Progresso Excursions

ikary

My wife and I will be on Carnival Elation at Progresson on 7/5/05. We will only be in port from 8 am - 4 pm. This will be our only opportunity to see some ruins and we would like to do a little shopping in Progresso as well. The cruise tour to Chichen Itza seems too long to allow time for shopping. The Dziblchatun ruins seem a little blase. So, we're leaning toward the Uxmal ruins. Has anyone been on the Elation excursion to Uxmal? Was there time for shopping? Are there independent tours to Uxmal that are better?

we're leaning toward the Uxmal ruins. Has anyone been on the Elation excursion to Uxmal? Was there time for shopping? Are there independent tours to Uxmal that are better?
Hola ikary,

I don't know about Uxmal, but 2 years ago we visited Dzbilchaltun. Nice tour and plenty of time to shop. We booked through the ship (ELATION) but if I was to go back I would book through an independent. If you go, take lots of film and don't forget your swimwear so you can swim in the cenote.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.

Clackey

My wife and I will be on Carnival Elation at Progresson on 7/5/05. We will only be in port from 8 am - 4 pm. This will be our only opportunity to see some ruins and we would like to do a little shopping in Progresso as well. The cruise tour to Chichen Itza seems too long to allow time for shopping. The Dziblchatun ruins seem a little blase. So, we're leaning toward the Uxmal ruins. Has anyone been on the Elation excursion to Uxmal? Was there time for shopping? Are there independent tours to Uxmal that are better?

Just returned on Sunday - We took a van taxi to Dzibilchaltun ruins ($65 for a group of 6). The ruins were very nice as was the museum. We still had time for the beach and shopping.

We found that there were many independent people very near the courtesy bus drop off.

Archived