Coffee Maker in BA

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:27 PM.
#1
5,479 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Hi. I will have a BA (Balcony) room on the Breakaway next month!
I would like to know if the coffee machines are the pods or if I can bring my
own coffee (DD). If I can bring my own coffee, what kind of filters do I need to
bring with me (cone or regular shaped). I drink black iced coffee so thinking I can make the coffee in the morning and somehow get ice before I leave my cabin (or wait to I get to the buffet to find it). Thank you very much.
#2
NJ
6,290 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Pods but the coffee was pretty decent. We didn't fill the cup completely so it would be a little stronger. I liked having the coffee maker in the room.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Lori

Up next: Anthem of the Seas and Carnival Sunshine

Past cruises:
NCL: Gem & Breakaway many times, Jewel 2x, Star, Dawn
Carnival: Sunshine, Splendor, Glory 5x, Freedom, Miracle 2x, Legend, Dream, Liberty, Triumph, Fantasy, Imagination, Victory (1st cruise ever!!)
Princess: Caribbean 2x, Crown, Emerald, Island Princess through Panama Canal!
Royal: Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas 2x, Quantum of the Seas, Explorer 2x
Celebrity: Equinox and Summit
Disney: Magic
#3
5,479 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Thank you.
So, if I want to bring my own DD coffee, I cannot?
The coffee machines are like a Kurig? Is that correct?
If so, I'll get some DD pods.
Thanks SOO much!
#4
NJ
6,290 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Looked like this one: Hamilton Beach 49970 Personal Cup One Cup Pod Brewer

Enjoy!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Lori

Up next: Anthem of the Seas and Carnival Sunshine

Past cruises:
NCL: Gem & Breakaway many times, Jewel 2x, Star, Dawn
Carnival: Sunshine, Splendor, Glory 5x, Freedom, Miracle 2x, Legend, Dream, Liberty, Triumph, Fantasy, Imagination, Victory (1st cruise ever!!)
Princess: Caribbean 2x, Crown, Emerald, Island Princess through Panama Canal!
Royal: Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas 2x, Quantum of the Seas, Explorer 2x
Celebrity: Equinox and Summit
Disney: Magic
#5
5,479 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Thank you. That looks lime I can bring my own coffee. Had anyone done this. Thank you.


Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#6
1,474 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
I haven't tried it yet, but I was looking into the same thing- for the same reason that I drink iced coffee. There are several amazon reviewers that report using the 4 cup filters and just folding them over to form a pod- some say they moisten the filter to help it stay in place when folded over.
I intend to try this as it will allow me to bring the coffee I like and make it stronger for iced coffee!
#7
5,479 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Originally posted by oceanseagle12
I haven't tried it yet, but I was looking into the same thing- for the same reason that I drink iced coffee. There are several amazon reviewers that report using the 4 cup filters and just folding them over to form a pod- some say they moisten the filter to help it stay in place when folded over.
I intend to try this as it will allow me to bring the coffee I like and make it stronger for iced coffee!
I do love my DD and everything else always just tastes bad to me but I think I may just order two coffee pots of coffee one day/night and put in the fridge and use/reorder as needed. The coffee maker only makes one cup at at time and I think it will be a chore for me to do this while on vacation. If I have the pots in the fridge, I can use when I want and it will eventually be cold so as not to melt the small ice cubes in the coffee mug.

Good luck to us LOL
#8
Brick, New Jersey
4,938 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Does anyone know if the mesh filter that you use with a Keurig would work here so you can bring your own coffee??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[url=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/URL




Caribbean Princess 07/03/2004
Caribbean Princess 05/21/2005
Radiance of the Seas 04/16/2006
Caribbean Princess 07/15/2007
Caribbean Princess 05/11/2008
Adventure of the Seas 07/06/2008
Celebrity Summit 07/24/2011
Oasis of the Seas 07/21/2012
Norwegian Breakaway 08/11/2013
Oasis of the Seas 08/23/2014
Quantum of the Seas 04/05/15
Liberty of the Seas 08/13/2015

Anthem of the Seas 03/04/2016
#9
1,474 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by roe2ship
Does anyone know if the mesh filter that you use with a Keurig would work here so you can bring your own coffee??
I don't think so. This is a pod style- a completely different shape than the Keurig. You would need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ecopad-Refilla...ref=pd_sim_k_3

or for disposable filters:
http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Pod-Rep...ref=pd_sim_k_1

Caveat: I haven't actually used the machine. I am going by pictures from those who have been on board and information from Amazon.
#10
1,474 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by js
I do love my DD and everything else always just tastes bad to me but I think I may just order two coffee pots of coffee one day/night and put in the fridge and use/reorder as needed. The coffee maker only makes one cup at at time and I think it will be a chore for me to do this while on vacation. If I have the pots in the fridge, I can use when I want and it will eventually be cold so as not to melt the small ice cubes in the coffee mug.

Good luck to us LOL
Good luck indeed. That may work too, although I suspect it would wind up more expensive for us because we would probably wind up buying iced coffee from the atrium cafe all week!
Although I do like the idea of ordering a pitcher to keep in the cabin. Maybe I can brew extra strong coffee and pour it over ice to store in the fridge. Either way, enjoy!
#11
Brick, New Jersey
4,938 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by oceanseagle12
I don't think so. This is a pod style- a completely different shape than the Keurig. You would need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ecopad-Refilla...ref=pd_sim_k_3

or for disposable filters:
http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Pod-Rep...ref=pd_sim_k_1

Caveat: I haven't actually used the machine. I am going by pictures from those who have been on board and information from Amazon.
Thanks so much for that information....much appreciated!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[url=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/URL




Caribbean Princess 07/03/2004
Caribbean Princess 05/21/2005
Radiance of the Seas 04/16/2006
Caribbean Princess 07/15/2007
Caribbean Princess 05/11/2008
Adventure of the Seas 07/06/2008
Celebrity Summit 07/24/2011
Oasis of the Seas 07/21/2012
Norwegian Breakaway 08/11/2013
Oasis of the Seas 08/23/2014
Quantum of the Seas 04/05/15
Liberty of the Seas 08/13/2015

Anthem of the Seas 03/04/2016