Anyone back from Viking Passage to Eastern Europe arriving in Budapest on 6/15/13

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:37 AM.
3 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
We had to cancel our Viking Passage to Eastern Europe, which was to leave Bucharest on 6/08 and arrive in Budapest on 6/15, because of a medical issue for DH. Based on the reports I've been reading, it appears that the Danube south of Budapest may have crested during our cruise, and I'm just wondering if the cruise was able to proceed per its itinerary or was there some bus travel or alterations to the itinerary?? Just wondering what we missed. We have trip insurance, so we will get our $$ back.
3 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
We bought trip insurance from Allianz through our travel agent. We have submitted a claim and should get 100% but I haven't had a response yet--should hear from them this week. The holdup was getting the form completed and signed by the doctor.