individually is $90. The price online for me to reserve today is $75. The savings is not 20%; it is close to 17%. As I said just curious about the "false" advertising. Is this common for Royal, am I doing my math wrong, is there a price wrong somewhere, etc.? Thanks

The package gives you the opportunity to dine at several fine restaurants for one discounted price. You'll save at least 20% off the cost of booking the restaurants individually. That's sizable savings for delicious fare from tantalizing steaks to fresh seafood, family-style pastas, and an array of decadent desserts

Last edited by spny84; June 9th, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

Old June 9th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

That may be right. I thought I read where someone else paid $55 pp for Chops, Giovanni's, and Izumi on the Grandeur, but this was purchased when they boarded so maybe bigger discount for pre-booking. I was thinking of buying package as I want to go to Chops and Giovanni's, but my wife wants to go to Izumi.

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas (6 days to Bermuda) Review AO Daily Planners

Last edited by RSLeesburg; June 9th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.

Old June 9th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spny84 View Post
Hi, This may have been discussed but I couldn't find it doing a quick search. And note this isn't a big deal, just curious. Below is copied from Royal Caribbean Website. The 4 restaurants on Radiance are Chops ($30), Giovannis ($20), Samba ($30) and Izumi ($10) so the total if paid individually is $90. The price online for me to reserve today is $75. The savings is not 20%; it is close to 17%. As I said just curious about the "false" advertising. Is this common for Royal, am I doing my math wrong, is there a price wrong somewhere, etc.? Thanks

The package gives you the opportunity to dine at several fine restaurants for one discounted price. You'll save at least 20% off the cost of booking the restaurants individually. That's sizable savings for delicious fare from tantalizing steaks to fresh seafood, family-style pastas, and an array of decadent desserts
I don't know the answer to your question but it is a big deal if a company misleads guests/customers.

Me being pedantic about this sort of thing would make sure I got the extra 3% when paying my final bill so that the company gets a signal from me as a consumer that it can't mislead me or rip me off.

:-)

Old June 10th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Izumi is $20

Hi there!

We recently paid $55 for the Dining Package on Rhapsody (12-night cruise) for the 3 specialty restaurants and I'm nearly sure that Izumi is priced at $20 for dinner normally.

We are also considering the $75 Dining Package on Radiance (16-night cruise) for the 4 specialty restaurants but will wait until we board this time as we want to use our OBC rather than pay prior to boarding with our credit card.

We thought the Dining Package was great value as the food & service was first-rate and would be beyond our budget if on land.

Enjoy - Gae
Nov 2012 - Voyager of the Seas - 14 days NZ (A whole new experience on a larger ship!)
Mar 2013 - Rhapsody of the Seas - 12 days Sydney-Fiji return (Fabulous trip! Happy crew! Great ship!)
Oct 2013 - Radiance of the Seas - 16 days Top End cruise to Perth (GREAT cruise! Booked again next year!) Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...933564&page=13
Apr 2014 - P&O Pacific Pearl - 15 nights Southern States Getaway incl. Kangaroo Island (Port intensive! Had a great time!)
FUTURE CRUISES BOOKED:
Oct 2014 - Rhapsody - 2 night Sampler
Oct 2014 - Radiance - 16 days Top End cruise to Perth (Yes, I'm doing it again!)

Feb 2015 - Voyager - 3 nights sampler (to check out after refit)
Dec 2015 - Legend - 2 night sampler from Brisbane - checking out after her recent refit
Mar 2016 - Explorer - 4 night Hobart from Sydney on this 'new' ship

Old June 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaechann View Post
Hi there!

We recently paid $55 for the Dining Package on Rhapsody (12-night cruise) for the 3 specialty restaurants and I'm nearly sure that Izumi is priced at $20 for dinner normally.

We are also considering the $75 Dining Package on Radiance (16-night cruise) for the 4 specialty restaurants but will wait until we board this time as we want to use our OBC rather than pay prior to boarding with our credit card.

