Nuremberg hotel

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:34 AM.
Ontario, Canada
2,733 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Hi -

We have booked the Agneshof for 2 nights in September.

Seems to have reasonable reviews, prices not out of this world - and very close to the centre of town.

I can post our experiences when we return - if you are willing to wait.

Fran

p.s. Ingo_e ... unless you tell me this is a horrible choice , and I will cancel and book elsewhere!!!
Nuremberg
371 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Btw, here is the link to some hotels: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...5&postcount=11

Franski: The Agneshof is in the very center, about half the way between market square and the Albrecht Dürer House. Have not heard anything bad about it, but can't really save... IF we need hotels, the main criteria - accessible by bus - is not given here. And as I live in the city, I don't need a hotel myself

Write me an email earlier, will you?
FL
14,201 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
I like Le Meridien as we travel by train and it is convenient and a nice hotel. I am also influenced by my Starwood points when I choose hotels.

There is also a cute, smaller hotel we discovered two years ago, Steichele, that has a great restaurant as well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
143 cruises since 1964, 15 on the river.
Looking forward to:
Le Lyral, The Adriatic, September 2017
Amadeus Silver II - Magic of Advent, December 2017
Oceania Marina, South Pacific, February 2018

AmaKristina, Christmas Markets, December 2018

Our river cruising history:
Avalon Luminary B2B- Christmas Markets, 2009
Avalon Affinity - Christmas Markets 2010
Avalon Panorama - Danube New Years Cruise, 2011
AmaDante -Vineyards of the Rhine and Moselle 2012
AmaCerto - Budapest to Nuremburg, 2013
AmaBella - Tulip Time, 2014
AmaDagio - Provence, 2014
AmaReina - Holiday on the Rhine 2014
SS Catherine - Provence 2015
AmaSerena Christmas on the Rhine, 2015
Scenic Diamond, Bordeaux, April 2016
AmaVida, Douro, August. 2016
AmaSonata, Romantic Danube - Oct. 2016
Joie de Vivre, Paris and Normany - April 2017
Las Vegas, NV
251 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
On two successive Christmas cruises originating in Nuremberg we stayed in the Sheraton 2 blocks from the Train Station. A 4 star property, we liked it a great deal. Customer service was particularly good and it was convenient to our needs. Even in winter is was a Very easy walk from the train station. (Starwood points work here too)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sydney Australia
145 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
We (3 couples) stayed at the Agneshof Hotel for 2 nights in late June last year. The hotel is very central in the old town,easy walk to town square where the markets are held, up to the castle and restaurants/cafes. The hotel allowed us to park our 9 seater van in the front forecourt(for a reasonable cost). Breakfast was good, rooms good, staff very helpful. Would stay there again.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Debbie
Louis Cristal - Istanbul/Athens July-August 2012
P&O Pacific Pearl - Australia Day 2013
Avalon Vista - Frankfurt/Vienna 22/12/2013
RV Jahan - Ho Chi Minh/Siem Reap 27/9/2014

MS Rotterdam - Montreal/Boston 1-8 October 2016
Avalon Artistry II - Rhine & Moselle Amsterdam/Basel 12/10-24/10/2017
Ontario, Canada
2,733 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by ikesyd
We (3 couples) stayed at the Agneshof Hotel for 2 nights in late June last year. The hotel is very central in the old town,easy walk to town square where the markets are held, up to the castle and restaurants/cafes. The hotel allowed us to park our 9 seater van in the front forecourt(for a reasonable cost). Breakfast was good, rooms good, staff very helpful. Would stay there again.
Great to know...

Booked primarily for location - and this seemed very central and walkable to what we want to see.

I will post a review after we get back (extending for 2 days after our cruise in September....)

Fran
Ontario, Canada
2,733 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by ingo_e
Btw, here is the link to some hotels: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...5&postcount=11

Franski: The Agneshof is in the very center, about half the way between market square and the Albrecht Dürer House. Have not heard anything bad about it, but can't really save... IF we need hotels, the main criteria - accessible by bus - is not given here. And as I live in the city, I don't need a hotel myself

Write me an email earlier, will you?
Great list - and the Agneshof is on it.

Central was my first criteria, and the reviews seemed reasonable.

Thanks.

Fran
Kentucky
234 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Thanks for the input! Our Dec. cruise departs from Nuremberg and I wanted to arrive a few days early (winter + travel= angst on my part.) I was there last May but went directly from the airport to the River Princess.