We thought the Dining Package was great value as the food & service was first-rate and would be beyond our budget if on land.

Enjoy - Gae
Izumi is priced per item, with a $5 cover charge at dinner. I believe that the dining package gives a $20 credit at Izumi.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old June 13th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

So on Brilliance of the Seas, if I chose this package, would it be for Chops, Izumi and Giovanni's Table? Is there a Samba Grill on the newly refurbished Brilliance, does anyone know? It seems for $55 per person for three restaurants is about 20% off?

Thanks!

Debbie

2011 RCI Oasis of the Seas - Med
2000 Carnival

Last edited by Debinnova; June 13th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

Old June 13th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debinnova View Post
So on Brilliance of the Seas, if I chose this package, would it be for Chops, Izumi and Giovanni's Table? Is there a Samba Grill on the newly refurbished Brilliance, does anyone know? It seems for $55 per person for three restaurants is about 20% off?

Thanks!

Debbie
No Samba Grill on Brilliance

Old June 13th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

I thought that special was for the five Specialty Restaurants on the Radiance. Chops Grille, Giovanni's ,Izumi,Samba Grill and Rita's Cantina. If you don't get to dine at Rita's as well you are right and you are not going to save 20%.I will have to check again before I book my specialty dining for my next cruise.

Old June 13th, 2013, 07:23 AM
30,000+ Club

Quote:

Thanks!

Debbie
I believe the only extra cost specialty restaurants on Brilliance are Chef's Table, Giovanni's, Izumi, and Rita's Cantina. No Chops.

Past Cruises

RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old June 13th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasp 0401 View Post
I thought that special was for the five Specialty Restaurants on the Radiance. Chops Grille, Giovanni's ,Izumi,Samba Grill and Rita's Cantina. If you don't get to dine at Rita's as well you are right and you are not going to save 20%.I will have to check again before I book my specialty dining for my next cruise.
On my booking page, there are only the four listed, for Radiance. And in response to someone else it's $10 for dinner at Izumi,according to the booking page. And no where does it say you get a credit at Izumi, I figure you still pay for what you eat. I was hoping someone had done the package before but so far no one who has, has responded.

Last edited by spny84; June 13th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.

Old June 13th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

I think there is definitely a Chops on Brilliance; or at least hopefully since I just paid for the 3 restaurant package and made the reservation at Chops online this am!

I think I paid $55 for Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi.

Thanks,

Debbie

2011 RCI Oasis of the Seas - Med
2000 Carnival

Old June 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
30,000+ Club

Quote:
I think there is definitely a Chops on Brilliance; or at least hopefully since I just paid for the 3 restaurant package and made the reservation at Chops online this am!

I think I paid $55 for Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi.

Thanks,

Debbie
You are correct, my mistake. I was reading what was new and forgot that Chops has been on Brilliance since the beginning.

Past Cruises

Old June 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
On my booking page, there are only the four listed, for Radiance. And in response to someone else it's $10 for dinner at Izumi,according to the booking page. And no where does it say you get a credit at Izumi, I figure you still pay for what you eat. I was hoping someone had done the package before but so far no one who has, has responded.
I did the 3 restaurant package on Grandeur and you select items alacarte at Izumi that equalled either $15 or $20. I really forget which but I had a wonderful meal including a dessert!
Carnival Spirit 9/05 Mexico
RC Freedom OS 10/06 Western Caribbean (c&a mem. cruise)
RC Grandeur OS 12/08 Eastern Caribbean
RC Serendade OS 10/09 Western Caribbean
Celeb. Summit 01/10 Southern Caribbean
Radiance OS 09/10 Alaska cruisetour (Southbound)
Majesty OS 11/10 Bahamas
Enchantment OS 04/10 Bahamas (c & a member cruise)
Enchantment OS 09/11 New England/Canada
Enchantment OS 11/12 Bahamas
Grandeur OS 04/13 Repositioning Caribbean Adventure Cruise
Radiance OS 06/13 DIY Alaska land tour then southbound cruise